Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Hinna your last set was sooo difficult!! Kinda hard thinking back to the whole year and remembering stuff.

Yeah she committed suicide. It was shocking but she was somewhere else when she did. Found out quite a few surprising things about her afterwards that the cops told us but it was unexpected. We never could have imagined.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Oh wow! Grad student? Mashallah! Aren't you the same age as me though? In Canada I think you can go to pharmacy school after first year of university and it is a 4 year program so that's 5 years but for all other professional degrees you have to have a university degree. I am almost done yes, although I already had more than the required credits to graduate, I was not ready to leave university so I left my thesis for an extra year. My parents never let my older siblings move out so they had to go to the university in our city. I went to one somewhere else and commuted for 2.5 years. Then I got my parents to let me go somehow but they never wanted that. My dad is a pharmacist.

yeah I'm 22 as well..since I finished 4th yr back in 2012 Spring..starting Fall 2012, with 5th yr of pharmacy school I became a graduate student. Here the way pharmacy school works is you can either do it 6 years straight..broken up into 2 yrs of prepharmacy school where I fulfilled my prerequisites, and then you try getting into professional pharmacy school which is 4 yrs (that's the real deal with hardcore pharm classes)..and this can all be done at your univ too if they have borh prepharm and professional pharm...so once I finished my 2 yrs of prepharm I applied to my univ's professional pharm school after taking this PCAT exam and going through the entire admission process with many other applicants etc. Then there are others who can apply from outside with a bachelors degree into this same 4 yr professional pharm program given they fulfilled the prereq requirements during their bachelors. I don't know if I was clear ..πŸ˜†..but yeah, that's how it works here.

That's awesome..good luck with everything! What do you plan to do once you graduate?

canuck-umz thumbnail
Starry - Woah! That sounds intense! I guess in the end it's almost similar, 5 years here about over there it's like 6. Seems like a lot but it's the same thing with all professional schools really. I would like to go to chiropractic college which I will be applying to sometime later this year. The applications went too early this year. It's a 4 year program. Originally, I was planning on masters in psych for 2 years and another 2 years doing masters in physiotherapy so that would have been 4 years too. Lets see though. I have always been confused about where I want to end up. Things have not fallen in place just yet, who knows I might end up doing something different altogether. Inshahallah, it will all work out by this summer.
starstruckk thumbnail

Starry - Woah! That sounds intense! I guess in the end it's almost similar, 5 years here about over there it's like 6. Seems like a lot but it's the same thing with all professional schools really. I would like to go to chiropractic college which I will be applying to sometime later this year. The applications went too early this year. It's a 4 year program. Originally, I was planning on masters in psych for 2 years and another 2 years doing masters in physiotherapy so that would have been 4 years too. Lets see though. I have always been confused about where I want to end up. Things have not fallen in place just yet, who knows I might end up doing something different altogether. Inshahallah, it will all work out by this summer.

Insha Allah you'll find what you want to do and end up doing great down the line! You remind me of my sister. She says the same things when she talks about career choices and what she's planning to do.

I honestly find it scary at times thinking of myself with a career and no more school..I mean our lives with real jobs seem a bit dreadful, don't you think? ..As much as I complain about school, studying etc..I do think I'll miss it a lot..the freedom you have as a student is definitely gone once you're in the real world. Ahh..and before you know it, our parents are going to start getting serious about rishtays and all that bs. πŸ˜†

by the way..are you watching ZGH?

canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Insha Allah you'll find what you want to do and end up doing great down the line! You remind me of my sister. She says the same things when she talks about career choices and what she's planning to do.

I honestly find it scary at times thinking of myself with a career and no more school..I mean our lives with real jobs seem a bit dreadful, don't you think? ..As much as I complain about school, studying etc..I do think I'll miss it a lot..the freedom you have as a student is definitely gone once you're in the real world. Ahh..and before you know it, our parents are going to start getting serious about rishtays and all that bs. πŸ˜†

by the way..are you watching ZGH?

Thanks man! Is your sister younger than you? Honestly, one of the main reasons I stayed back an extra year was because I just wasn't ready to leave. 4 years went by so fast, I wish I could turn back the time to first year and continue living the 4 years forever πŸ˜† It does sound dreadful! Forget jobs, I think marriage is the end of life. I won't be marrying for many years but still it's unimaginable. Life just ends! Done! Poof!

Yup I am watching it, everyone was so I had to. I am liking it better than Humsafar. I am an Usama fan πŸ˜† even though I do not like Shehryar Munawar yet as such but I love his character.
starstruckk thumbnail

Thanks man! Is your sister younger than you? Honestly, one of the main reasons I stayed back an extra year was because I just wasn't ready to leave. 4 years went by so fast, I wish I could turn back the time to first year and continue living the 4 years forever πŸ˜† It does sound dreadful! Forget jobs, I think marriage is the end of life. I won't be marrying for many years but still it's unimaginable. Life just ends! Done! Poof!

