Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
It seems to be a very Indian thing to equate box office results with quality of a film. In the US a low budget independent film can be considered a great success if it makes a little bit of money and is a quality product even though its earnings might be slight. Very famous movie stars will take roles in small independent films (getting much less pay than they usually get) to showcase their acting and nobody writes them off as hasbeen flop actors even if the film doesn't work. In India nothing seems to matter but box office results even if the 100cr films are mostly idiotic! And any Indian actor/actress is only as good as his last box office result - so better not take chances! This is one of the things that drives me crazy about Hindi films and one of the things limiting HiFI.
870349 thumbnail
Kay Kay Menon, if you are not interested in money game, stay away from it and do not accept compensations for acting in films!!! 😆

324284 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Kay Kay Menon, if you are not interested in money game, stay away from it and do not accept compensations for acting in films!!! 😆

Unless he also works on percentage of the profit basis then what compensation has to do with a movie that makes 100 crores or 50 crores.
870349 thumbnail

I think he has valid point but at the end of the day it is media who talks about 100 crore more than others we can not blame the stars of 100 crore films. That is how Bollywood has always been. Alot of the classics are classic cause they were good and did well box office wise. Or else I thought Amitabh Bachchan film Yaarana was good but it does not have legacy like his other films today cause apparently it flopped when it came out.

also he should be ashamed of Drona lol 🤢