Bandhe Ek Dor Se | Happy Rakshabandhan

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Celebrated in the Hindu month of Shravan, Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi Poornima marks the day a brother promises to protect his sister and the sister prays for his wellbeing. It's a celebration of the beautiful bond siblings share of love and companionship.

A sister ties a threaded amulet, called Rakhi, on her brother's wrist, and the brother, in return, gives her a gift.

But nowadays, many sisters tie Rakhis to each other, moving away from the gender roles of men being the protectors.

In Mahabharata, we can find the roots of Raksha Bandhan (which translates to a bond of protection); when Lord Krishna injured his palm, Draupadi, whom he considered his sister, tore off a piece of her saree to tie it around his wrist to stop the bleeding. Lord Krishna then promised to protect her and when the time came, he stood true to his promise.

When Dushashan was disrobing Draupadi, in full view of the assembly, Lord Krishna, with his divine powers, saved her honor by making his garment endless after she pleaded for his help.

In Srimad Bhagavatam, Lord Vishnu was impressed by the love and devotion of his devotee, Bali, who wished to become Lord Vishu's doorkeeper. Lord Vishu granted his wish. Goddess Lakshmi was worried and wanted to bring her husband back. So, she assumed the form of an elderly woman and went to Bali, asking for assistance by tying a thread around his arm. Bali then asked what he could give her in return, so she asked him to return her husband.

We, the crazy Creatives, wish all members of IF and their siblings (in the real world and the online world) a very Happy Raksha Bandhan. May this day strengthen your bond and love.

Edited by Leprechaun - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

A very happy Raksha Bandhan!

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

A very Happy Rakshabandhan!!.

kavya1994 thumbnail

Happy Raksha Bandhan ---🏵️---

x.titli.x thumbnail

Happy Rakshabandhan everyone, enjoysmiley31

priya185 thumbnail

Happy Rakshabandhan everyone

Nice write-up and tags by the creatives

Edited by priya185 - a month ago
Candylicious thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Happy Raksha Bandhan everyone20240818191827_1.jpg

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Happy Rakshabandhan everyone

Nice write-up and tags by the creatives

smiley31 Rakhi ki bahot bahut badhaiya behna!!

Hope you're doing good, Sunny! smiley27

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

My sisters and I also tie Rakhi to each other! I tie Rakhi to my neices as well! smiley27smiley27

1184330 thumbnail

A very Happy Rakshabandhan everyone! 🎉