Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

Thank you. This is my first time on Pakistani forum and this show has pulled me out of the woodworks!

Then you're going to have a great time. We've already completed 1 AT in two weeks. The endless discussions we have range from being serious to lame and creepy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Do share your thought about the performances and the episodes that have aired so far 😳
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Here I go with my take on the very essential issue of Wali's entry into the world🀣

Of course, Wali's going to be Suhaib and Arjumand's baby... I'm sure πŸ˜† Slowly and gradually they will develop understanding with each other, even if they don't fall in love. Plus, they showed in the next episode that Behroze-Roohi will come to the haveli. I feel like when Behroze is gonna fight for Roohi with his Agha Jaan and all, Arjumand will realise that Behroze usko chor ke shaadi kar chuka hai and now he's leading a happy life with his wife. Then she might end up deciding that she can't ruin her own life for Behroze, who's very happy in his married life, and then try to settle a bit with Suhaib. This way their understanding will develop and they will accept their relationship. Thoda comfort level ayega πŸ˜† Phir Wali ki entry hoyegi dunya mein XD

I can't even imagine Wali-Farah without age difference. There HAS to be at least 3 years ka age difference b/w Wali and Farah man! The story is so dependent upon the age difference! At the time of nikkah, Farah is an immature girl of 18 while Wali is 22. This sets the base for the future events. And if both of them are shown 18 at the time of nikkah, then it will just ruin the essence of their relationship. The age difference played a great part in the traits of Wali and Farah and without those traits the characters are not the same! 😳

Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
To begin with, can I just say how amazingly well Ali Rehman Khan plays Suhaib. I love the small nuances he brings to the role like the slight tinge of accent. I heard him speak in the first episode and was absolutely bowled over. Then his interaction with Laila in yesterday's episode was so heartrendingly poignant. He appears to have aged overnight. The shawl around his shoulder, the small smile he somehow manages to put on and then swallows like acid. His face contorting was just sheer brilliance.

I love the dynamics between Arjumand and Suhaib. She is truly herself with him. Maybe because she always saw him as a devar and more as a friend. She doesn't have the same restrictions when it comes to him as she does with the elders or Behroze. The fact that she was so vocal and accusing to him, beseeching him refuse the marriage, wishing them both dead before it happens was another testament to that. She shows her real emotions and feelings as well as speaks her mind to him.

Then there is Aga Jaan who is a formidable force in his own right. I am curious as to how he views his sons now. He has very clear views about what a man and a woman should do, feel, speak and act like. I wonder now in the light of everything that has happened - does he see Suhaib as more of a man since he gave up on his feelings for Laila and followed Aga Jaan's orders to marry Arjumand for the sake of his family and honour even when he is clearly the more sensitive one. As compared to Behroze who could be viewed as a coward for turning back on his promise, on Aga Jaan's order and honour for the sake of his love, his feelings? A man whose heart rules over his honour?

Just a curious thought. What do you all think?

Also, I have not read the book but know the basic story outline so I don't mind spoilers. :)
Edited by Couch_Potato - 9 years ago
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Then you're going to have a great time. We've already completed 1 AT in two weeks. The endless discussions we have range from being serious to lame and creepy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Do share your thought about the performances and the episodes that have aired so far 😳

Can't wait to join in! I did read some of the discussions on Wali's endangered existence etc. πŸ˜†

I'll chip in as and when things come to mind. I have so much talk about in just three epis and Wali and Farah ka toh naam-o-nishaan tak nahi hai abhi tak!
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wow this At is fast
welcome couch potato 😊
Couch_Potato thumbnail

EEPS, the 'khaandaani ana' is finally in the show πŸ˜†

The scene before Suhaib's nikkah where Agha Jaan refuses to accept that he's not fine. He's not ready to accept that he is indeed upset because he is longing for his son who went against him and actually left.

I don't hate Agha Jaan but he is sort of weird. Firstly, his decision is like a torture for Arjumand and he was like, 'Meri beti ko achay se taey'yaar karna, koi kami nahi rehni chahiye' πŸ˜† Dude, this day's gonna ruin the life for the poor girl and you want her to be decked up with jewels and bridal outfit. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

See Agha Jaan in my opinion was completely in character. The way he almost fell when he stood up, realising it's been an hour past and there's no sign of his rebellious son got me thinking. When he asked them to deck Arjumand up, he was still hoping against hope in his heart that Behroze would come back. Also, even if he didn't, even if Arjumand had to marry Suhaib, he wants it to be done in all the shaan and shauqat of a proper wedding to keep up pretense. To convince himself as well as the others that this was the right thing to do, the honorable thing.

