Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Posted: 13 days ago

Hello Mrina,

I hesitated to bring this up, but I feel it’s necessary to address some serious concerns regarding forum moderation. It seems there’s an inconsistency in how issues are handled. Some members complain over minor remarks while they themselves engage in direct insults. Where was the moderation when the people we blocked took screenshots of our conversations and discussed them in other threads? Isn't that a personal attack? Yet, aside from a DT note in the thread, no significant action was taken.

Furthermore, a random individual, who doesn't know us personally, accused us of being supporters of rap**t behavior. Isn't that an extreme form of harassment and personal attack? Still, no actions were taken against this person, only a blanket warning was issued. When faced with such behavior, how do you expect others to respond? Why should we remain silent? Is it because we are fewer in number and newer to the forum?

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

Reporting cannot happen if the problematic members are blocked. You just see the names and move past them. For all you know they could be talking about you, which is something that has happened and people have pointed out. Posts taken (again, screenshots because they can’t be quoted) and discussed at length in various threads despite the blocking feature. That literally counts as stalking? Anyway, it’s a problem.

If a two way block feature becomes an automatic thing that will also help. In any case, the feature is still extremely helpful and might help out others too if they would care to use it. It exists for a reason. The post you quoted mentions “conveniently blocked” - which is spot on. It’s convenient. Its easy. What’s stopping people from using it? Especially since so many asked for it? For ages ? Or are we deluding ourselves into thinking people will “learn?”

This is the only thing that is working / and will work for this place. It just needs to be improved on a bit.

Nope, it's not working. The person you have blocked, you won't see their messages but they can still view your's . They can't quote you but they can still view it. That's how screenshots of our convos where taken n as far as I remember your's n virgos comments SS were being discussed and trolled in another thread openly .I myself have reported it , except editing those comments no actions were taken .We didn't even know about it for a long time. Who knows what were they doing before we realised it?

I have now unblocked all of them bcoz of this , I have no trust on these kind of people. They can resort to any level to prove their point.

Edited by nightingale1234 - 12 days ago

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Nope, it's not working. The person you have blocked, you won't see their messages but they can still view your's . They can't quote you but they can still view it. That's how screenshots of our convos where taken n as far as I remember your's n virgos comments SS were being discussed and trolled in another thread openly .I myself have reported it , except editing those comments no actions were taken .We didn't even know about it for a long time. Who knows what were they doing before we realised it?

I have now unblocked all of them bcoz of this , I have no trust on these kind of people. They can resort to any level to prove their point.

The feature is faulty yes, but it’s still amazing if you want to totally cut off from the toxicity. I was surprised to find out what folks were up to and wouldn’t have found out if it weren’t for others, but I would say it still helps a lot.

But seeing the same folks who’ve crossed the line plenty of times come here and talk about personal attacks is weird. Just yesterday they were liking posts calling people from a certain fandom “m*rital r*pe supporters” and calling it their kink. When called out, that person went back and edited the comments. So you see, there is a difference between arguing and just pure hate. This is a shared space. Give the respect that you expect to get from others first. Otherwise if you can’t tolerate 3-4 people posting, the block option is readily available.

Just yesterday someone was mentioning how they have to suffer through the same fandom‘s content in every thread. Even when no rules are being broken. If you don’t like the content, simply move on. And post your own? Is it our fault that we have content and want to discuss it? The entire tour could have been posted on the updates thread but we stuck to the appreciation thread only. Phir bhi maslay hain 🤷‍♀️ Some non-issue or the other will always be brought up and presented as an issue smiley21

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Hello Mrina,

I hesitated to bring this up, but I feel it’s necessary to address some serious concerns regarding forum moderation. It seems there’s an inconsistency in how issues are handled. Some members complain over minor remarks while they themselves engage in direct insults. Where was the moderation when the people we blocked took screenshots of our conversations and discussed them in other threads? Isn't that a personal attack? Yet, aside from a DT note in the thread, no significant action was taken.

Furthermore, a random individual, who doesn't know us personally, accused us of being supporters of rap**t behavior. Isn't that an extreme form of harassment and personal attack? Still, no actions were taken against this person, only a blanket warning was issued. When faced with such behavior, how do you expect others to respond? Why should we remain silent? Is it because we are fewer in number and newer to the forum?

Forgot to tag all the mods so quoting here.

Thank you.

Regards,

N

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: tgota92

The feature is faulty yes, but it’s still amazing if you want to totally cut off from the toxicity. I was surprised to find out what folks were up to and wouldn’t have found out if it weren’t for others, but I would say it still helps a lot.

But seeing the same folks who’ve crossed the line plenty of times come here and talk about personal attacks is weird. Just yesterday they were liking posts calling people from a certain fandom “m*rital r*pe supporters” and calling it their kink. When called out, that person went back and edited the comments. So you see, there is a difference between arguing and just pure hate. This is a shared space. Give the respect that you expect to get from others first. Otherwise if you can’t tolerate 3-4 people posting, the block option is readily available.

