Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
All division done then?

Have ALL the research done by Monday and write-ups should be finished by Tuesday, IST.

Wednesday will be all about getting the thread together.

No one is not going to do work on the above mentioned deadline, because yes, I'm going to be strict about it this time.
--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DeviatedTesoro.

All division done then?

Have ALL the research done by Monday and write-ups should be finished by Tuesday, IST.

Wednesday will be all about getting the thread together.

No one is not going to do work on the above mentioned deadline, because yes, I'm going to be strict about it this time.

Thank you Saraa, <3 and yes division done! Do you have any suggestions for the theme? 😳
illuminated. thumbnail
We can think about that later, I guess? Once we have all our write-ups and basic research done, we can focus on the graphics, theme and other creative ideas to add.
sadffi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Anyone?😳
Mine is 1 n 7, OK
618043 thumbnail
I will post my write-ups by tonight hopefully. :-)
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Saraa, what if I try to not follow your rules? 😎
illuminated. thumbnail
^When you TRY and not follow my rules..then I will TRY and be nice to you.
Edited by DeviatedTesoro. - 11 years ago
illuminated. thumbnail
^Horahi hoon. Gotta write an article! 😳
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
[I feel lehenga choli is more of an India attire as compared to Pakistani..so let's skip it?] What we call a "lehenga" is actually the "sharara" unless I have it wrong?

Gharara is a traditional Pakistani dress, which consists of kurti, dupatta and wide-legged stylish pants, that reaches the knee, and then they flare out dramatically. Over the time ghararas have gone through various transition from traditional to contemporary ones or present a blend of both.
If we look into the history of gharara, they originated during the era of Nawab in Lucknow. Muslim women of noble families in 19th and 20th century used to wear it. Gradually gharara trend declined and was replaced by sarees and shalwar kameez.

Sharara gained recognition with the invasion of Mughals in India. It was a common attire of begums and women who belonged to the royal classes during the period of the Mughal Sultanate. Since then it has been adorned by Pakistani women and in particular, Muslim women all over the world.

sharara
Edited by OnlyHope - 11 years ago
618043 thumbnail
Right Fariha. I've never seen lehenga choli in PK so far. :P Just in Indian serials and movies.