I am ashamed of Rs.100 crore game: Kay Kay Menon

abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Tue, 2013-02-05 09:09 —

Versatile actor Kay Kay Menon says he is ashamed that there is no cinema left and it's only about box office business and big numbers.

"I am ashamed that talent is not promoted, it's all about marketing. There is no cinema, it's only about Rs.100 crore (business)," said the 45-year-old who feels earning Rs.100 crore is "not a big deal". "I am ashamed of this Rs.100 crore game," he added.

Seen in different roles in successful films "Sarkar", Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd and "Life In A... Metro" and critically acclaimed Gulaal", Kay Kay says he is not even "interested in understanding this game. For me, it is something else. Anything which is non-cinema, I am not interested in it".

A management graduate, Kay Kay's love for the craft of acting motivated him to join movies.

He only wants to stick to acting because "that is what I am good at. I am enjoying it. When I will be bored, I will shift to something else."

"I am living my life to the best of my ability. I don't do things that doesn't appeal to me. Finding cinema is a rare commodity, to find a good cinema is all the more difficult," he added.

Kay Kay is currently busy promoting "ABCD - Anybody Can Dance", country's first 3D dance film starring a host of choreographers like Prabhudheva and Ganesh Acharaya. It has been directed by dance director Remo D'Souza and is coming out Feb 15.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Y only the ones who can't make it to that level always complain? 😆
abby_girl30 thumbnail
@Sameer lol that's true...but he isn't in the running...as he always played side roles

I lke him as an actor...he was superp in Sarkar...gave tough competition to ABsr in acting as well

Edited by abby_girl30 - 11 years ago
870349 thumbnail
does he forget his role in the film Drona 🤢

Truth be I really feel no one makes 100 crores to make 100 crores. It happens naturally.

People say Khiladi 786 was a film designed to do 100 crore but it didn't

No one but Ranbir thought Barfi could do 100 crores and he was right
abby_girl30 thumbnail
I think its great that movies are making 100 crore but this shouldn't become a prerequisite to judge an actor's talent

An actor who doesn't have a 100 crore movie doesn't mean they have no talent

Menon is right that this figure is touched through marketing mostly...better marketing...better chances of movie making 100 crore
668837 thumbnail
But making 100C doesnt define the quality of the movie. Barfii is an exception however.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
He is right in a way..this whole 100 crore business is killing the quality of cinema!
324284 thumbnail

Originally posted by: abby_girl30

Tue, 2013-02-05 09:09 '

Versatile actor Kay Kay Menon says he is ashamed that there is no cinema left and it's only about box office business and big numbers.

"I am ashamed that talent is not promoted, it's all about marketing. There is no cinema, it's only about Rs.100 crore (business)," said the 45-year-old who feels earning Rs.100 crore is "not a big deal". "I am ashamed of this Rs.100 crore game," he added.

Seen in different roles in successful films "Sarkar", Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd and "Life In A... Metro" and critically acclaimed Gulaal", Kay Kay says he is not even "interested in understanding this game. For me, it is something else. Anything which is non-cinema, I am not interested in it".

A management graduate, Kay Kay's love for the craft of acting motivated him to join movies.

He only wants to stick to acting because "that is what I am good at. I am enjoying it. When I will be bored, I will shift to something else."

"I am living my life to the best of my ability. I don't do things that doesn't appeal to me. Finding cinema is a rare commodity, to find a good cinema is all the more difficult," he added.

Kay Kay is currently busy promoting "ABCD - Anybody Can Dance", country's first 3D dance film starring a host of choreographers like Prabhudheva and Ganesh Acharaya. It has been directed by dance director Remo D'Souza and is coming out Feb 15.

Wah Wahh kyaa baat kya baat...we need people like Kay Kay in IF too.
662107 thumbnail
Well said Me Menon 👍🏼 this 100cr nonsense it only benefits the less talented folks who take the audience for granted a couple of item numbers,4 fight scenes,one hot chick and there you have 100cr😡 the sooner this trend ends the better.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Did any one watch Inkar?? Arjun Rampal and Chitrangada wali...such a beautiful movie...flop ho gayi..🤔