Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: starstruckk

thanks for answering..your answers are wonderful to read..the more I read your answers, the more I realize how we do have a lot in common.

and LOLLL..it's hard for me to acknowledge how pretty Syra is too..but then I see her pictures and she usually looks really pretty.

You are welcome! I did notice too. I just wish I watched more dramas I wasn't able to answer Sana's set properly.
I give credit where it's due, the girl is pretty Mashallah and very likeable in TNS even though she is a weak actress.

Oh wow, your roommate committed suicide? is it okay to ask what happened?

btw do you live on campus or do you and your roommates have your own apartment?

Yup I had a roommate. She hadn't been there for too long, was an international student from India. One morning around um... 5 am I heard knocking on the door, I was kinda in and out of sleep so thought I was hearing stuff then I heard the voices of men and someone yelling is anyone awake? One roommate was out and the other was asleep. Long story short, there were 5 cops. They started searching the girl's room and asked me some questions about her. I had no idea, I assumed she was missing. They took her laptop, went through it etc

Around 10 am, I was sleeping and someone knocked on my door, I opened it and looked straight into very blue eyes (I was half asleep) 2 more cops had come. This time they stayed for a while and he took my statement and my roommates, then told me she had died, found in my city (my city where my actual home is), and they needed to identify her. They did give me some extra background and I learned a few surprising facts about her. Found out from someone else who was visiting me (and who last saw her) that they had gone to him to get his statement and told him she committed suicide by jumping off a bridge on to the road below and got struck by a truck. Was hard to identify.

I live in off-campus housing. House has 8 people; 4 upstairs and 4 of us in the basement.

canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: McNinja

ROFL. Ok, it's a deal.

I can teach you how to tootsie roll. And macarena.

Together we can be Happy Penguins.

You got yourself a dealio! We teach each other.

canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: itzMYattitude

m no watching the show still i love reading ur answers 😆
its just bromance is my fav subject 😳
it makes me go crazy sometimes

Aw thank-you! 🤗
Yeah I do love watching bromance, much more interesting isn't it? Just look at shows like Supernatural, Prison Break, and How I met your mother.

Edited by canuck-umz - 11 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

You are welcome! I did notice too. I just wish I watched more dramas I wasn't able to answer Sana's set properly.
I give credit where it's due, the girl is pretty Mashallah and very likeable in TNS even though she is a weak actress.

Yup I had a roommate. She hadn't been there for too long, was an international student from India. One morning around um... 5 am I heard knocking on the door, I was kinda in and out of sleep so thought I was hearing stuff then I heard the voices of men and someone yelling is anyone awake? One roommate was out and the other was asleep. Long story short, there were 5 cops. They started searching the girl's room and asked me some questions about her. I had no idea, I assumed she was missing. They took her laptop, went through it etc

Around 10 am, I was sleeping and someone knocked on my door, I opened it and looked straight into very blue eyes (I was half asleep) 2 more cops had come. This time they stayed for a while and he took my statement and my roommates, then told me she had died, found in my city (my city where my actual home is), and they needed to identify her. They did give me some extra background and I learned a few surprising facts about her. Found out from someone else who was visiting me (and who last saw her) that they had gone to him to get his statement and told him she committed suicide by jumping off a bridge on to the road below and got struck by a truck. Was hard to identify.

I live in off-campus housing. House has 8 people; 4 upstairs and 4 of us in the basement.

how tragic..feel sorry for her, her family must have been shell shocked to find out of all of this esp considering she was away, in another country all this time.

Ahh I kind of would like to experience dorm life/off campus housing...primarily because commuting back and forth to univ is such a pain lol
canuck-umz thumbnail

how tragic..feel sorry for her, her family must have been shell shocked to find out of all of this esp considering she was away, in another country all this time.

Ahh I kind of would like to experience dorm life/off campus housing...primarily because commuting back and forth to univ is such a pain lol

I cannot even imagine their grief. Their daughter in a different country, alone, and God knows what she was going through. None of us saw it coming.

Living alone, you discover a whole new world. I realized how sheltered I had been. I got to try new things. I live on my own terms and luckily I have great roommates (very clean too) which helps. I moved when my schedule became really hectic that after the long commute I would be too tired to study. Plus it's hard to be active in other university stuff. I love my home but I am so used to living alone now that I prefer it plus my mom is kinda conservative. She means well but it's overbearing. I thought you had graduated??

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

I cannot even imagine their grief. Their daughter in a different country, alone, and God knows what she was going through. None of us saw it coming.

Living alone, you discover a whole new world. I realized how sheltered I had been. I got to try new things. I live on my own terms and luckily I have great roommates (very clean too) which helps. I moved when my schedule became really hectic that after the long commute I would be too tired to study. Plus it's hard to be active in other university stuff. I love my home but I am so used to living alone now that I prefer it plus my mom is kinda conservative. She means well but it's overbearing. I thought you had graduated??

I'm a pharmacy major and pharmacy school is 6 yrs long..so I'm currently in my 5th yr, I have 6th yr left and then I'll become a pharmacist InshAllah...I'm a graduate student though. You're almost done with your major, right?
yeah, I initially really wanted to experience living away..but as I progressed into my major and drowning in tuition fees and loans 😆..the wish to dorm faded away lol. ..plus, I never really pushed it as my parents never agreed initially, you know what I mean.
canuck-umz thumbnail

I'm a pharmacy major and pharmacy school is 6 yrs long..so I'm currently in my 5th yr, I have 6th yr left and then I'll become a pharmacist InshAllah...I'm a graduate student though. You're almost done with your major, right?
yeah, I initially really wanted to experience living away..but as I progressed into my major and drowning in tuition fees and loans 😆..the wish to dorm faded away lol. ..plus, I never really pushed it as my parents never agreed initially, you know what I mean.

Oh wow! Grad student? Mashallah! Aren't you the same age as me though? In Canada I think you can go to pharmacy school after first year of university and it is a 4 year program so that's 5 years but for all other professional degrees you have to have a university degree. I am almost done yes, although I already had more than the required credits to graduate, I was not ready to leave university so I left my thesis for an extra year. My parents never let my older siblings move out so they had to go to the university in our city. I went to one somewhere else and commuted for 2.5 years. Then I got my parents to let me go somehow but they never wanted that. My dad is a pharmacist.
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Umz Congrats girl🤗

Ok so kostins for you

Which is your favourite vacaton spot??

Your favourite movie??

Your favourite song??

Your favourite cuisine??

What is your most cherished dream??

Also who do you like more Fk or Kavi shastri😛
Edited by shar1988 - 11 years ago
canuck-umz thumbnail

Originally posted by: shar1988

Hey Umz Congrats girl🤗 Thank-you sooo much! ❤️

Ok so kostins for you

Which is your favourite vacaton spot?? haven't traveled enough

Your favourite movie?? Dil Chahta Hai, can't decide in American movies

Your favourite song?? gitchie gitchie goo from Phineas and Ferb 😛

Your favourite cuisine?? Arab/Mediterranean

What is your most cherished dream?? win the lotto max 50 bahahahaha

Also who do you like more Fk or Kavi shastri😛 Fawad Khan

Word Count: 1

Very happy!! Thanks for answering!😃

Omg your roommate committed suicide :( that must have been horrible!