Underrated\overrated actors (article)

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Article source http://reviewit.pk/overrated-underrated-the-never-ending-conundrum/
My comments regarding the actors in Bold
written by Kanwal Murtaza

Actors in desperate need of a makeover

My OCD goes off the charts at times so I find making lists very cathartic. Plus, I like lists- in fact, I like them so much I like making lists of lists!

Here's a list of some of the most overrated and underrated actors in recent times. (P.S. I'm not very good with remembering names but I more or less remember the character they played!)

Underrated:

1. Shahood Alvi- I saw him in a couple of serials recently and I think he's a pretty fine actor. Somehow, whenever we mention some of our top actors, his name never makes the cut. So he's definitely on my list!

2. Hamza Abbasi- This guy is awesome! He's a complete package! I think he's a great actor and I wish he was offered more projects to work on. I dint like his acting one bit in MDKZM other than that i have not seen his work, so cant say.

3. Alishba Yusuf- Although I haven't seen too many serials, the little I've seen her in was enough for me to rate her highly. Need i say anything 😆😆

4. Mohib Mirza- Mohib is a brilliant actor. I would love to see more of him.

5. Maaria Wasti- I think Maaria is extremely talented but somehow she never gets offered mainstream roles. Maybe she needs a good project that will help showcase her talents. for me, she is one of the most boring actress.. I would have Adeel Hussain name listed her in place of Maria.

Overrated:

1. Fawad Khan- Personally, I like him a LOT! A whole LOT! He's extremely good looking, and a good actor. But I disagree when people list him as the "best thing to ever happen to our drama industry"! Fawad was in his element in Humsafar and to a certain extent in Zindagi Gulzar Hai but he disappointed in Ashk, Kuch Pyaar Ka Pagalpan, Numm...I kinda agree

2. Ayesha Khan- I find her very annoying. I don't think her acting skills are something to boast about. She's good at times, but more often than that, she overacts. highly disagree, i think she is worth the recognition/hype she gets as an actress

3. Sania Saeed- She's good in some of the roles she plays but I don't think she deserves to be listed at the top.

4. Rubina Ashraf- I'm so bored of her being in every other drama taking painfully deep breaths while talking. completely agree, her look is same & her acting too

5. Mahnoor Baloch- She's a train-wreck! Lady needs to quit- NOW!

Edited by Usman. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heeba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Most Liked (May 2023) 1 Thumbnail + 4
I personally dont think Fawad Khan is overratted.. He is a very good actor, far better than many in the industry. And in my opinion, he has always potrayed his charaters well.. And i have seen him evolve as actor :)
Also i beleive Fawad needs a good script to showcase his talent...cause he trully is talented <3
DANGGG thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
the only think i disagree about is mahnoor balooch, i mean she might be one of the best thing that happened to pak tv. no body can tell she is in her late 40s
ajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
fawad and Ayesha are way over rated
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Honestly, seems like this person doesn't watch many shows and is just thinking of names off the top of her head.
My thoughts on the actors above.

1. Shahood Alvi- he's probably the only one who's underrated on this list.

2. Hamza Abbasi- He hasn't done much work on television. On what basis is he underrated? Before Waar, many had no clue who Hamza even was.

3. Alishba Yusuf- She has potential but she's neither great nor bad. She needs to work more to get recognized more. She does like 1 show in 2 yrs.

4. Mohib Mirza- Mohib is SOOO monotonous and by no means underrated. Mohib initially started off as a side actor. He used to always be the supporting actor in almost every show. Lately this guy has been getting so many leading roles..YET he can't seem to carry any of his shows as the leading actor. In fact he makes his coactors look annoying too as the lead. Mohib is better off playing supporting roles. As I said, this girl kinda doesn't know what she's talking about and the fact that she says she can't even recall names says a lot.

. Maaria Wasti- Maria Wasti is NOT underrated at all. I've grown up watching Maria. She had her peak at one point and was touted as one of the best actresses around. She's around 40 something..what should she be offered? characters that the likes of the younger actresses are playing? She gets roles that suit her age..and honestly she's one of the few older actresses that's actually STILL getting work..that's more than enough.

1. Fawad Khan- Fawad Khan is typecasted more than anything else. Some of Fawad's best performances are from his not so popular shows. It sucks to know that such a brilliant and effortless actor is more or less known by "Asher Hussain from Humsafar." Fawad is immensely talented but there's a group of fans that this guy has which can't see past his lovey dovey perfomances. I at times feel Fawad's worst enemies are some o fhis own fans that have typecasted him. More than anything, it's Humsafar that keeps overshadowing Fawad the actor. I hope he gets passed that show because as a Fawad fan I wanna pull my hair out when people mention Fawad & then Humsafar. He has far better performances, people just choose not to acknowledge them. So, no he's not overrated..he's actually a great actor who needs to break out of the typecasting he's in..which is pretty hard now.

2. Ayesha Khan- I find Ayesha annoying..but she's a really good actress. She overacts at times, but she's so much better than many others. She can act, so I don't think she's overrated at all.

3. Sania Saeed- Sania's a brilliant actress..what's the last show of hers that people even remember? She's getting mediocre scripts when compared to someone like Sawera Nadeem.

4. Rubina Ashraf- Rubina is a great actress but she's kind of boring...some of her contemporaries are far more overrated than this lady.

