Chasing Dreams Thd3- Chp23 Pg102, Thd 4 Link Pg141

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
[MEMBERSONLY]

Spotlight Thread

See post below for Index

A/N- Thread 3? Are you kidding me. As cliched as it might sound, this has only been possible due to all of you, the people reading this story. Thank you ever so much.

Buddy me for PMs

*Title Credit- Meera 30

Excerpt-

The electronic screen displayed the number 9. A woman in her early 20s who was wearing a pale yellow kurti teamed with blue leggings looked at the small card in her hands one last time. 'This is it,' she told herself. Then she calmly got up from her seat and walked towards Dr. Manisha Roy's room, her steps assured and her look falsely defiant.

The woman entered the room after knocking the door a couple of times. Dr. Roy was a woman in her mid 40s. She wore a neatly starched Bengal cotton saree. On her nose rested a pair of glasses, the ones with a black frame, which gave her a old school look. She didn't spare the woman in front of much of a glance and asked her to sit down.

She opened a new patient file on her computer. The hospital had implemented a new patient data recording system after a few important patient files went missing last year.. The CEO Avinav Reddy spent nearly 1.5 crores on a new software system. When asked by the board as to why such a big investment was required, he replied 'Instead of keeping the hospital open to any potential lawsuit in the future rising out of any missing patient files, thereby losing crores of Rupees over years, it makes sense to invest in an expensive but efficient software system.' Dr. Roy was impressed with the young man's farsightedness.  

Dr Roy finally spared a look at the pale and tired looking girl and immediately turned back to her screen. She was already running late for her next appointment, pleasantries be damned. She had to wind up all her appointments before the weekend, before she could take her much awaited holiday with her family.

She  began filling in the details of the patient sitting in front of her and decided to find more about her while doing so.

'What's your name,' Dr. Roy asked. 'Kushi Gupta,' the woman replied. 'Kushi, I'm going to as you a few details before I find out more about your appointment. I need to file these details. Is that okay?' Kushi nodded.

'Age?'  '24 years and 2 months old,' Kushi remarked after making a mental calculation
'Title?' Kushi hesitated a little before replying 'Miss'
'Address?' 'No 24, Vasant Kunj Apts, Aurangazeb's Road, Delhi- 11', Kushi replied.

After filling in other mundane details, she finally turned her chair towards the girl in front of her and brought her glasses back so that they would rest on her eyes. 'So Kushi, how can I help you today,' Dr. Roy asked.

Kushi started nervously fiddling with the hem of her kurti. Dr Roy could see that Kushil was shivering a little. At that very moment, she knew why Kushi had come to consult her. In the 20 years of her professional experience  she wasn't new to such nervousness displayed by some of her 1st time patients.

Kushi finally decided this had to be said, she had to get this out of the way. She could no longer delay the inevitable.

She took a deep breath and said 'I need an abortion.'

Edited by Naach_Basanti - 11 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aphrodite88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
NB-ji Third Thread! Awesome!   

Now It's Celebration Time!

You and Your Story Deserve This!!

Edited by Aphrodite88 - 11 years ago
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow! Are you updating soon?
EXPELLIARMUS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Partaay! ๐Ÿฅณ

Edit:

Thread three?

I'm not surprised at all, because this story deserves that, and more.

I love this tale, NB, and more than anything, I dread the day when it will actually come to an end.

But let's not think about that right now.

Awaiting the next update eagerly...

So here's to thread three of a beautiful ArHi FF! 

Edited by EXPELLIARMUS - 11 years ago
heavenspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
RESERVE
congrtaz for the new thread dear...
i am loving this story a lot...
really different...
and the way you are showing the mental turmoil of every single person...its really commendable...
I am looking forward for the rest of the story...
and sorry for this late unres..!! ๐Ÿ˜›
Edited by heavenspirit - 11 years ago
Krishika209 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Congratz for thread 3...
Waiting for your update..๐Ÿ˜Š
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Congratulations my friend. I am so so happy

Now. Where is the update :D