|| Happy Birthday, Rani Mukherjee || (March 21)

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Welcome to the most happening party in town. Crazy Creative style.

*Guests begin entering*

Yuvika - Wow this place is beautiful.
Stuti - I've never seen a place like this before.
Pari - I would love to just live here.
Jot - Well it is the "Rani's" birthday. Duh. Everything has to be perfect.
Radha - Girls shut up shut up. Where is the birthday girl?
Yuvika - Sami and Shareen are getting her ready.
Radha - Duffer. Not that Rani. That's our CC Rani. I mean where is the birthday girl Mukherjee?
Jot - Hogi kissi film set per. After all she's to busy for her fans.
Pari - We all know what our Rani would say to that.
Stuti - Of course.

*** Sami, Rani, & Shareen's compartment***

Sami - It's Mukherjee's birthday and you're getting dressed up as if it's your birthday.
Rani - Because it is...
Shareen - Are you crazy?
Rani - From birth.
Sami (rolling her eyes) - And we CCs are stuck here with you preparing for a birthday where the main guest will be gayab.
Rani - What do you mean? She'll be just as much here. This is for her. All of these arrangements are for her. I've invited the entire film industry.
Shareen - Yeah like they are all coming to come.
Rani - Oh they will. Just wait and watch. 😉

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls...Here's presenting the guest of honor today March 21st 2012...None other than the Queen of Bollywood, Rani Mukherjee.

In the posts below the celebrations continue. Keep reading for more fun and games.

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail

Rani - I want to make this the most memorable birthday ever! And my CCs are going to help me.
Stuti - Do we have a choice?
Rani - Nope not at all.
Yuvika (jumping up and down) - OMG OMG OMG.
Sami - What the heck? Why are you getting excited?
Yuvika - Look over there. *Points* Salman Khan!!!!!!!

Rani - Yeah yeah.
Yuvika - Dude you're hosting this party. Aren't you going to go welcome him?
Rani - Want to do the honors?
Yuvika - Are you kidding me?
Rani - I got to take care of the other two Khans. 😳
*Yuvika Storms off*
Stuti - You are so mean.
Rani - Since birth.
Sami - Look over there. Your boys.
Rani - Now that's where I'm headed.
*Rani runs off as Shahrukh & Aamir make their entry.*

Aamir - Rani thank goodness.
Rani - What happened?
Aamir - This stupid security guard didn't recognize me.
Rani - Haha. Welcome my Shahru & Aamir. Btw happy belated birthday, Aamir.
Aamir - Thank you darling. So were is our other Rani? Our birthday girl?
Shahrukh - Yeah where's our darling?

*Shahrukh, Aamir, Salman & the entire CC gang go to greet the birthday Queen*

Continue on to the next post for more!

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
*The guests start to arrive. Suvi, Shareen, and Radha are greeting them as they enter. Each celeb guest goes to meet with Rani and wish her first.*

Shahrukh: Happy birthday, sweetheart!

Posing with the Birthday Girl!

Rani: Thank you Jiju. 😆

*continue to the next post for more*
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Today March 21st, 2012 marks the 34th birthday of the Queen of Hearts, Rani Mukherjee.

Here's wishing the beautiful actress a very happy birthday. Hope she has an amazing one and a memorable one. Please join us in wishing her a very happy birthday!! She deserves this!

Sweet family!

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
The party doesn't end here! Sit back and take a look at Rani's amazing career so far!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1p1Nfi-DXsc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IXWygCMq4tE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Vc4CRgRr6Pg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PiyDpVKtn0g[/YOUTUBE]
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Birthday sigs and creations!
Credit for the following sets of Sigs: Tushaar (Sussi Forums)

*more to be added later*
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

21st March 1978 was the day that the Queen of Bollywood arrived in the world. Nobody knew then, that this little baby was going to grow up to be one of the most talented actresses of her generation.

Nowadays, Rani is known as one of the best actresses in Bollywood. She has done it all, her roles have varied from small town village girl, to a dumb deaf and blind girl. She has played every role with ease, and succeeded in making everyone stand up and take notice of her abilities

Let's take a look at Ranis career and how she managed to establish herself as a powerhouse of talent.

Born Actress?
Had it not been her mothers constant persuasion, Rani Mukerji would probably never have acted.
She is the in the very few people, who admit that they had no intention of joining Bollywood. It wasn't something she had dreamt of, it wasn't something she wanted. Yet, with the pressure of her mother, Rani reluctantly signed her first movie.

The Early Years
After a short cameo in Biyer Phool, Rani made her protagonist debut five years later with Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat. Although the movie didn't catapult Rani into Bollywood, it certainly gave her a stepping stone. With movie failing, Rani decided to head back to college and complete her education.

After seeing Kajols success, Rani decided to try once again. Her luck was in, as she was cast alongside Amir Khan in Ghulam. The movie was a hit, the pairing was a hit. After being a die hard fan of Amir, she was now a friend of his. Their friendship has stayed strong to this day.

Then Rani met Karan Johar.. The rest as they say, is history. After the roaring success of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, everyone knew Ranis name. Her beautiful looks, sexy outfits and the fact that she stood her own next to accomplished stars such as Shahrukh and Kajol, made her a force to be reckoned with.

Moving on from KKHH, Rani was cast in many more movies, Mehndi, Badal, Bicchoo, Hello Brother,Hal Dil Jo Pyaar Karega and Nayak to name a few. Although her fan base was growing, Rani was still to make it into the top league.

