Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Edited: Thanks for giving your opinion guys.
But just think about it, even after Dastan and Daam, she has not being offered any high budget plays. (kuch pyar ka pagalpan bhi the had the budget, but not the story)
Have we ever seen a photoshoot of her? Usually actresses get offered to promote lawn brands.
Amna Sheikh, Mahira are everywhere. We wait for their interviews eagerly. But i rarely see Sanam in any morning show as a guest.
She has been critically acclaimed but has never been appreciated commercially.
As someone mentioned below in a comment.😊

It was lovely to read all your comments! 😃
Edited by mary78613 - 11 years ago
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Well since there r overrated actresses in paki tv industry, i wud say she is an underrated actress. But i do feel like here on IF her acting is appreciated much, aslo she is among the most loved here.

I do not know why this show isn't mentioned in the article but she did an AMAZING job in Nur poor ki Rani, the ones who havn't seen it shud watch it, loved her in it.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mary78613

I wrote this article.

Wonderful to see that people are viewing it.😊

very well written 👏
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: --Nida--

very well written 👏

Thankyou Nida. 😊
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think Sanam's really under-rated.. She's gotten appreciation since the start of her career.. I mean Doraha was like her second show but I could easily tell that this girl can actt.. One serial of her's which you forgot to mention is Nurpur Ki Rani.. Sanam was soo good in that.
Also, since you also mention Akbari Asghari, I think it's the only drama in which I didn't like Sanam's performance.. She couldn't pull off the negative bitt.

All of her other performances have been good.. The critical acclaim's been there. It's just the commercial success that's missing and she deserves.

About her drama choices, I'm sure Sanam's offered good drama's, but she herself said that she's very choosy and picks only specific one's.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think the same. She's under rated..she didn't win the best actress award for Dastaan in 2010. That itself shows how her splendid performance didn't receive the appreciation it deserved.

For someone who has done Daam. Doraha. Dastaan & Durre Shahwar..she sure is underrated. The only problem with Sanam is that she has chosen some similar roles..but even then she has done variety too with Akbari Asghari, KPKPBT, Doraha, Chemistry etc...but those were never enough nor did they justify her talent.

She deserves better scripts...it baffles me how every Tom, Dick & Harry is getting dramas, and here a great actress isn't getting the best of scripts. Somewhere it has to do with our writers not providing anything innovative or new for an actress of her caliber either.

Also, Sanam debuted when she was around 22..she's probably the youngest actress out of today's lot to get recognized so quickly. I will never forget her performances in Daam & Dastaan. At such a young age, in the same yr she pulled off such touching performances.
--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Very well written.

Sanam is one of my favourite actresses and I have always felt that she is underrated, I agree with all of you. 😳
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I don't know about anyone else but Sanam sure is one of my favourite actress and yes I do believe that she is under rated compared to most of the other actresses.
And where is she these days?? anyone knows about her next project because I am really missing her post DeS.

--Iqra-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I have no idea, but I've been thinking about that too.