Chapter 7

Arnav this time played the part of a son perfectly
From school did he call his mother regularly
Although she forgave him lovingly
Her loneliness and tears had moved him tremendously
So he was sitting in the train unexpectedly
On his way home, to pay her a visit surprisingly

Excited to see them, he had missed his family
The gardener his confidant, part of his conspiracy..
But alas, what he saw, again consumed him by jealousy
When he saw the apple of her eyes, Khushi
And everyone gathered around her ceremoniously
Laughing, joking, giving her attention unnecessarily

While she about her trip was telling them stories
Back from her maiden voyage had returned excitedly
Permission for which his mother had got successfully
To see her hugging Khushi, irritated him endlessly
He was angry as he stood in the corner dejectedly
When Shashi noticed him, standing... finally !

Ratna unable to control her tears, ran to him emotionally
And he wiping them dry, teasingly
Breaking away from her embrace momentarily
Wanted his mother's attention in privacy
But Khushi would not give in so easily
And promised to return for dinner later slyly

Once alone, his mother pampered him silly
Time uninterrupted with her was now a luxury

Dinner time he came down smiling and happy
But soon that turned to bitter fury
With the presence of annoying Khushi
In his house whom he found repeatedly
His favourite food he could nowhere see
But on the table was her favourite gobi

Once again her virtues he heard grudgingly
And for what he has, grateful he should be
A sermon from his father he heard angrily
While he in disappointment ate silently
While his mother pacified him with an apology
Even the dessert not one he ate keenly

Leaving her chattering incessantly
While everyone listened attentively
Without a greeting he slid out quietly
Had he listened to her carefully
He would have been prepared for Destiny...
Bringing us back to the situation presently

Where at dawn La had woken up a sleepy Khushi
With excitement,she had even got her bag ready
The contents Khushi looked at surprisingly
But La, justified everything convincingly
So here with clothes packed abundantly
Enough for more than two days definitely

And all the ladies present for breakfast she did see
Dramatic, chirpy at this morning hour so unearthly
Even Arnav was surprised to see them so early
He had to ask them "why ?" enquiringly
He wad told... to see them off,..naturally
A new ritual? Announced dadi gleefully
Di hovering around Khushi a bit too comfortably
Seeing her plight did make him feel some pity...

Soon on their way, with pakoras for their company
No driver, he wanted to enjoy driving leisurely
Her pained expression caught his attention immediately
Did she even want to accompany him on this journey?
Or was she with him going to Nainital forcefully
Determined to check her reason for siting so quietly,
He asked her sounding hurt and a bit hesitantly
But she was having her own emergency

Shouting for him to pull over urgently
And out came her breakfast, embarrassingly
The rest of the way, she rested comfortably
While he looked at her sleeping endearingly
Awake now, slowing him down, she felt guilty
When to eat and freshen up they broke journey

Her returning back alone he dismissed quickly
The change in him she noticed tenderly
From the time to her he said sorry
His olive branch she accepted silently
Their destination they reached eventually
A sight so magnificent exclaimed Khushi
While he looked at her admiringly

A room they had to share, he apologised profusely
The conference had left no vacancy
A suite spacious enough for more than two, evidently
Another one she thought, an expense unnecessary
And with that to dress he left her in privacy
She wanted to dress with care and appropriately
In her suit he was by her impressed easily

Her hair loose, he wanted to touch freely
Not tied up in a braid or a bun severely
Attentive and alert, she played her part perfectly
And by him impressed was she thoroughly,
Dinner she tried to evade knowingly
While he enquired about staying hungry
Did he want to be her target? She responded teasingly ...
When a change of plan he informed her of nonchalantly ...
Of postponing their return to Delhi...

Her wish to see the snow he was making a reality
A warmth filled his heart in totality
When she rewarded him a smile so appreciatively
The family received the news openmindedly
Giving them approval to stay longer if necessary
Their sleeping arrangements did cause an issue momentarily

Them thinking of the others concern primarily
Remembering again how things used to be
When at his discomfort she would laugh mockingly
A mature Khushi, was now a pleasure to see
Not the one who was earlier always bratty
A change in their relationship ...maybe?

His touch, his gaze, to her was electricity
His arms around her waist so tiny
Caused her to breath so heavily
But it was more than just anxiety...
Attraction they felt it mutually
When the guide did call her 'Bhabhi'
Mistaking Arnav to her husband be...
Embarrassing them both obviously

Now in complete privacy,
The snow adding to natures beauty
They made their way to drink some tea
When the rain it began slowly
And soon it was coming down incessantly
Help they needed urgently,
They tea stall owner offered voluntarily

While Arnav comforted a shivering Khushi
His jacket, he placed on her shoulders gingerly
Reminding her of their past and his decency
The roof of the shack now shaking vigorously
To Arnav's head causing an injury
When her arms he felt holding him tightly
Concerned and worried for him did look she
He felt no pain when she caressed him lovingly
He was mesmerised by her beauty
Feeling passion, desire with intensity
Her lips inches away...if only

The situation only worsening gravely
Leaving them not much hope or certainty
Despair started settling in slowly
Life had no guarantees
They decided to utilise this opportunity
And apologised almost simultaneously
For being each other's childhood adversary.
To make amends before destiny
And face death peacefully
Admitting to each other their jealousy !

