{Happy Birthday Jay Sean!}-Heartthrob Of Millions!

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

March 26, is the birthday of the one and only heartthrob of millions!
The Punjabi munda Jay Sean!

PERSONAL LIFE

Kamaljit Singh Jhooti, better known as Jay Sean was born to a Sikh Punjabi family in London, England. His parents Sharan and Bindi Jhooti immigrated to the UK.

Jay went to Laytmer Upper School which coincidentally was the same private school that Hugh Grant, Heston Blumenthal, and Lily Cole had once went to as well.
After that, he went on to pursuing his education by attending the Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry at Queen Mary, University of London but dropped out in 2003 in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a singer.

He chose his stage name to be Jay Sean. Jay, was the nickname he received from his friends and "Sean" derived from "Shaan" which was not only a nickname that his grandmother called him by but it also means "pride" or "shining star" in Punjabi.

As for his love life, at the moment, the heartthrob is single, ready to mingle.

EARLY CAREER

The lad from the start was very passionate about music. At the mere age of 11, Sean started a hip-hop duo named "Compulsive Disorder" with his cousin Pritpal Rupra.

Jay Sean's first song "One Minute" fell into the hands of Rishi Rich in 2003 which lead to the Rishi Rich Project that consisted of Jay Sean, Rishi Rich himself and Juggy D.
The singer attracted the desi crowd of England before the rest by his 2nd song, "Dance with you [Nachna tera naal]" which landed in the top 20 list, at #12.

That was when Virgin Records signed the singing sensation for a deal of 1 million pounds. His second single "Got my Eyes on you" landed itself in the top 10 list at #6.
His next, "Stolen" featured Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu in the video, ended up as #4.

The rapper/producer/singer-songwriter/beatboxer parted ways with Virgin Records in 2007. He continued to work on his second album but the title song, "Deal With it" was given to Corbin Bleu which landed him the BMI Songwriter award.
The song also inspired the South Korean band Shinee's song "Juliette".
His second album, My own way that featured the hit songs "Ride it" and "Maybe" sold more than 350 000 copies across the whole world.

After that, in 2008, his song "Down" came out which hit the world with a storm.
The song topped the Billboard Hot 100 by knocking the Black Eyed Peas off the list.

It also sold more than 6 million copies across the world and 3 million digital copies in the US making it the best-selling single by a British/European male artist in North America. His latest album, "2012 [It aint the end]" came out on the 22nd of February 2011. Another album is set to hit the stores in May 10, 2011.

TELEVISION [FILMOGRAPHY]

Jay Sean featured in the Bollywood film "Kyaa Kool Hai Hum" in 2005.

ACHIEVEMENTS

-Has received 19 awards till date
-Was called "The UK's answer to Ne-yo" and also "The Urban Legend in making"
-First British Asian male to sign with an American label

BIRTHDAY
March 26, 1981

SUN SIGN
Gemini

---------------------------------------------------------
Happy Birthday Jay Sean [Kamaljit Singh Jhooti!]
Your fans wish you the best in life and hope you accomplish everything you've hoped to do so!

You're an inspiration for youth and a wonderful person that has some serious talent!
<-------->

Info taken from Indiaforums.com [written by me]

This post is a birthday thread. Fans will be present.
Please refrain from posting anything rude. If you do not like Jay Sean and have nothing nice to say, please kindly step out.

Edited by Angel-Jot. - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Quotes

"One thing that remains consistent throughout anything I do in life really is remaining true to myself and trusting my gut instincts."

"No no no no. Downstairs. I was saying. Rotie is ready, come down."

"You won't ever see me as a diva."

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-1zvwZqJQ[/YOUTUBE]

----------------------------
B-day Message From Your Gharwali Pooh & Kiran
----------------------------------
-Pooji-
Hey JS ! This Is Poonam( Pooji ). One of Your Biggest Fan # 1 . and Your Gharwali.πŸ˜†
I wish you a very amazing awesome Birthday.I love You Like Krazy. I am totally Jayified.You Are An Awesome Singer.All Your Songs Are Fab.You Rock In the Music Video.You Are The Best.and if you read this message which i hope you will read the message.b/c i will surely indeed tweet you this thread even though i know i won't get a replyπŸ˜†but i hope you see this post and see this website so you can know that there are many fans on I-F.com.Hope You Have A Great Year Ahead.God Bless You With More Success. and I Hope Hit the Lights & Home will be # 1 Just Like Down...😳. and Thank You For Giving Your Fans An Awesome Funny Interviews. Roti Bring it backπŸ˜†πŸ€£.Love You So Much.and Keep Giving us more interviews like that.and I just wanna tell you that tujhe mein rab dikhta hai ( i see my god in you.).Keep Smiling & Keep Rocking.
Here's a Little Mix That I Made For You as a B-Day Gift.Hope You Like it.