Just yesterday someone was mentioning how they have to suffer through the same fandom‘s content in every thread. Even when no rules are being broken. If you don’t like the content, simply move on. And post your own? Is it our fault that we have content and want to discuss it? The entire tour could have been posted on the updates thread but we stuck to the appreciation thread only. Phir bhi maslay hain 🤷‍♀️ Some non-issue or the other will always be brought up and presented as an issue smiley21

No one owns any thread to tell others what to post. This is clearly stated in the forum rules and the recent DT notes as well. Just like they discuss in CC ,media updates we are also entitled to discuss anything we want. Me, you or anyone can discuss in those threads . If people have problem with that they either should use block feature or learn to deal with it. Taking screenshots of the comments done by others in lollywood thread n going n openly posting n discussing about it in CC is a clear case of misconduct. Accusing people as rap*st supporters just because they have difference of opinion comes under personal attack n such kind of attacks warrant temporary n permanent bans as per IF rules. Rules can't or shouldn't be changed just bcoz few people are veterans here. Call a spade a spade n any sort of actions being taken should be equal n fair. I have even seen people attacking mods just because the said mod also likes a certain actor that these people don't approve. I m amazed to see people attacking mods n yet no actions being taken against anybody. No wonder they use such abusive words n make derogatory remarks without any fear.

Hi Mrina,

The block feature has been initiated with a good intention but there are group of people who have been continuously bypassing it & have been stating barrage of nonsensical statements against us.

These come under Intentional Name Calling basically. They always initiate this and end up playing the victim card when we retaliate.

And let me reiterate that I am not going to keep quiet bcs of their pressure. I will endure this till a certain time & if keeps on breaching a certain line then the concerned people should also be ready to face the music.

If these people really understood the meaning of personal opinion then the entire fiasco of TB vs other dramas or Yumna vs Non-Yumna would have never started in the first place in this forum.

What kind of pathetic thought process they have that only 1 group is allowed for incessant attacks against other forum members, all other actresses, actors & their shows but I, in retaliation is not even allowed to say against their favorite actor or show and them.

Is this some Joke or circus going on here ??

Coming to MR, I stand by it. Since you might have gone through the comments you will understand the meaning & the intention of the statement that I wrote there.

Also, If calling spade a spade needs to be done, then my statement should be considered as correct too.

And lastly them calling us Jobless, murder, stalking, identity theft supporter should be called out as well. These come under PERSONAL ATTACK even when they don't know anything about us with no personal connections at all. Still they made all those comments based on their own assumptions !!!!! Making a joke & attacking someone on basis of employment opportunity is NOT FUNNY !!

This forum belongs to all. If they can post whatever they feel like then they should also have the bare minimum understanding that the rule applies to others too & not be simply cry babies when we retaliate because of their constant barrage of negative comments against us....

Thanks ..

Edited by Mona_HappyLife - 12 days ago
Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Neutral Nomads

As usual fewer in number, why block feature is not being used.

Arey bhai nobody asked for block feature except some and they are using it as per their convenience by blocking and unblocking to just read posts in continuity smiley36

You cannot force everyone to use this feature even. Tho claims were made that we are at peace since it came , which I don’t see anywhere. Posts are read and reactions come all the timesmiley36

Many things are posed just to insinuate the other people and yet come here and play victim card.

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Even after the safayi abhiyaan. I have some posts over here which are talking about other’s preference or opinion. IMG_3339.jpeg

Who is this person referring to as most of them talk about and why pointing objection to what they discuss?
secondly who is setting the bar low for other actors? And if they are doing so how is that a problem? They are doing it for their own favs why are you bothered and taunting about it?
IMG_3341.jpeg

Place of insecurity? It ain’t personal anymore? Well when they can call jobless insecure and what not to other members openly this is not too low. Also I am not sure what happened about those jobless comments which was passed by whimsical whizz.

IMG_3340.jpeg
Double standards of people? Exactly which people? For me this is personal till specific names aren’t mentioned about whom this is being said?

so this is what is being there after the thread being checked, I think before thread cleaning there would have been more such stuff.

I don’t know what action or measure is being taken but they have problem if someone says anything to their favourite and earlier moderation was so bad that they just used to throw any comment against related to certain actor in vault. But these personal comments have always been started by that side. Some users also used to say you will get karma and this that, which is so low.

Also to people who called out some wahaj solos as not real wahaj fans, someone from the same fandom used to post disgusting things about maya and wahaj labelling him as someone who is cheating and also some pics of maya wahaj together. Name calling maya and character assassinating her.

Who’s allowed to call anyone a real fan or non fan over here?

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

IMG_3342.jpeg

Azekah was never dragged or made fun of , this person right here has her own agendas. The character ayra was always talked about, so was mubashira’s character talked about. We ain’t crying as long as it sticks to it.
nobody is as desperate to talk about mein a show which was a disaster to them.

I have issues with moderation and also with how the block feature is being used conveniently to stalk and also how personal comments have never been taken care of.

Originally posted by: Arreyaar

IMG_3342.jpeg

Azekah was never dragged or made fun of , this person right here has her own agendas. The character ayra was always talked about, so was mubashira’s character talked about. We ain’t crying as long as it sticks to it.
nobody is as desperate to talk about mein a show which was a disaster to them.

I have issues with moderation and also with how the block feature is being used conveniently to stalk and also how personal comments have never been taken care of.

This person keeps taking sly digs on ayeza and her character Mubashira every now and then in every other posts comparing her to her favourite.

And then conveniently blames us for dragging azekahsmiley39when all we did was dislike her character in character in the show, and don't even talk about her since the show ended in Feb.

But she is continuously talking about mj and ayeza not just here but on every sm platform every other week though the show ended months back, proves who's more obsessed, pressed, insecure and jobless.

Edited by Rashi23 - 12 days ago