A shocked Arnav looked on disbelievingly
Did he really hear correctly
Khushi who by everyone was pampered silly
Had admitted of him feeling envy?
Zehra please relieve us of our curiosity
For we know all loved her universally !
Tell us what is this mystery ?

P.S...Loved the photographs and the outfits...
Edited by vandana.sagar - 11 years ago
aashi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
res!

@vandana.sagar : the poem said it all, i've tried my hand at those, and i know how difficult is to pt word to each emtion and you've done it brilliantly, with exquisite use to of your vocab!

-edited-

the best way i could have written about this chp, was in a poem. But Vandana di already does it so well.. That i thought against it!

This Update was about bringing lights at the changes Arnav and Khushi have undergone since past few years..

In past, as kids both of them had numerous fights, but this time on this trip, they have anything but that! They have been mature, accomodating, gentle and accepting towards each other!

With the ignition of the attraction buring up high and rain adding to fuel to their desires, they are seeing each other in new light!

Even with the hacvoc of nature around them : jaane kyun dil jaanta hai , tu hai to i'll be alright!

The funny thing, both of them remember such details about each other. Which although they made fun-of before, but this time its such details bringing them close, bridging the distance..

With sky turning dark, and night too cold..
I have a few things for you, i never told..

With havoc around , i can't stop thinking of those mistakes..
I have to tell you today, watevr though it takes..

For i never said it this way..
That its just a 'sorry' i had to say..

Those times i hurt you and made fun of you..

Now i tell you, 'i was jealous of you'
Edited by aashi12 - 11 years ago
nishu_shorna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Another flashback...Arnav came to surprise his mom,and found her mom pampering his enemy...bechara chhote...
So Khushi can eat everything and anything including his brains...she will soon eat his heart too...
I am just loving Khushi-La friendship...
"They happen to get overboard sometimes"...really???sometimes????its ALL THE TIME,Arnav...
Awwee...poor Khushi...got sick while journey...then slept...achha first drive tha dono ki...
WOW...they are sharing the suite...I fall in love with the hotel...
Khushi in western formal...wow...impressed toh Arnav ko hona hi tha...
"Don't you want to see the snow"...wow he remembered after so many years...and she too remembered about his neck sprain...
then their sight seeing...his lifting her...not removing his hand...wow wow...
Bhabhi ji and Saabji...sounds so perfect...
they are alone,trapped in rain...and taking care of each other...too beautiful...
And finally they apologized to each other...and admitted of being jealous...cant wait to know why she was jealous...
loved it so much...continue soon...

par sorry kyun????

@ vandana.sagar And I fall in love with ur poem deeply...

Edited by nishu_shorna - 11 years ago
mints23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
R 😊

Edited:
What a lovely and long update Zehra!! Your updates are so long and so much happens in just one update that I have to read it twice to revel in the story... Take a bow, to brilliant concept, beautiful writing and amazing characterization!! πŸ‘

The complete flashback story was so beautifully penned... My heart goes out to this little Arnav who has to share his mothers love with Khushi... I understand his bitterness and jealousy towards her... And despite that he remembers all those incidents of their past very clearly... About the fact that how much she enjoys the snow... The poor lad has to be compared with Khushi time and again, about her mannerisms, her eating habits and what not! I wish Ratna realized that he is a small boy too... I would feel terrible if I was in his situation... πŸ˜•

It was so lovely to see the whole family assembled early to see Arnav and Khushi off!! What a scheming family this is... poor Arnav does not know who he is dealing with... and then they stuff Khushi before she sits in the car... Loved how Arnav thinks that she does not want to go with him looking at her pained face. Little did he know that she felt sick and wanted to throw up! πŸ˜†

I am falling in love with this Arnav... loved how he took care of her... letting her rest through the journey... and Khushi on the other hand felt guilty for slowing his journey... Loved how you have described Khushi's reaction to the Naini resort... And then their cute conversation about the room... At the beginning of this story Arnav did not want Khushi in his house and now they are ready to share a room!! Look how far we have come... 😳

So both got busy with work and managed to concentrate on it... Glad to see that Arnav extended their stay just because Khushi wanted to see the snow... He does care for her... and now things are going to get better!! Loved their small banter about sleeping... throughout their today, their past has been following them... Both have been equally affected by the other since childhood and they remember each and everything about the other... 😊

It was sweet of Arnav to take Khushi to the temple knowing how much she believes in God in spite of him not believing... And finally the arrive at the magical Naini Peak... Loved their comfortable conversation at the peak about the beauty of the landscape which was nicely foiled by the guide... And then it starts poring, thundering... leaving the two love birds stranded on the peak... ☺️

Ahhh!! That scene, where Khushi rubs Arnav's head... Barun you so kill me man!! By just being their in every frame of IPK!!! And then both of them thinking that they may not be able to get a chance to say their innermost feelings ever again, with the weather conditions going from bad to worst... they apologize... and then both of them say at the same time that they were jealous?? Now I wonder what was Khushi Kumari Gupta... the apple of everyone's eye, jealous of?? 😲