Love Poonam( Pooji ).
--------------------------------------------

Love, Pooji and Jot.
[And the rest of the JS Fanclub @ IF

-HipHopStahKiran-
Happy BirthdayJay Sean / Kamaljeet

OMG what can I say man, I am just speechless at the moment.
In June it will be 7 years since I got this craze for you :|
Damnn I dont think I have ever loved any fkin celebrity more than you. No Bolly/Telly actor can have that thing YOU HAVE <3 You're sooooo talented ! My love has only increased in these years and today its your birthday dude! You're seriously one person whom I love praise and adore the MOST ! I remember watching Stolen, pfftttttt I was like FK FK FK who is this guy 😲 You just stole my heart, right away ... Man I still remember that moment! And then I came to know your real name is Kamaljit :) Meraaa sohna and talented punjabi munda :$
That voice and that charm .. NO ! only you can have that !
Nobody will and can ever take your place in my heart, my first crush :$
I just got my eyes on you :\
and yes I like what I see.. that oh so HAWT face and body :)
Yesh yesh I am allowed to say that ^^ after all I am his gharwali 😎
I know you dont know that but I do
Watching your interviews made me fall in love with you even more. ''Yo Yo whatsupp this is your boy Jay Sean'' 😍 Your sense of humour and down to earth personality ufhhh ! only thing I would like to see more is you speaking in Punjabi/Hindi 😳
Okay so the birthday wish;

I SOOO LOVEEE YOUUUU MAN!

WANNA WISH YA ALL THE LUCK SUCCESS HAPPINESS IN THE WORLDDDD, BECAUSE YOU DESERVE ITTTT ! :)

x Kiran
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by -Pooji- - 13 years ago
P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Once Again Happy Birthday JS.
God Bless You With More Success.
Keep Smiling & Keep Shining.
Love You
---------
@ Jot-PMing mango is done !

@ Jot- Thank You So Much For Helping/Making A Thread Without You it would be Impossible. Thank You Yaar,.
Love You Too
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
this guy has an amazing sense of humour!...love him!

happy birthday jay!...
meluvsrk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Birthday Jay!!! :)) You're a wonderful singer. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a very successful years ahead!! Have fun 😊
Julybaby22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Happy Birthday Jay Sean <3
Angelic_A thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Birthday to Jay Sean!!

@mango- I agree. He does have a great sense of humor.
HalkatJawaniJay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Birthday Jay, you're the most humble and down to earth celebrity I have ever come across. I Love you very much there aren't enough droplets in ocean to measure my love. Happy Birthday once again baby, Keep Rocking like you always have.

@Angel-Jot you might wanna change his relationship status he already has a girlfriend that he confessed couple weeks back in his ustream to fans.

ksgforever10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
happy birthday jay sean...may you have an awesome birthday bash and hope you have a long life and much bigger success...keep smiling and love you...!!!
Edited by ksgforever10 - 13 years ago
she_ratchet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
~Happy Birthday Jay Sean !!~
Happy Birthday Jay !! I love you so much, you were the first male singer I crushed on. 😳 You are such a sweet person I love you! You have everything a girl wants and your voice cheers me up and what else can I say? When I met you the first time you were so sweet and that hug ..Oh how I will remember it !! I am coming to your concert soon again and I can't wait ! Meeting you is like my dreaam 😍 You are my heart throbber !! Your songs are awesome something I can relate to most of the time and you just rock my world. You seriously mkae every girl go down 😳 ! And on this day I hope you get the best in best cause that's what you deserve. May you be showered with hapiness and God's grace shine on you ! Enjoooyyyy !! I am your biggest fan ever and I have loved you since I was 13 .. I know you since you were in Riche Rich and you totally rockked tha too !! I hope you have tons of success ahead and a million of songs as well.
Lots of Kisses and Hugs
Shilpa aka Mrs. Jay Sean😳