Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koeli thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
pakistani movie history

The cinema of Pakistan refers to Pakistan's film industry. Most of the feature films shot in Pakistan are in Urdu language but may also include films in English, Punjabi, Pashto, Balochi or Sindhi languages. Pakistan's largest film industry is Lollywood.

Before the separation of Bangladesh, Pakistan had three main film production centres: Lahore, Karachi and Dhaka. Dhaka was lost after 1971. The regime of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, VCRs, film piracy, the introduction of entertainment taxes, and Islamic laws, have been some of the many obstacles to the industry's growth. Once thriving, the cinema in Pakistan now barely exists.[1]

The Pakistani film industry is credited with having produced some of the most notable and recognised filmmakers, actors, writers and directors, and for introducing pop music to South Asia and beyond.[2] Competition from Bollywood and piracy, however, have led to the industry's decline.

618043 thumbnail
I think Pakistan't Cinema got the real recognition after BOL.
Koeli thumbnail
^ ali i have no idea... iqra and jenny was supposed to give me details and pics so that i can prep the vm... but dono hi gayab hai :/
616377 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xbeyondwordsx

Yes, that's what I was thinking. We should divide the work between each other, so we know who's doing what. I don't know who Viz is :S But if she can help out with siggies, that'll be great :)

I'm Viz :D
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Iqra and Fariha, can you please report to me as soon as you're online so I can talk to you two?

Also, the Pakistanis team now has: Fariha (OnlyHope), Iqra (--Iqra--) , Alina (-Alina.) and sadffi. I'll PM this entire team in a bit as well in regards to what the next step is.

But can we have the round 4 thread done with already? So, that the other teams can also work on their own threads? We don't wanna just keep taking advantage of their thread.

Others who are here: If there is anything left that the Pakistani's were to provide, tell me. I'm online for a bit.
Koeli thumbnail
Saara i am confussed... as per my discussion with iqra... i am going to do vm for pak moive history and 6 movies are going to have siggies... can you please confirm finally what is happening? and please i need some hit movie pics of all times including the write up please..
illuminated. thumbnail
I'd say that if we have posters (I saw Bol's on the last page) then I'd say we shouldn't have VM as well. That's just too much. Let's stick to one thing because you all also have to go back to your own teams and get Round 5 done.

SO, posters it is, with a little synopsis. Sound good?

Can anyone here convert music? I was thinking we have a bit of each movies title songs mashed together into one mix and playing in the background?
Koeli thumbnail
i'll convert.. so i am not doing the VM
illuminated. thumbnail
No, there's no VM. I don't want your teams to suffer. I'm posting the stuff that is left and the ones that are done. Also, just remind me of the stuff I might have forgotten. 😃
sadffi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry dear i posted it without noticing ur post,any other task for me?