Read so much!! But can't stop my heart from wanting more!!
Update soon Zehra!! 😊

Edited by mints23 - 11 years ago
chetna19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
res
vadu dii ur poem ws just fabulous...like always...😳
Edited by chetna19 - 11 years ago
arshifan91 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Res 😊

Unres - First very sorry for the late unres 😭 I thought i had updated my comment

Over to the update now :

A lovely update with lot of nok-jhoks, romance with a beautiful backdrop 😊

The flashback was beautifully penned . Little Arnav wishing to surprise his mom so as to see the happy glow in her face and the happiness she receives once she sees him. But sadly fate has a different story in mind πŸ˜” I feel sad for the poor Arnav who needs to share his mom with a stranger and his arch nemesis and cannot revel in his mom's warmth and love fully and was not even able to voice out his insecurities and unhappiness towards it .

So Khushi was a protected child with her parents restraining her from travelling. Is this in any way connected to the reason for their shifting to Lucknow from Bhopal ??😲

My heart went for the poor Arnav who was not even given something of his favourite food to eat but was thrusted with a dish he despise eating 😭 which was eventually liked by his bug and added to it given a lecture to behave and eat without making a fuss just before his enemy. His longing to be with his mother and her ignoring him and talking to Khushi without even bidding him good night were very heart moving moments.This is too much for a boy who has sacrificed his time and cared only for his mom's happiness.

Coming to the present , the whole family stuffing anything and everything in her mouth without even allowing her to speak anything was quite like the crazy family of the show !! His enjoyment at her state also makes me smirk along with him !!

His concern when she puked and seeing the dark circles under her eyes, his caring towards her, his smile at her open mouth, his teasing when she asked as to why he didnt wake her up were really cute moments.

So now they have reduced the barriers between them and started to care and try to be civil with each other . Nice improvement 😊

Arnav started his drooling in the formal attire but was miffed with her hair in a bun. I am also finding it difficult to visualise her in that way !😳

Even after their numerous fights in the past , he still remembers her yearning to see the snow and be a part of it just to see a smile adorning her face and his crazy family were lending their support by asking them to stay as long as they want.

So romance started blooming in the hill station with the help of a horse and the blessings of Lord Varuna (the god of rain)πŸ˜†. The fancy dress competition scene has been beautifully recreated .

I have never been to Nainital and u have acted as a good tourist guide for me through your writings πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

So there is more to the past which is a bit bitter and scary ??😲 Both apologising at the same time !! At the end of the update , i too have the same doubt as to why KKG should be jealous of ASR !!Is it due to the big family he has and his freedom in exploring different places ??

I hope i will get the answers for my questions in the next update. Now off to read the next update.

Lavanyaji - Thanks for the gifs . But i am a bit uoset with you as i expected some more images and gifs. Is that because u weren't feeling well or did Zehra scold u ??😑

Vandanaji - What can i say about your poem ?? Simply beautiful and perrrfect just like Madhuriji says !!πŸ˜›πŸ‘

Edited by arshifan91 - 11 years ago
saavan_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
OMG! you are updating! I was about to make a post reminding you its been 4 days :D
kondhili thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res

@Vandy - Ab mai kya bolon...πŸ‘

*Edited*
Zehra i wish i could encapsulate everything that you write the way Vandy does but unfortunately i am not that good with words.

Looks like this shatir dimaag is clueless to the planning ways of his family. Love the way Arnav is slowly slowly changing opinion about khushi and even though he doesn't want to he cant help but get pulled in and attracted to Khushi. Loved the little ways he looked after khushi's wellbeing.
And finally these two talk about the basis of the foundation of dislike that exists between them. Hoping that they will work through their misunderstanding and form a everlasting hamesha wala bond.

Great update Zehra, can't wait to read the next chapter and thanks for the mail.
Edited by kondhili - 11 years ago
nazca thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kondhili

Res

@Vandy - Ab mai kya bolon...πŸ‘

Res

Liza, I am bugging Vandhana to make her poem Index. She is not listening.😭

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I unresed for chapter 5 (finally!) here.

Res for chapter 6 & 7 :)

~Edit~

For Chapter 6:

I see Arnav's attraction towards Khushi is growing slowly but surely. And he isn't too afraid of it! He is being so caring and lovely yet quintessentially ASR.. I like him!

About the childhood.. I fully sympathise with Arnav. The woman never gave him any respite! And I love the little IPK touches you give everywhere - Patel sisters trademark that is! The sneezing together, the rain scene 😳

And Anjali toh meddling queen hai, we know that! Kya bahana nikala hai! And Arnav agreed without a fuss πŸ˜ƒ

Chapter 7:

I think the song K quoted says everything. New found attraction, tender feelings.. the young buds of love. So sweet! They have both now decided to leave the past enmity behind and move forward. I am so happy.

But the last part has left me intrigued. The same reason Arnav is intrigued. Why was she jealous! I think is a significant new beginning, a new chapter in their lives. Can't wait for you to tell me more!

Beautiful update Zee! And I am enjoying the photos very much 😊

Edited by vgedin - 11 years ago