Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@BlackStar:

Sanam and Mahira are compared all the time..even I have brought them up but only because of the Fawad factor...especially on this forum. Fans put them up against each other only because they both have worked with Fawad and have their set fan groups. Apart from that, I find Mahira overrated..I can understand someone who's an underdog being mentioned with the likes of one of the leading actresses who's been working for quite a few yrs now..but since Mahira's been getting some pretty good recognition from her very second drama..don't see how it's unfair to her? It's more or less unfair to Sanam from the way I see it.

I think Sanam is an awesome actress..She has pulled off many roles. It's one thing to see that and another to agree upon it. She has pulled off a negative role, a comic role, a romantic role..you name it. The problem with Sanam is that she's typecasted a lot and that overshadows what she has done...WIth Mahira..I think Mahira has room for improvement, but I fail to see her becoming effortless or a natural. I actually think she has immense pressure on herself to breakthrough from Khirad..and she probably knows it..which is why I think she's overrated. Khirad was nothing extraordinary and for people to term it as the best thing to have happened since sliced bread has only blinded people to see something beyond that. People still remember her as Khirad even though her performance was way better as Falak..and Falak was a pretty good role for her...I loved SeZ and I started to relate to Falak so much towards the end, and it had so much to do with Mahira..but, so many didn't...shows that people haven't moved beyond Humsafar. And, it's the same with Fawad as Asher..though Fawad's ahead of the game and it's just a matter of a powerful script and character.

And, no, I actually don't think an actress or actor has be good looking. I think Imran Aslam is a brilliant actor and highly underrated because he's average in the looks department. Similarly, actresses who aren't the conventional good looking type get picked on as opposed to those even when it has nothing to do with their acting abilities. I've seen so many people criticizing Sanam Saeed for her looks and actually questioning why they chose her as opposed to someone who perhaps is more pretty..which makes no sense whatsoever as that has nothing to do with her role and besides, she's a wonderful performer.
They aren't supposed to be beautiful..the fans etc probably put them in a complex to become superficial which eventually leads some to resort to surgery.

Edited by starstruckk - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

Well Fawad and Mahira gave the superhit Humsafar, and Fawad ans SB gave Dastaan, they are bound to be compared :P Sanam is much better at doing emotional scenes and I find her prettier too, but I think Mahira has a lot of potential. She is new and needs time.

FAWAD AND SANAM FTWWW THOUGH!😃 Their chemistry in Dastaan was magical

P.S: I really like the points you always make! Even though we dont always agree with eachother but your points always seem so sensible and make me think!👏

Aww thank you.

I know..we don't agree on everything but I like our discussions nonetheless. and you and me are probably the only Sanam-Fawad fans here ...at least someone to relate to. 😆 Dastaan was epic to say the least.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeephRun

Can we stop Mahira Sanam dramaand discuss guys for a change please?

Humayun nd fawad together?show some excitement guys

no meepha..YOU join in. 😆

and I saw you with a DELENA siggy before..what's that all about?? it's all about Stelena. 😳😆

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It is unfair.. Mahira hasn'f made herself overrated.. I mean if Humsafar wasn't a success I wouldn't see her in the same position as she is today. The fans have.. And your right it is hard for her to break through.
I'll post an analysis that I made on Mahira a while back where I actually mentioned how she's not effortless unlike Saba or Sanam..
I get that you find Mahira overrated but I really don't see how it's unfair to Sanam.. Seriously.
And Sanam has attempted all types of roles. But she was horrible as Akbari and as Kiran.
I did not like her at all..
Imran Aslam may be a good actor but do you see him in any of the lead roles today? No.
And lemme clarify I have always found Sanam Saeed a pretty face and I've supported her on the comments for ZGH OST where people said she shouldn't be in the drama and Mahira should. In-fact ZGH is the first time where I've actually said Sanam is a good actress. Not everyone finds Mahira pretty..
And it's the same with Sanam as well.

Btw SS do you actually have hope for Stelena? I'm a stelena shipper but she has annoyed the f**k outta me lately. Stefan should go with rebecca.
starstruckk thumbnail
@ Blackstar: OMG, you watch TVD? 😲 damn, do we have a common interest afterall?

I love Stelena. 😳 Though, yes currently I feel Stefan deserves better than Elena..Elena certainly pisses me off as a vampire. How does she NOT remember anything? 😕 She seems just so..indifferent towards Stefan...and after all that they've been through..it's just all w-t-f.

I think both brothers deserve better..I like Damon..but I just can't feel Delena..it seems so ..wrong. And how does he always end up loving the same girl as Stefan..get your own girl for God's sake. 🥱

I like Rebekka and Stefan..but I like Stefan and Caroline more..their friendship is so adorable. 😳..though I don't see that ever happening. 😆

I love Paul Wesley though..he's so adorable. Do you like Ian or Paul? I kind of find Ian overrated..I think Paul's a wayy better actor.

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes I do and I'm a stelena shipper.
I hate the fact that Elena is actually totally being a b**ch to Stefan currently but Caroline has also pissed me off enough. Well actually Bonnie has too.
I feel the most for Tyler on that show.
I like Stefan and Damon equally.. Both do stupid things. I like Ian and Paul too.. Can't choose between either. Though Paul is definitly funnier than Ian. He's so underrated compared to Ian and Nina.

Do you watch PLL too?

Btw, Star, we've argued so much over these few pages, imagine how much we would argue if this drama gets made.. 😆
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Yes I do and I'm a stelena shipper.
I hate the fact that Elena is actually totally being a b**ch to Stefan currently but Caroline has also pissed me off enough. Well actually Bonnie has too.
I feel the most for Tyler on that show.
I like Stefan and Damon equally.. Both do stupid things. I like Ian and Paul too.. Can't choose between either. Though Paul is definitly funnier than Ian. He's so underrated compared to Ian and Nina.

Do you watch PLL too?

Btw, Star, we've argued so much over these few pages, imagine how much we would argue if this drama gets made.. 😆

Pretty Little Liars? No I don't watch that..I may start it though in the summer. I've heard mixed reviews on that show though..do you like it?

I feel Paul is so underrated when compared to Ian & Nina..hate how he always takes the back seat when compared to them. I like Ian, but I love Paul..similarly I like Damon, but adore Stefan even with his flaws. I find Paul far more attractive than Ian too..I may be the minority but I just don't find Ian all that attractive like most people. 😕 Wesley is just too adorable. 😳😆 (lol I sound insane perhaps)

Elena always pissed me off..she pissed me off even as a human, you can imagine how she much she irritates me now. Caroline was annoying earlier but ever since she became a vampire, I love her! 😆..Bonnie pisses me off too for the most part..I adore Jeremy though..poor kid. 😆

yeah, I know..I'm sure we'll have pages of pages of arguments of this drama. 😆 well who knows how true this news is though..we'll just have to wait and see.

starstruckk thumbnail
AND,

Kol..poor guy..I loved him. 😭

whyyy?!!?!?!

Kol was one of my favorite characters as of late. Hope they bring him back somehow.

angt thumbnail
mahira is best.donot like sanam at all
angt thumbnail
mahira is prettier than sanam.sanam is nothing in front of her