Is Sanam Jung the new favorite on the block?

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm noticing how Sanam Jung is getting pretty popular day by day. She had a hit show, Dil e Muztar (her first drama serial)..and now has bagged Umera Ahmed's show... following another show by Farhat Ishtiaq..and all on Humtv. That's quite impressive for a newcomer..and not to mention, all in a span of a few months.

Also, majority seem to be satisfied with her selection as the respective leading actress in each of these upcoming shows which are novel adaptations. A lot of people seem to like her..and I guess that's all that counts? 😆

I have a problem with Sanam Jung's dialogue delivery..but this girl emotes well for a newcomer (her stronger points as a performer)...given, she works hard I can see her doing well for herself because she seems to be getting good offers already. It's as if she's the new in demand actress?

Seems to me that she's the new favorite amongst most viewers and also Humtv. I'm sure her upcoming shows on Humtv will be slated for either a Friday spot, or a Saturday..giving it more exposure.

Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Definitely. I did not like her as a VJ but the girl as a performer has improved tremendously that she does not annoy me anymore. I would pick her over the likes of the Hocane sisters and the Yusuf sisters any day.

Dialogue delivery like you said needs work but expressions are usually on point. She is better than most newcomer males and females in fact. Another thing I like about her is the way she dresses, however, I dunno how far she will go if she continues to dress this way. Hopefully, skin show is not a criteria to move ahead in the industry.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Definitely. I did not like her as a VJ but the girl as a performer has improved tremendously that she does not annoy me anymore. I would pick her over the likes of the Hocane sisters and the Yusuf sisters any day.

Dialogue delivery like you said needs work but expressions are usually on point. She is better than most newcomer males and females in fact. Another thing I like about her is the way she dresses, however, I dunno how far she will go if she continues to dress this way. Hopefully, skin show is not a criteria to move ahead in the industry.

She was sooo annoying as a VJ..she's much more tolerable as an actress. 😆
Yeah, she dresses elegantly...which is praiseworthy. I've yet to see her show skin like most others. Oh yeah for sure..she seems better than the Yousuf sisters and the Hocane sisters. Plus, with all these promising roles/shows..I feel she's on the right track.

Also, she's not all in your face, everywhere all the time..so that's a plus too. 😆

anufawadfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have seen her for the first time in dil e muztar and i ws quite impressed by the girl.i actually strtd to like her and im really looking forward for her new shows.hope she doesnt dissapoint us and yes i agree she is way better than hocane sisters :-)
Edited by anufawadfan - 11 years ago
zainab_sushita2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

ohhh plZ she iz nt better than hocane nd yosuf sisters...she get so much attention jst bcz her frst show ws wth imran abbas...otherwise there is nothing in her...if u notice in sum epi of DM she iz luking so wierd..especially when her face powder ws light...i hate her dialogue delievery ...she became over soft ...i must say she is quite lucky to got a first tv show with imran abbas who has too much fan following...otherwise there iz nothing in hr...luk wise sooo sooo, acting jst okkk
Edited by zainab_sushita2 - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: zainab_sushita2

ohhh plZ she iz nt better than hocane nd yosuf sisters...she get so much attention jst bcz her frst show ws wth imran abbas...otherwise there is nothing in her...if u notice in sum epi of DM she iz luking so wierd..especially when her face powder ws light...i hate her dialogue delievery ...she became over soft ...i must say she is quite lucky to got a first tv show with imran abbas who has too much fan following...otherwise there iz nothing in hr...luk wise sooo sooo, acting jst okkk

I think she's better than them.

Mawra isn't a bad actress in my opinion but her choices in dramas are nothing special and pretty bad. Her sister I'm not fond of at all. And then the Yousuf sisters have disappeared and while I found Alishba decent..Syra needed a lot of improvement..actually, I think Syra's coming on a show on Geo soon though.

Many liked Sanam more than Imran in DeM...so I wouldn't say that because of Imran only the show did well. I feel Sanam has to make a lot of improvements as an actress like any other newcomer, however she's playing her cards right because she has bagged some big shows in a span of a few months. Needless to say, DeM was a hit..and then a lot of people actually liked her and surprisingly aren't upset at her being casted in these novel turned shows that are coming soon..which isn't the norm.

I think she can give Mahira Khan competition in the popularity department..😆..because currently she seems to be in demand amongst Humtv which Mahira seemed to be a yr back.

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Yes i do feel tht, ppl wth beautiful faces are always fav. Ppl and admins of paki drama on fb. are putting her in same category of Mahira, Saba, Aiza, Sajjal.
Wht annoys me abt entertainment industry is tht if u have a beautiful face u end up in the category of best actors. Evn end up getting good serials, gets highlighted in a drama.
Im so sick an tired of it.
Comparing her wth Sanam B. and Sanam S. is just 😳

Also i can see she was much loved in Dil e muzter, and yes she was not bad. But the only scene where i felt her sincerity was whn she was abt the sign divorce papers.

And Sanam Jung was SO MUCH BETTER than the girl from KAM, and im sure in the future ill like her more.

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

Yes i do feel tht, ppl wth beautiful faces are always fav. Ppl and admins of paki drama on fb. are putting her in same category of Mahira, Saba, Aiza, Sajjal.

Wht annoys me abt entertainment industry is tht if u have a beautiful face u end up in the category of best actors. Evn end up getting good serials, gets highlighted in a drama.
Im so sick an tired of it.
Comparing her wth Sanam B. and Sanam S. is just 😳

Also i can see she was much loved in Dil e muzter, and yes she was not bad. But the only scene where i felt her sincerity was whn she was abt the sign divorce papers.

And Sanam Jung was SO MUCH BETTER than the girl from KAM, and im sure in the future ill like her more.

heyyy..where have you been! 😲 nice to see you! 🤗

I honestly don't find Sanam Jung all that pretty though..she's cute in my opinion.

Her comparisons with Sanam Baloch and Sanam Saeed are more or less because of their names. Of course a few will say Sanam Jung is better than them but then there are always fans who say such baffling things with newcomers so I'm not surprised. 😆. She's definitely not in their category or in the same category as Saba...Saba surpasses almost all of today's actresses let alone Sanam Jung. I personally think her and Mahira will fight it out soon with their respective shows written by Farhat. Not to mention, at that point they'll both be three shows old more or less. I kind of find them to be in the same boat in terms of acting only Mahira's more popular at the moment. Aiza and Sajjal aren't getting the same exposure..but I think Sajjal is doing something right with her new show Nanhi.

..but yeah I totally agree with you..Pakistanis tend to rate pretty faces as best actresses especially newcomers which is ridiculous. With that said, I don't think anyone is rating Sanam Jung has the best actress in Pakistan since she's fairly new..but she seems to have a lot of fans..and then it seems like she's bagging good shows which makes me think she's becoming in demand after Dil e Muztar. I still feel she's monotonous with her dialogue delivery but I feel with the next two shows she has room to improve.

Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
Cheesy-Chants thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
for me she z the new face ov Hum tv
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshian_warrior

for me she z the new face ov Hum tv

yeah that's what it seems like. Obviously, we'll have to see how her next shows do..but Humtv has signed her for all of her upcoming shows.