The diffrence between Indian-Pakistani serials...?

.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Heey, guys this is probably my first topic here ever..
I had always wonder why and i wanted to open a topic and see what others mean about it...
So i'm a bit confused or curious u can say... We all watch some kind of India television like serials... then i mean any serial.. And it happens in indian television that if a serial has low TRP the show will shut down or be replaced and i've seen it happening with lots of serial... But theres notthing like that in pakistan ( & I'm extemely happy for that)... But what i'm wondering why do you think it's like that? Maybe Inda makes too many serials or something.. Do tell ur views...πŸ˜ƒ
Note: I'm not comparing the two countries or anything... I'm just a bit curious to know why it happnes there and not in Pak... Though i would like it to stay like that....😊 and please let this be a healthy discussion....
-Laiba

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Heyy Laiba 😊
Welcome to the forum...
Well, the biggest difference is ecsapism and realism!... our previous DOTW... pakistani serials are mostly extremely very close to reality... whether they show an elite class... lower middle class or Lower class people and/or families!
I think, Indian serials are tooooo fictitious... and people over there like it so they get TRPs... bt then.. yet again... same old stories... i mean have u ever seen a drama's story so relatable and same/similar in paki serials????? HARDLY any!
whereas most indian serials [not talking about all or youthbased...] they have the typical saas bahu story... and the girl/boy either of them has to be extremely rich... son/daughter of a HUGE HUGE industrialist... and the girl is poor... or the guy has to be poor... they have to get married forcefully... due 2 sumthing... or if theres a love marriage... they ought to get separated in the near future and we have to be ready for that...
i hardly hardly watch any indian serial now.. unlike previouslyy ... i just watch a few reality shows... thats it! πŸ˜†
Hope u gt my point =)
-Aliza- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with AfridiMalik..and one other point which I'd mention is that Pakistani serials are limited..they start off really well and end right when they should unlike the Indian shows where just to increase the number of episodes the story or the track is changed. All of them start off as if its a new story and at first some if them do have good stories but again the problem with the number of episodes ! After a year or so if you watch the same show it'd have different characters and a different story from what it started out to be..If only those serials would finish on time then they'd be better to watch as well..I simply hate this trend in India of a drama stretching up to 4, 5 years !

Originally posted by: -_AfridiMalik_-

Heyy Laiba 😊

Welcome to the forum...
Well, the biggest difference is ecsapism and realism!... our previous DOTW... pakistani serials are mostly extremely very close to reality... whether they show an elite class... lower middle class or Lower class people and/or families!
I think, Indian serials are tooooo fictitious... and people over there like it so they get TRPs... bt then.. yet again... same old stories... i mean have u ever seen a drama's story so relatable and same/similar in paki serials????? HARDLY any!
whereas most indian serials [not talking about all or youthbased...] they have the typical saas bahu story... and the girl/boy either of them has to be extremely rich... son/daughter of a HUGE HUGE industrialist... and the girl is poor... or the guy has to be poor... they have to get married forcefully... due 2 sumthing... or if theres a love marriage... they ought to get separated in the near future and we have to be ready for that...
i hardly hardly watch any indian serial now.. unlike previouslyy ... i just watch a few reality shows... thats it! πŸ˜†
Hope u gt my point =)

Hey,

Thanks... Sorry i missed that... i just noticed this forum... I thought there were no section like this on I-F...πŸ˜›

That's a act, and happy it's like that... Well thats true as u , mention it... i can't name one serial based on realism...πŸ˜• Well i think that clears the confusion...πŸ˜ƒ

Yup... Even that one serial who resembled Tahir-e-Lahooti aka Pratigya it turned totally into a saas-bahu serial... (even though i don't watch it)

Yup i get it... thanks for clearing some of the confusion...πŸ˜†Yup.... i don't watch any indianserial either... I did watch a youth based show but it ended...and whats let is Saas-Bahu dramas...πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ But i do watch Jhalak Dikla Jha... but on Hum tv...

btw whats ur name? πŸ€”

-Laiba

Edited by princez_94 - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Aliza..

Agree with AfridiMalik..and one other point which I'd mention is that Pakistani serials are limited..they start off really well and end right when they should unlike the Indian shows where just to increase the number of episodes the story or the track is changed. All of them start off as if its a new story and at first some if them do have good stories but again the problem with the number of episodes ! After a year or so if you watch the same show it'd have different characters and a different story from what it started out to be..If only those serials would finish on time then they'd be better to watch as well..I simply hate this trend in India of a drama stretching up to 4, 5 years !

Well i do agree Aliza... I think thats the biggest reason isn't it? I'm so happy that does not happen in Pakistan... In indian serials if a show runs 2 yrs they often they change the protagonist...

Pak dramas are doing very well.. But now pak is following behind... Like TPM it has been on air for along time now right...

-Laiba

Edited by princez_94 - 13 years ago
459718 thumbnail

Laiba you here....πŸ˜†Hii sweets.

biggest difference is realism, Indian serials are too much fiction and they sway one away from reality and lead them into this dillusional fictous world where everything would happen as they seem. Which is pure crap and than the saas bahu typical cliche shows are not entertaining one bit. Another difference between Pakistani and Indian dramas is that the ones in Pakistan run for a shorter time,as compared to the never ending stories that the Indian ones seem to run. Indain dramas are dragged and dragged until there is nothing left in them....which makes it unbearable to watch. Or the fact that Pakistani dramas are not so open in their content description, Thats how it is in our homes as well.
Same is the case with most indian homes as well, regarding conservatism, and I believe that in being overly open in their dramas, they misrepresent their society, since the indian media sees 'vulgarity' as advancement, whereas thats not the case.

Anyway ...I think Pakistani dramas are way better than Indian, except for an exception of one or two shows that i loved. Otherwise its the same old same!

by the way great topicc....πŸ‘πŸΌ

Sajjal

Edited by -Sajjal- - 13 years ago
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
With all the hype from some members on IF for Indian soaps I went off and watched a few episodes on NDTV imagine. My outcome to it all is that Indian dramas are hella sucky. No touch to relaity with their storylines, the women sleep and eat with make up, always dolled up with fancy sarees. Anyhow, I went back to watching Pakistani soaps, right now Rani beti raj karegi.
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
basically, pakistani dramas (most of them) are made with a spesific number of episodes in mind. They are suppose to tell a story from beginning to an end. They don't change the story midway just for the trps or to drag it. The ending is already decided, most of the dramas have already completed filming when they come on air and the actors have moved on to new projects.
-Aliza- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: princez_94

Well i do agree Aliza... I think thats the biggest reason isn't it? I'm so happy that does not happen in Pakistan... In indian serials if a show runs 2 yrs they often they change the protagonist...

Pak dramas are doing very well.. But now pak is following behind... Like TPM it has been on air for along time now right...

-Laiba

It is ! And yeah you're right about TPM..it looks just like an Indian serial..I wish Pakistani directors and writers wouldnt copy indian dramas..our way of making them is so much better ! But I guess the TRPs of TPM might have shown them its useless to copyπŸ˜›
-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -_AfridiMalik_-

Heyy Laiba 😊

Welcome to the forum...
Hope u gt my point =)

Your reply made me🀣🀣!! SPOT ON!πŸ˜† Seems like you've quite an experience with hindi shows.πŸ˜‰I completely agree with you.

I think there are 2 biggest differences one is realism and another one is "romance". In the name of "love, romance" they have crossed all the limits, it seems there is no censor on hindi dramas. Whereas in Pak dramas have love stories too, romance.. but it is more realistic and it can clearly be FELT by the audience; unlike hindi dramas where romance, love is SEEN than FELT.