Actors in need of a makeover (article)

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
article source http://reviewit.pk/actors-in-desperate-need-of-a-makeover/
written by Kanwal Murtaza
the lines in bold made me lol

Actors in desperate need of a makeover

An earlier discussion led me to thinking- why do most actors have the same signature look irrespective of the roles they are playing? Also, why are the playing the same kinds of roles???

So, here's another list *drumroll*:

1. Ahsan Khan- hands down, this guy owns a handful of checked shirts and maybe three pairs of jeans! Oh and a couple of plain kurta shalwars. He looks the same everywhere!

2. Ayeza Khan- Same hairstyle, same make-up, whether she's playing the role of a vamp or a halaat ki maari' bechaari!

3. Junaid Khan- He.Can't.Act! He rushes through his dialogues in an almost forced manner and I'm getting sick of his monotonous roles. He's forever the unfaithful spouse!

4. Ayesha Khan- She comes across as trying too hard to prove she's different! Her make-up is loud and overdone. Her look remains unchanged despite the roles she's playing.

5. Meekal Zulfiqar- Where do I begin? Meekal is a good looking guy but he needs some serious acting lessons. He sings his dialogues! I know there's not much men can do with their looks, but he seems to be carrying the same style everywhere!

6. Sohai Ali Abro- She's perpetually frowning and that's become her signature look! Same hairstyle, same make-up. And similar roles!

7. Maya Ali- I liked her initially in her brief role in Durr-e-Shehwar. But lately, she's taking up the same sort of tomboyish roles. She looks the same in every serial.

8. Saba Qamar- she's a fine actress but she needs to change her look. A new hairstyle maybe? It would be a refreshing change!

9. Marwa Hussain- She has taken up negative roles that she's done well in. Who picks her clothes? Marwa wears these silken pants that just look awful. She's been wearing the same types of clothes in all her serials. Strange, considering her fellow actresses are wayyy better dressed than her!

10. Momal Sheikh- It's disappointing that both Javed Sheikh's children have turned out to be awful actors. Momal needs a serious make-over!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I would probably disagree with most of these. 🤔
pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

#EmAar (Radd)

Kon hai industry main jisse makeover nahi chahiye iss pe article hona chahiye tha... kyuki iss article se tu lagta hai everyone need makeover 😆
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Was the writer merely naming people and pointing out what needs to be done to them according to their personal choice or what? She named almost all celebs that we see a lot on screen these days and criticized each one 🤔
ajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with monal and Ayesha they need a major make over
And Mohib!
Sanam Baloch
Sanam Saeed

Is Momal Sheikh Javed SSheikhs daughter??
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Usman.

article source http://reviewit.pk/actors-in-desperate-need-of-a-makeover/
written by Kanwal Murtaza
the lines in bold made me lol

Actors in desperate need of a makeover

An earlier discussion led me to thinking- why do most actors have the same signature look irrespective of the roles they are playing? Also, why are the playing the same kinds of roles???

So, here's another list *drumroll*:

1. Ahsan Khan- hands down, this guy owns a handful of checked shirts and maybe three pairs of jeans! Oh and a couple of plain kurta shalwars. He looks the same everywhere! I have only seen him wearing obnoxious clothes in MKPYH other than that he dresses good.. and looks so good so sushh writer..

2. Ayeza Khan- Same hairstyle, same make-up, whether she's playing the role of a vamp or a halaat ki maari' bechaari! I agree.. I just don't like this girl.. too bland

3. Junaid Khan- He.Can't.Act! He rushes through his dialogues in an almost forced manner and I'm getting sick of his monotonous roles. He's forever the unfaithful spouse! He's bad.. pretty bad.. why does he act?

4. Ayesha Khan- She comes across as trying too hard to prove she's different! Her make-up is loud and overdone. Her look remains unchanged despite the roles she's playing. I just don't like her fake accent..😳

5. Meekal Zulfiqar- Where do I begin? Meekal is a good looking guy but he needs some serious acting lessons. He sings his dialogues! I know there's not much men can do with their looks, but he seems to be carrying the same style everywhere! I agree he does sing his dialogues.. he goes in on flow.. hahaha I noticed that in MKPYH too

6. Sohai Ali Abro- She's perpetually frowning and that's become her signature look! Same hairstyle, same make-up. And similar roles! she looks pretty but can't act

7. Maya Ali- I liked her initially in her brief role in Durr-e-Shehwar. But lately, she's taking up the same sort of tomboyish roles. She looks the same in every serial. Aweee nooo she's too cute

8. Saba Qamar- she's a fine actress but she needs to change her look. A new hairstyle maybe? It would be a refreshing change! What? she's so good..

9. Marwa Hussain- She has taken up negative roles that she's done well in. Who picks her clothes? Marwa wears these silken pants that just look awful. She's been wearing the same types of clothes in all her serials. Strange, considering her fellow actresses are wayyy better dressed than her! Ohohooo two sisters I can't stand.. Maybe I can stand Urwa but Mawra I can't stand for some odd reason.. i change the channel when she comes on

10. Momal Sheikh- It's disappointing that both Javed Sheikh's children have turned out to be awful actors. Momal needs a serious make-over! Bahahaha true.. both his kids are non actors.. Momal looks good sometimes but I don't like her because of her off screen antics..

Word Count: 1

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If anyone wants to see Saba Qamar in various looks, watch Hum Sab Umeed Se Hain...plain and simple. Every skit requires her to have a different getup.
You can stand Urwa but not Mawra?! Well thats a new one 🤣
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

You can stand Urwa but not Mawra?! Well thats a new one 🤣

For me, it's the other way around.
In fact, ab to Hira ki waja se I've started somewhat liking Mawra too (minus her voice) 😆