Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: awida

I didn't know TCM is inspired by STK. I have to check it.

Yes.. STK was depressing. But romantic. And great romance comes with sad endings only. But this don't take out from their beauty.

Yes even I felt bad for saru

minakrish thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Fawad did only 2 movies and a cameo. His 1st movie was a flop, in the 2nd he played a 2nd lead. That's all.

Saba did only one movie. To make a mark and to make a big name you need to work in many successfull movies, which none of Pakistani actors did.

Mahira did Raees, Fawad also did ADHM. They would have worked in more movies if the political scenario wasn't bad and there was a ban put on Pakistani artists.

Also, Ali Zafar has done a few movies in Bollywood too.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Fawad did only 2 movies and a cameo. His 1st movie was a flop, in the 2nd he played a 2nd lead. That's all.

Saba did only one movie. To make a mark and to make a big name you need to work in many successfull movies, which none of Pakistani actors did.

I think Fawad did not leave an impact through a conventional way, which is about playing film ka first hero and box office receipts.

He seemed to have been very tight with the bigwigs of BW like KJO. He walked the ramp with Deepika I remember. He was being considered for Shahid's role in Padmawat by Bhansali. Bhansali also mentioned his name in the context of Heera Mandi when he was planning to make it as a film. I think people saw potential there.

So people remember his impact in terms of what could have been rather than what actually there was,

Edited by hypnotoad - 1 months ago
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: minakrish

Mahira did Raees, Fawad also did ADHM. They would have worked in more movies if the political scenario wasn't bad and there was a ban put on Pakistani artists.

Also, Ali Zafar has done a few movies in Bollywood too.

Mahira has only one movie : Raees.

What I mean is that we don't know if they got the chance to work in more movies they would've succeeded. There are many Indian actors who started their careers with a hit or 2.. then they failed to leave a mark. Saba , Mahira and even Mawra and Sajal did a movie each.. but that's not enough to leave a long lasting mark in the industry.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

What I mean is that we don't know if they got the chance to work in more movies they would've succeeded. There are many Indian actors who started their careers with a hit or 2.. then they failed to leave a mark. Saba , Mahira and even Mawra and Sajal did a movie each.. but that's not enough to leave a long lasting mark in the industry.

I remember everyone praised Mawra's acting In STK

minakrish thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

They would have got more work for sure because there are people in the intustry who give work to credible actors. That being said, would they have taken up smaller projects here in India instead of big banner films? No clue.smiley22

As you said, there is no way to know anything and specially after the ban, there is no way we'll find out either.smiley24

awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I think Fawad did not leave an impact through a conventional way, which is about playing film ka first hero and box office receipts.

He seemed to have been very tight with the bigwigs of BW like KJO. He walked the ramp with Deepika I remember. He was being considered for Shahid's role in Padmawat by Bhansali. Bhansali also mentioned his name in the context of Heera Mandi when he was planning to make it as a film. I think people saw potential there.

So people remember his impact in terms of what could have been rather than what actually there was,

Exactly. Also Fawad has his resterictions. He didn't want to do intimate scenes, which is a must for new actors , he was expected to be a new star , he is very handsome and popular.. but success in Bollywood needs more than these qualities.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

Exactly. Also Fawad has his resterictions. He didn't want to do intimate scenes, which is a must for new actors , he was expected to be a new star , he is very handsome and popular.. but success in Bollywood needs more than these qualities.

it’s not a must in BW movies..there are many movies without intimate scenes..Fawad has an X factor besides being just another good looking face or good looking actor..I think he would have made waves. Khoobsurat was a stupid movie but came at the right time post ZGH craze in India. He was fabulous in Kapoor and Sons. Also it was still pre-Covid era so there were more human emotions and slice of life kinda movies being made for cinema and not OTT. Now I don’t think it’s possible for him or any new actor in general to get a big cinematic movie straight away ..because people are only coming out to watch pre-established superstars in a visual extravaganza. Even if he does work in BW through international productions..it will be an OTT release or a cameo in big movies.
awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: minakrish

They would have got more work for sure because there are people in the intustry who give work to credible actors. That being said, would they have taken up smaller projects here in India instead of big banner films? No clue.smiley22

As you said, there is no way to know anything and specially after the ban, there is no way we'll find out either.smiley24

Why won't they take small projects? Their contemperories do.. that's how Sushant , Ayushman and others made a name.

Saying this.. I don't really feel sad they didn't do more movies, coz I am more of a drama fan than a movie fan. smiley9

minakrish thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Why won't they take small projects? Their contemperories do.. that's how Sushant , Ayushman and others made a name.

Saying this.. I don't really feel sad they didn't do more movies, coz I am more of a drama fan than a movie fan. smiley9

Haha, I love movies and OTT shows. I do not watch much of TV nowadays unless there is a Pakistani Drama that has some stellar reviews.smiley9

It would definitely be nice to see Sajal, Mahira, Mawra and Saba in the Indian Industry.

I'm glad Fawad and Sanam are open to OTT shows. Barzakh is also technically an Indian produced project though the cast and director are Pakistani. They are also doing Shandoor which is also produced by SonyLIV which is an Indian platform as well.