The Breakthrough...The Queen Has Arrived.
With the release of Saathiya, Rani Mukerji made herself a niche in the top actresses of the millennium. Her natural way of playing Suhani, and her enviable acting skills made the public fall in love. Rani also received her first Filmfare for Best Actress.
"(Before Saathiya) nothing that was coming my way excited me... I knew Saathiya was a special film. I felt it while making it."

The next hit was Chalte Chalte. This movie gave Rani a new look. One that would forever be her signature look. We all knew that Rani had beautiful eyes, but the heavy kohl just made them stand out even more. Since then, she is regularly seen sporting the smokey eye look. Nobody can pull this look off better than her it seems!

Rani was at the peak of her career from then. Notable performances came in the form of Yuva, Hum Tum and Veer Zaara. At this point, there was NO other actress who could beat Rani when it came to acting. She reigned like a true queen, delivering hit after hit.. after hit.

Black Lights Up Her Life
Probably THE best performance of Rani s career, Black wowed every critic and everyone who watched the movie. I don't think I have ever seen another Bollywood actress play a role, SO difficult, with SO much ease. This movie was the moment when I really became a fan of Rani. Will there ever be a performance as worthy as Black? I can't see it happening in Bollywood for a long long time.

Black was a major critical success and Rani won universal praise for her acting. Filmfare included her performance in their list of the "80 Most Iconic performances", while commenting,
"For a role that required her to be deaf, dumb and blind, Rani sure filled the silences with her stupendous presence and how. Rani has that quality of making each role her own stamping it with her instinct and force of talent. Pitted against a thespian actor like Amitabh Bachchan, Rani holds her own. Pitched with eloquence and a pathos that no one has matched in any role in coming years, Rani has left an indelible mark with this role that usually comes once in a lifetime for most"

What Goes Up, Must Come Down.
After making poor decisions with movies, Ranis crown started to slip. Duds like Tara Rum Pum, Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic and Baabul saw Rani slowly climb down from her number one status. Although the movies failed, reviewers never once criticized Ranis acting. In fact, her acting was the only positive in all these movies. The failure made Rani step back and take a break from Bollywood. Her fans waited with baited breath.

"Confidence comes from the fact that I know my job. Today I may have gone through a stint wherein my films failed but they can't take away what I have. I have no complaints because even with my failures, there are achievements. If people notice when you have failed it means you have achieved a certain degree of success. "

The Queen Returns!
Rani shut up all her haters when she arrived back on the scene with Dil Bole Hadippa! Although the movie didn't break records, her performance once again won rave reviews. She slimmed down and looked as beautiful and as young as ever. Shahid Kapoor even stated that Rani was the actor and actress in the movie, and that he was just a sidestep.

NOKJ brought Rani back up in the big league. She proved that she can do it better than any of the current crop and worked her magic with Vidya Balan.

Highlights!
Rani is the only member of Bollywood to have been invited for a dinner with Pervez Musharraf.
"It was like a dream come true for me. I had a wonderful time. To just be part of such an event made me feel that, yes, I've done something to achieve this"

Rani was included in the dinner because she was at that point of time Begum Sehba Musharraf's favourite actor.

In 2010, Rani handed the coveted Mother Teresa Award to the Dalai Lama in honor of his work to promote human rights in Tiber and elsewhere, as well as inter-religious dialogue.

Rani – The Muse
Perhaps one of the most sought after designers nowadays, it was Rani Mukerji who helped propell Sabyasachi into the spotlight. Sabyasachi says
"I very carefully plug my sensibilities into the important films of the year, because at the end of the day, somebody who has made me a super brand in mass India is Rani Mukherjee. I am still regarded as Rani Mukherjee's tailor. Every wedding that I go to, I am perceived of as famous because I have something to do with Rani."

"When Rani and me had our association, I was a nobody and Rani was the number one actress in Bollywood. Also, one of the reasons Rani and Vidya have connected me to mass India is because they are identifiable actresses. There is a huge difference between a Katrina Kaif and a Rani Mukherjee, an Aishwarya Rai and a Vidya Balan"

Being an avid fan of his from day one, Sabyasachi has moulded many of Ranis characters. Black was when the Rani and Sabyasachi magic really happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rani Mukerji has proved that you don't have to be a beauty queen, you don't have to be seen at every function or party, and you don't have to assign yourself to the same character to be a successful woman in Bollywood. She has set the benchmark when it comes to acting and dancing. There will never be a performance as memorable as Black and there will never be an actress as commercially and critically successful as Rani Mukerji.

Here's wishing her luck and love for the year ahead. Long Rein The Queen!

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
I have already made a birthday thread for Rani, but it is hidden at the moment. 😆 But this thread is different and I thank you for posting it. I loved reading the article.

Aw my darling Rani turns 34 in less than 48 hours! I'm so excited. Wishing her a very happy birthday and all the success in the world! <3

I don't even know when I started LOVING her, but her charm, personality, acting everything just made her into the person she is today! For me she'll always be the Queen of Bollywood no matter what others say! No one can steal that title from her (and NO ONE has to agree with me)!

My birthday queen!! <3

shahsona thumbnail
Happy Birthday
Rani Mukherjee.
i'm proud to be your fan.

Edited by shahsona - 12 years ago
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Fantastic job with the layout/post Rani. =D