Question about Mora Piya and GEO.

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I have been watching Pak dramas since the last 2 decades on and off. First in Ind and now in the US. For the very first time I have a question about Mora Piya being aired on Geo?.

Till this drama was aired I had never seen the main leads hug/ embrace / hold hands.
In most of the Pak dramas, there is a respectable distance between the Main leads. How come this one is different?

Is Geo TV more liberal or are things changing in PAK Dramas too?
Just curious.

Edited by Peacefull - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I was thinking same thing today.
I dont watch this drama but my friend was watching it and after few epi she lost her interest.she said its very bold and i cant watch it with my family.today i saw some comments on fb they were calling it vulgar.i cant comment much coz i dunno anything about this show but if so many people are complaining thn there must be something.our audience is still not ready to accept such intense scenes.but i think geo tv dramas are bold compare to other channels.so may be they are trying to change the normal trend.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hmm, I don't know if Geo is more liberal than the other channels. I've seen some of the other channels showing intimate scenes here and there at times...but, Mora Piya in general does have a pretty bold theme. However, I do think they could have worked with lesser intimate scenes btwn Ujala & Faisal and still kept the theme that the drama currently has.
Star_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
you raise the strong point
i feel that too
i was thinking the same thing after watching the first epi i felt like i was watching an indian drama lol but then i thought ive never even seen an indian drama with such a broad theme :S i like the story though its different...
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
no...not really...i have seen ayesha khan hugging and being cozy with the male actors in other dramas...like vasl...i dont know if it was geo tv...i think it was hum...but you are right...pak tv is becoming quite bold with its stories and direction...i dont mind ...maybe cuz i watch them alone...and maybe cuz i am married. 😆
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i just caught up with this drama...
and yes, having watched, and currently watching, many pak dramas, i'll say with some certainty that this is the most intimate a hero and heroine got in pak dramas... though i did see advertisements of a few of ayesha khan's dramas, like maane na yeh dil, in which there was some hugging and stuff... but with mora piya, ek toh they keep shooting the faisal and ujala scenes in rain - so u have them both drenched in rain, upper se many of their romantic scenes are like in pitch dark night... rain plus night anywayz sets the atmosphere as very cozy and intimate.. and then u have those two have quite long hugs, and much longer eyelocks...
for a pakistani drama, gotta admit it's quite forward... definitely not one we'd watch with a family... but as for your question about geo - this kinda bold drama is nothing new for geo... they do like to tackle bold themes.. but now many other channels are joining in... if u've seen roag on ary - a VERY BOLD theme.. then hum's playing sanjha - prostitutes..quite bold as well..
so as compared to such bold themes as child rape, prostitution, extramarital affair, cozy scenes between actor and actress don't really seem like much...
for me, i watch a lot of indian dramas.. so, if you're used to indian dramas, cozy romantic scenes between hero heroine, such as are in mora piya, don't seem that much...
but... i think what works really well for mora piya is the awesome chemistry that amna and adeel share.. i did not like adeel prior to mora piya.. i've seen him in mera naseeb, and i didnt like him much... and i am really tired of seeing aamna in every other drama... and the first few episodes of mora piya didn't really seem to make them particularly cute as a couple.. but after the first 2-3 episodes, i actually saw a great chemistry between the two... even in that tragic and ultimate scene which forms the major twist for this story, they had really good chemistry.. dono saath mein boht ache lag rahe hain, and i think this is wht is working for them... such that, their scenes don't seem tooo cheesy or OTT...