In his head there is no right or wrong. There is just the family honour and what can be done to protect it. The happiness and will of a few people against the overall khandan ki izzat don't matter.

It almost seemed as if he is refusing to even consider the possibility that this might be a horrible decision for Suhaib-Arjumand. He doesn't want to look at their feelings and emotions cuz that would make him doubt his decision - which in the light of things and in his head he feels is the right one. He doesnt want them to weaken his resolve. And he expects his brother to recognise this and play pretense along with him. When he doesn't, he is miffed and upset. Then lets out what he hopes for the future, wishing it to be true. It seemed like he was consoling his own self, convincing himself just as much as he was his brother.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: addictedlove

wow this At is fast

welcome couch potato 😊

Thank you! Please call me Kashish or Kash. :)
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Here I go with my take on the very essential issue of Wali's entry into the world🀣

Of course, Wali's going to be Suhaib and Arjumand's baby... I'm sure πŸ˜† Slowly and gradually they will develop understanding with each other, even if they don't fall in love. Plus, they showed in the next episode that Behroze-Roohi will come to the haveli. I feel like when Behroze is gonna fight for Roohi with his Agha Jaan and all, Arjumand will realise that Behroze usko chor ke shaadi kar chuka hai and now he's leading a happy life with his wife. Then she might end up deciding that she can't ruin her own life for Behroze, who's very happy in his married life, and then try to settle a bit with Suhaib. This way their understanding will develop and they will accept their relationship. Thoda comfort level ayega πŸ˜† Phir Wali ki entry hoyegi dunya mein XD

I can't even imagine Wali-Farah without age difference. There HAS to be at least 3 years ka age difference b/w Wali and Farah man! The story is so dependent upon the age difference! At the time of nikkah, Farah is an immature girl of 18 while Wali is 22. This sets the base for the future events. And if both of them are shown 18 at the time of nikkah, then it will just ruin the essence of their relationship. The age difference played a great part in the traits of Wali and Farah and without those traits the characters are not the same! 😳

Uff! Itna tension Wali ko le kar. πŸ˜†

I think Wali will be older than Farah, no doubt about it. Simply because the book is a very popular one and Wali is an extremely loved character. Woh itna crucial character alter nahi kar sakte. Tabahi aa jayegi!

Plus if age difference and maturity levels play a key role then they can't afford to mess with that.

Toh ab aata hai sawaal kaise? For as far as I can see, it has to do with Behroze-Roohi. They are just starting off. They have nothing to call their own. I doubt they would want to add more to the plate with a baby on the way. On the other hand, Arjumand and Suhaib do have an understanding. Once their anger ebbs away, I wish they realise how similar they are as people and samjhote ki hi sahi, they are married. Somehow I really want those two to fall in love with each other. Chahe jitna time lage. I want Wali to be a love child not a baby to bring parents closer wala child. That will play a huge role on how he interacts with those around him.

Waise mujhe Wali ke baare mein detail mein nahi pata but I'm just saying. πŸ˜†
Popo. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

See Agha Jaan in my opinion was completely in character. The way he almost fell when he stood up, realising it's been an hour past and there's no sign of his rebellious son got me thinking. When he asked them to deck Arjumand up, he was still hoping against hope in his heart that Behroze would come back. Also, even if he didn't, even if Arjumand had to marry Suhaib, he wants it to be done in all the shaan and shauqat of a proper wedding to keep up pretense. To convince himself as well as the others that this was the right thing to do, the honorable thing.

In his head there is no right or wrong. There is just the family honour and what can be done to protect it. The happiness and will of a few people against the overall khandan ki izzat don't matter.

It almost seemed as if he is refusing to even consider the possibility that this might be a horrible decision for Suhaib-Arjumand. He doesn't want to look at their feelings and emotions cuz that would make him doubt his decision - which in the light of things and in his head he feels is the right one. He doesnt want them to weaken his resolve. And he expects his brother to recognise this and play pretense along with him. When he doesn't, he is miffed and upset. Then lets out what he hopes for the future, wishing it to be true. It seemed like he was consoling his own self, convincing himself just as much as he was his brother.

well said, this is the best thing abt this story u'll feel for all the characters, all their actions are justified in their own way
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Thank you! Please call me Kashish or Kash. :)</font>

This is jiya
Ok kash πŸ˜ƒ