Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
i watch indian dramas for that reason.. because i can make fun of even the most serious situation.. it helps me relax after a stressful day of classes..lol

on the rare occasion that i watch pakistani dramas with my nani, this is also what we've noticed:
indian drama shows indian culture whereas most paki dramas i've seen don't... when i was in lahore, u could hear the azaan from wherever you were and you could see people heading towards the washroom or gali to go to the masjid. there were people at ur house sometimes as early as 6-7 in the morning waking you up to sell u milk or vegis.. i sometimes wish they would show that in dramas (remember i haven't seen paki dramas in a while so im not sure anymore.. i'm just here to see what seems the most interesting)
now u may say pakistan has changed.. but who is going to believe that every indian woman gets up 4 in the morning to bath and pray! but people abroad are watching this.. it was a big let down to my mom who always said this hapens in pakistan and htis.. but when i saw it in dramas... pakistan is as westernized as america..

i hope i didnt offend anyone cuz im not saying one is better thann the other im just stating the difference and desire of pakistani dramas including culture in their show as well..
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: brainychild92

i watch indian dramas for that reason.. because i can make fun of even the most serious situation.. it helps me relax after a stressful day of classes..lol

on the rare occasion that i watch pakistani dramas with my nani, this is also what we've noticed:
indian drama shows indian culture whereas most paki dramas i've seen don't... when i was in lahore, u could hear the azaan from wherever you were and you could see people heading towards the washroom or gali to go to the masjid. there were people at ur house sometimes as early as 6-7 in the morning waking you up to sell u milk or vegis.. i sometimes wish they would show that in dramas (remember i haven't seen paki dramas in a while so im not sure anymore.. i'm just here to see what seems the most interesting)
now u may say pakistan has changed.. but who is going to believe that every indian woman gets up 4 in the morning to bath and pray! but people abroad are watching this.. it was a big let down to my mom who always said this hapens in pakistan and htis.. but when i saw it in dramas... pakistan is as westernized as america..

i hope i didnt offend anyone cuz im not saying one is better thann the other im just stating the difference and desire of pakistani dramas including culture in their show as well..

i agree with u ....pakistani dramas need to show more culture in their plays....however i think we dont see it because the dramas are usually 15 to 20 episodes long.... they cant show all that....indian soaps run forever.....so they show every little detail.....half of he show is sometimes a religious ritual.......but again.....i think we do need to show more culture......the only time we see religion in our dramas is when they show a middle class family.....like in daam .....they showed zara's mom praying shukrane kay nafil.....whereas in the upper class , namaz is not even mentioned.....even salaam is gone......they usually say Hi....and that really irks me.
iqbalslover thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
like everyone said pakistani serials are realistc ones than hindi serials
hindi serials never end and pakistani serials end in 2 or 3 months
pakistanis serials are already made before on airing them so no way of changing it. the leads have les make up, less jellwery and u can relate to them.
i do see culture in paki serials. mostly women praying or have tasbeeh in their hands.
pratigya was the only serial which started differently but after 3 months of the serial its going the same way saas bahu saga. saas plooting kitchen and house politics nothing new
what i have also noticed it after ptatigya success almso every 2nd serial is based on a gunda now.
the thing is they dont try to show something different but copy each others stories
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Day_Dreamer

Your reply made me🤣🤣!! SPOT ON!😆 Seems like you've quite an experience with hindi shows.😉I completely agree with you.

I think there are 2 biggest differences one is realism and another one is "romance". In the name of "love, romance" they have crossed all the limits, it seems there is no censor on hindi dramas. Whereas in Pak dramas have love stories too, romance.. but it is more realistic and it can clearly be FELT by the audience; unlike hindi dramas where romance, love is SEEN than FELT.

thats what the pakistani audience can relate to.....like the love story of zara and junaid in daam....there was no vulgarity, no holding hands no cheap dialogues.....but u could feel their connection...thats how it is in pakistan....people stay within limits...if the dramas show anything else , it would come across as fake...jabkay, in indian dramas, romance depends on touching, hugging, heavy breathing....songs and dance numbers....too filmy for my taste.
Ozymandias thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Im too lazy to read all the replies...but agree with Aliza.
The biggest difference has to be the length of the shows. Many indian shows start off good as well. But the soap format ruins it all...because the makers have to drag the show for 2-3 years somehow or the other. My fav indian show was Rishta.com, it was perfect from beginning to the end and a big reason was that it was a seasonal show..ended after some 20 odd episodes. The story was pre-planned and there was no need for drag at all. And this is where we excel, we stick to 20-30 episodes drama..the script written before hand ... and thus has quality!
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Day_Dreamer

Your reply made me🤣🤣!! SPOT ON!😆 Seems like you've quite an experience with hindi shows.😉I completely agree with you.

I think there are 2 biggest differences one is realism and another one is "romance". In the name of "love, romance" they have crossed all the limits, it seems there is no censor on hindi dramas. Whereas in Pak dramas have love stories too, romance.. but it is more realistic and it can clearly be FELT by the audience; unlike hindi dramas where romance, love is SEEN than FELT.

hehe truee!
Thank u Thank u
*bows head* LOL 😆
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: unhappyviewer

thats what the pakistani audience can relate to.....like the love story of zara and junaid in daam....there was no vulgarity, no holding hands no cheap dialogues.....but u could feel their connection...thats how it is in pakistan....people stay within limits...if the dramas show anything else , it would come across as fake...jabkay, in indian dramas, romance depends on touching, hugging, heavy breathing....songs and dance numbers....too filmy for my taste.

🤣
😆 lol truee!!
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well its not just about limited episode but Paki dramas always have a particular theme, purpose for that story...and yea they dun show illogical things like in indian soaps.....but i watch Indian serials too and even those r changing from saas bahu soaps to the comedy fun youth shows
HayyaKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
❤️well i think because Indian Serials run For long time like 2 years or may be long
and pakistani serials just have like about 15 and or the most could be 20 or 30 episodes❤️
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well i would say "realism" is the biggest difference...? what do guys say? because episode nr # is increasing in pakistani serials also... Except the novel based series... & but others like Tere Pehlu Mein .. etc... Or older Geo tv & Ary serials were at least at 100 someone went on to 200...

But then again we can see the difference... Novel based serials are shorter, they have a proper story & their liked more than other series...

So I saying that episode number is a big difference i wouldn't say so...

But yes realism is a very big difference...

-Laiba