Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
I loved Geet's dialogues. She made several important points which I'll try to cover below.

She asked her bro why can she not marry again when the society Brij belongs to allows men to do so. Although it is strictly not comparable because her first marriage was never valid and she is indeed getting married for the first time, she still drove the knife where it would hurt. What is good for the gander should also be good for the goose, shouldn't it?

She said she is proud to be a mother, to be able to bring a life into this world. She does not feel ashamed to admit to the world her motherhood status. Another important point to a society which readily blames an unmarried woman who has the misfortune to get pregnant but the guilty father is never question. What's more the child is illegitimate as though it is its fault to come into existence. If anything it is the parents who are illegitimate, not the child.

She said that her child has a father who will give it all that it needs and named Maan as that father. It is the first time she is proclaiming to the world that Maan would be the father of her child although it is understood, because all those assembled already knew she was pregnant with Dev's child. This should set Maan's mind to rest since he felt he would not make a good father especially after the sauna incident when he chose her over the baby. The message to the society is that a man other than the biological father can also make a good parent, if not a better parent, than the one who dupes his so-called wife and runs off with her money.

When she is accused of leaving her family she admits it saying that she chose to be independent and make a life for herself. She has the right to make her choices and follow her heart. Most women suffer in silence the injustice meted to them because of the sense of duty towards their children. Her call is to those women who are unable or unwilling to break their shackles and live their lives on their terms to do so.

She speaks against domestic violence. She speaks against narrow minded people who think women are puppets who are treated worse than animals or slaves, locked up in rooms, beaten up, threatened to be killed, all because they decided to speak up against the archaic societal rules and false family honour.

In all this she did not fail to acknowledge the contribution of her saviour, her mentor and her would-be life partner. If it had not been for Maan she would not have been alive both in the physical and figurative sense. She proudly announced to the world that she has her Ma(a)n with her and she wants nothing else. Nothing or nobody can come between them for they started their relationship on the basis of truth. Today she is reaping the rich rewards of what she sowed by way of truth when she told her man that she was pregnant before she admitted her love for him. The lesson here is any relationship based on truth and honesty need not fear of dangers from outside forces.

Geet is an ambassador for all those women who have been wronged but are too weak to protest. She is the beacon of hope for the several nameless, faceless women who are resigned to their fate. She is the breath of life for those women leading a lifeless existence, thanks to a warped society which is still highly parochial. She is the pride of all mothers who aspire to give the child the best in life, depending only on their own self confidence and will to survive. When she left HP she did not know that she will meet and get Maan's support. She left not knowing the future and yet willing to risk it all for her baby. The baby has now become even more indispensable than before. Hope the CVs remember this right up to the very end.

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Me also had problem with this line: Aur yeh haq mujhe Maan se mila hai.'

shonuu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
first thing that geet should do after marriage....

discard all aladin pants and white shoes of maan....

cacoethes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ISHMART move that they showed Geet picking that bluetooth up and screaming for Maan......usually in soaps things like that dont happen 🤣 i know i am soooooooolowwwwwwwww in watching the epi but i am multitasking and my hands are numb as always🤣
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Winoma:Somewhere the dialogue is true and she is just being honest there...when she says "MSK gave me the right to live"...she is telilng the truth in a rather practical way becuase its true that in HP she would hv died if MSK had not saved her life in the jungle...after that only she started living her life independently...I like this fact about Geet,...she speaks with honesty and doesn't believe in giving bhashans like Tulsi or Parvati ...she spoke what is the truth there😊
Edited by jyoti06 - 13 years ago
Sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@ daaku I like the look MSK gives brij went he grabs his hand but the rest of the fight was not shot well
DD was fab today and Brij too I agree
I love Daadi for telling off NES too and for looking proud when Geet stood up for herself but esp the telling off, I hope MSK tells her off too
-RD- thumbnail

Originally posted by: shali

Agreed....it wasn't good....cause she always had that right....nobody can give it to you.....

should have said: MSK thought her to fight for her right.....

It was fumbled the dialogue but may be she meant that since MSK had saved her life so many times her life itself was in his hands and to live it on her own terms she has got that right from Maan
MishtyShona thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: jyoti06

@An:The fight was rushed up...I think they din't hv any action director..so just went random with filmy 60s style dhishoom dhishoom🤣🤣

U know i feel they should have brij attack MSK too, i was hopping for a kaante ki takkar with both out to rip each other apart... But here only MSK was doing all the action...

Lagta hain Maan ko shehazade ki tarah deekh kar Brij ko phir see usse pyaar ho gaya...😆😆😆😆😆
maansa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shonuu

Maan to Brij: itni pitai karon ga ke aaj ke baad tu pagdi pehn'ne se pehle 100 baar soche ga..
🤣

shonuuuuu ....i cant stop laughing 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Opti thumbnail
An, whether you like it or not, it was Maan who first asked her to fight her own battles. If it had not been for his encouragement she would have still been the scared girl in HP, getting beaten up or may even be dead by now.