Yup I am watching it, everyone was so I had to. I am liking it better than Humsafar. I am an Usama fan πŸ˜† even though I do not like Shehryar Munawar yet as such but I love his character.

Yeah, my sister is younger than me..she's 19. She's not too sure about what she wants to do, nor does she really know where she'll end up as of yet. She changed her major from psychology to nursing and now is thinking of going back to psychology. πŸ˜†

and same here! I don't like Shehryar so much..but Usama, the character is likable especially since he seems to be the lesser loser out of his friends thus far. lol

I too like it more than Humsafar..I liked Humsafar more in the beginning than the end..but with ZGH I feel it's going to get better with the progressing episodes...and hopefully with more happy progressing episodes. πŸ˜† I can't wait to see how two complete opposites, Zaroon and Kashaf eventually fall in love. I love the fact that they're showing Kashaf to be an average looking girl..with imperfections. I was once telling my sister how I'm tired of our dramas showing the two good looking guys and girls falling love..why not ever show the girl/boy next door falling in love? That's not to say I find Sanam Saeed ugly or anything..not at all...but she has the looks of an average Pakistani girl and it's nice to see such characters eventually get what they want in life too.

itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
one more plz 😳
whats ur views on sam's decision leaving for standford
if dean would be there, he preferred living with his family right?
if u were at sam's place what u decide? to leave or family is everything?
canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: itzMYattitude

one more plz 😳
whats ur views on sam's decision leaving for standford
if dean would be there, he preferred living with his family right?
if u were at sam's place what u decide? to leave or family is everything?

Hello again πŸ€— I am not to sure I know your name or what I should call you?

Dean and Sam are different. Dean was never into studying anyways, for him it was always about looking after Sam and hunting. While Sam never wanted to be a hunter, he wanted to go to school. The kind of situation they were thrown into I would have picked family otherwise, I would just leave like Sam did. Too bad for them they can never get away fully, they are pretty much stuck.

canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Yeah, my sister is younger than me..she's 19. She's not too sure about what she wants to do, nor does she really know where she'll end up as of yet. She changed her major from psychology to nursing and now is thinking of going back to psychology. πŸ˜†

and same here! I don't like Shehryar so much..but Usama, the character is likable especially since he seems to be the lesser loser out of his friends thus far. lol

I too like it more than Humsafar..I liked Humsafar more in the beginning than the end..but with ZGH I feel it's going to get better with the progressing episodes...and hopefully with more happy progressing episodes. πŸ˜† I can't wait to see how two complete opposites, Zaroon and Kashaf eventually fall in love. I love the fact that they're showing Kashaf to be an average looking girl..with imperfections. I was once telling my sister how I'm tired of our dramas showing the two good looking guys and girls falling love..why not ever show the girl/boy next door falling in love? That's not to say I find Sanam Saeed ugly or anything..not at all...but she has the looks of an average Pakistani girl and it's nice to see such characters eventually get what they want in life too.

Yeah it's pretty normal. People switch majors all the time not sure about what is right for them. It's like trial and error until they find one they enjoy. I think nursing is a good idea, there is a lot of scope for jobs and it's good money.

There is something about Shehryar's voice, I dunno if that's how he speaks in real life or he is just a weak actor, he needs to learn voice modulation and diction. In TNS he is the weakest link, I cringe when he comes on screen, I mean he is worse than Alishba while in ZGH I absolutely adore him, I like him more than Zaroon.

See ZGH has an actual story while Humsafar was very simple. All the characters are very well develop and everyday we learn more about them. It brings out more emotions in me as a viewer than did Humsafar. Like the dad pisses me off while in Humsafar, the mom was meh inducing than shocking. It's a very realistic show. Sanam Saeed is an average looking girl but at least she can act. I have no complaints with her and it's nice to see the life of an average girl and her struggles more than that it's her inner monologue. We find out what she is actually feeling. Same with Zaroon.

itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hello again πŸ€— I am not to sure I know your name or what I should call you?

Dean and Sam are different. Dean was never into studying anyways, for him it was always about looking after Sam and hunting. While Sam never wanted to be a hunter, he wanted to go to school. The kind of situation they were thrown into I would have picked family otherwise, I would just leave like Sam did. Too bad for them they can never get away fully, they are pretty much stuck.

u can call me sara. its not my real name but m using the same name here in this forum 😳
btw my friends use to call me drama quessn becoz i love discussing things even from the play i never watch πŸ˜†
sorry if m bothering u but i love knowing others point of view. it just gives me another dimension, looking at the same thing with a different person's view
m complicated sometimes πŸ˜†

whats the best thing in dean n sammy's character.
n whats the negative qualities both the characters carry?
whats ur views about jared n jensen's acting?

do u thing the off screen chemistry between the actors influence their chemistry on screen?