5. Mahnoor Baloch- She's indeed overrated in beauty and acting. She needs to retire.

----------------------

Now, in my opinion:

Underrated:

- Danish Taimoor

- Adeel Hussain

- Shamim Hilali

- Sumbal Iqbal

- Nousheen Shah

- Fahad Mustafa (he's way too good of an actor..needs way more recognition)

- Mansha Pasha

- Imran Aslam

- Faisal Rehman

- Sami Khan

- Faiza Hassan

- Sonia Rehman

Overrated:

- Mahira Khan

- Sawera Nadeem

- Noman Ejaz ( this guy gets way too many projects when compared to his contemporaries..he's great but so are many others)

- Bushra Ansari

- Javed Sheikh

- Humayun Saeed was very overrated during his prime

- Mahnoor Baloch (just had to mention her again)

I agree with the overrated list!
Rubina Ashraf is a great actress but her dialogue delivery is annoying...she speaks in slow motion with breaks in between :S
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Usman.

My OCD goes off the charts at times so I find making lists very cathartic. Plus, I like lists- in fact, I like them so much I like making lists of lists!

Here's a list of some of the most overrated and underrated actors in recent times. (P.S. I'm not very good with remembering names but I more or less remember the character they played!)

Underrated:

1. Shahood Alvi- I saw him in a couple of serials recently and I think he's a pretty fine actor. Somehow, whenever we mention some of our top actors, his name never makes the cut. So he's definitely on my list! I knoww this guy acts so so good..

2. Hamza Abbasi- This guy is awesome! He's a complete package! I think he's a great actor and I wish he was offered more projects to work on. Who is he?

3. Alishba Yusuf- Although I haven't seen too many serials, the little I've seen her in was enough for me to rate her highly. GRR GRR She's a bad actress.. she should stay home

4. Mohib Mirza- Mohib is a brilliant actor. I would love to see more of him. Say Whaaat? LOL.. with those long locks for now I can't stand Mohib..

5. Maaria Wasti- I think Maaria is extremely talented but somehow she never gets offered mainstream roles. Maybe she needs a good project that will help showcase her talents. She's like meehh don't care types

Overrated:

1. Fawad Khan- Personally, I like him a LOT! A whole LOT! He's extremely good looking, and a good actor. But I disagree when people list him as the "best thing to ever happen to our drama industry"! Fawad was in his element in Humsafar and to a certain extent in Zindagi Gulzar Hai but he disappointed in Ashk, Kuch Pyaar Ka Pagalpan, Numm... I watch Numm just because I wanna see what will happen in the end.. but Fawad has one expression throughout the serial from 3 thats when I started watching it.. I'm sure he's a good actor but he definitely is overrated..

2. Ayesha Khan- I find her very annoying. I don't think her acting skills are something to boast about. She's good at times, but more often than that, she overacts. She kinda is Overrated but she's not a bad actress

3. Sania Saeed- She's good in some of the roles she plays but I don't think she deserves to be listed at the top. Merrr schmurrr..

4. Rubina Ashraf- I'm so bored of her being in every other drama taking painfully deep breaths while talking. Merrr schmurrr

5. Mahnoor Baloch- She's a train-wreck! Lady needs to quit- NOW! She needs to rest.. poor lady has been working from the age of 16 now she should rest.. I'm her well wisher 😆

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I'm more interested in your list then the original one..

----------------------

Now, in my opinion:

Underrated:

- Danish Taimoor I don't know why he puts me off.. I don't watch his shows..LOL

- Adeel Hussain NAHIII... I think he's overrated.. 😆

- Shamim Hilali

- Sumbal Iqbal SS tum aise kyun keh rahi ho puhleaseee

- Nousheen Shah

- Fahad Mustafa (he's way too good of an actor..needs way more recognition) ⭐️

- Mansha Pasha Who?

- Imran Aslam Who?

- Faisal Rehman So true.. he's a beautiful actor..

- Sami Khan Overrated no?

- Faiza Hassan Who?

- Sonia Rehman I miss her on screen

Overrated:

- Mahira Khan So so true

- Sawera Nadeem she hardly comes?? Or maybe I hardly watch any shows..

- Noman Ejaz ( this guy gets way too many projects when compared to his contemporaries..he's great but so are many others) It's just his luck.. LOL

- Bushra Ansari

- Javed Sheikh

- Humayun Saeed was very overrated during his prime

- Mahnoor Baloch (just had to mention her again)

Edited by -MakhanMalaai- - 10 years ago
Mansha is Kashafs sister from ZGH
Faiza is the girl from Ghao I think?
Imran is the guy playing Sanams step brother in Kadurat :)

Oh and Maheen Rizvi is also underrated!
Apparently, Mohib got a haircut 😆
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: --Iqra--

Imran Aslam..Sikander...😳

I read that on Star's list and immediately thought of you..🤣

So, Shahood Alvi- yep, way underrated. I like him. A lot.
Hamza- Star is right. I found out today itself that he's the same guy who was in Mere Dard Ko Zubaan Miley. I mean, who noticed him there? So heam's NOT underrated. He hasn't done much to be rated at all 😕

Wanna know who is really underrated?
Fahad.
Sami.
Azfar.
Mansha.
That girl who was Kashaf's friend in ZGH (Maria or something)?
Danish.
Humayun Ashraf.

PS- Maria Wasti is NOT underrated. I really liked her at one point. She's just in the age group now to not be offered a character that's too prominent or lead role types. She's had her fair share of glam and all.

Edited by OnlyHope - 10 years ago