sadffi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Well acc to me thread shuld be like,
Something in intro
Then Men attire
Then Women
Then division acc. to Provinces..
And in the last post we can pick 2 dresses and then describe how to wear them?
Suggest some more ideas?
618043 thumbnail
Thank God. πŸ˜† Can anyone explain me what is kamdani and gota? πŸ˜› I understood everything except these two types! πŸ˜†
Posting my part in some time! πŸ˜ƒ
sadffi thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Alina.

Thank God. πŸ˜† Can anyone explain me what is kamdani and gota? πŸ˜› I understood everything except these two types! πŸ˜†

Posting my part in some time! πŸ˜ƒ

Gota is like a lace or a decorative element added to female clothes to increase their beauty, n kamdani, we say it mukesh ka kaam in our native language, it is done on cloth with a special silver or golden wire type material and it is also for decorating purposes, hope it helped😳
618043 thumbnail
2 & 6

The most favorite dressing among Pakistani women is shalwar kameez which is worn in different styles, colors and designs especially the front part of kameez is decorated with different styles and designs of embroidery. It is worn with different sleeve length, shirt length, necklines and different types of shalwars like patiala salwar, churidar pajama and simple trouser. Kurta is also worn by women in latest designs. Dupatta is an essential part of shalwar kameez and considered a symbol of woman's respect.It is used with different embroidery designs of Kamdani and Gota.

Farshi Pajama is a woman's dress that was worn between late 17th and early 20th centuries in Muslim courts by royalty and ladies from privileged classes. The complete outfit consists of three basic parts - The Kurta, the dupatta which is an essential piece of cloth in Pakistan wear covering the head and bossom, and the third and most important, the farshi pajama, which is a flowing two legged skirt held by drawstrings.The farshi pajama is often called Farshi Gharara. The confusion is said to be because of the Farshi Pajama's similarity with the Gharara.

Credit for the Info goes to Google Ji and same goes with the Pictures. πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Sherwani

Ah, the Sherwani! This lined, coat like garment is usually made of heavy fabrics. It is part of Pakistan's national dress and was nationally associated with the Muslim aristocracy in history. Like the Urdu language, it also became a symbol of Muslim nobility. It is worn over the Kurta and Churidar, Khara pajama, or shalwar. It has become almost customary for grooms to wear a sherwani on their wedding almost always accompanied by a turban. Wedding sherwanis usually tend to have more embroidered collars and cuffs.

Pishwas

The Pishwas, also known as "frock type" is greatly similar with Anarkali Suits; both, are long and flowy. The difference being they are loosely fitted, longer, usually full sleeved, more "tunic" type and the pleats are either placed much higher or much lower. They are worn with churidar pajama, shalwar or trousers. Modern influences have incorporated the shalwar kameez, high lows, and capri's to alter the Pishwas. Worn on all occasions, wedding rasms, Eid as well as home wear it's a traditional favourite.

Hijab

The hijab is a veil that covers the head and chest, which is worn by Muslim females beyond the age of puberty in the presence of males. In Pakistan the Duppata is usually used as a hijab. Or a shawl is wrapped to cover the head.

Edited by --Iqra-- - 11 years ago
618043 thumbnail
Umm.. lemme know if need edits. 😳
--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Okay, so the picture of a hijab I found isn't posting but, here the link. https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3FvU8joylxhljXq_eEWXSqO8yqbFA_OWn2m-tjkZ5fkBZEQH748S2OVNi
sadffi thumbnail
Really very nice Alina and IqraπŸ‘
Iqra have u seen the post plan i have posted on prev page?
618043 thumbnail
@Iqra: The pic is very Nice. πŸ˜ƒ
@Sadaf: Thanks! πŸ€—
Edited by -Alina. - 11 years ago