Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

smiley36first and only time I agree with Vanga, busting these agenda dhari bots

I keep saying the most ironic part is they have done many things for Ranbirs agenda but since he picked a director they don’t like they tried to take a moral ground smiley36

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I keep saying the most ironic part is they have done many things for Ranbirs agenda but since he picked a director they don’t like they tried to take a moral ground smiley36

smiley36Bazingasmiley40

You got it. 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Perhaps you can explain better why folks are getting riled up? 

Speaking for myself

- I have never advocated for censorship and will always fight against censorship of any kind

- I do not believe in restricting anyone's right to choose, and I will always defend people's right to choose

I am merely expressing why I find something morally objectionable. What is wrong with me or anyone else sharing their opinions on what they find problematic about Animal? 

For me, questions like is this politically correct, is this morally appropriate, and what impact does this have on society is an invitation to a constructive discussion on how we view cinema in a cultural context. 

People have every right to get offended with an orange bikini, or phone sex, or women smoking and drinking, or depiction of homosexuality. And I have a right to disagree with them. I take that as an opportunity to have a debate on ethics, morality, and the cultural dissection of cinema. Of course, the younger me on this forum would have been riled up with the perceived judgment. And sometimes, I still do get carried away. 

But the point is that I have the willingness to defend my moral choices and engage in moral discussion. And I am able to step away if the discussion isn't constructive. The only place I draw the line is if anyone calls for censorship - because, as I said, I am against censorship of any kind. 

So the question is - when I say the movie animal is morally reprehensible and I question the morals of people who enjoy it - why should it bother anyone? Why is there this unwillingness to engage with the morality of it all?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the problematic aspects of animal 

And there is nothing wrong with not liking a movie / expressing disdain for it either 

But if you want to question the morals ppl who liked it ….then that is why I said that some ppl do not watch films with the same lens as you ..not everyone views cinema with societal impact and moral correctness in mind …and that is ok …to each his own…questioning it implies there is a “correct” way to view films …and that imo, leads to the excessive censorship 

There is absolutely no engaging with morality when watching a film as far as I’m concerned …I’m not watching amar chitra katha expecting a moral at the end …I’m watching to be intrigued, entertained and purely looking at it as a story that is being told …not a story that is implying something against a certain community, a story that is telling u what to do, or a story where u imagine urself as a hero or idolise the hero 

I don’t expect to have takeaways from it or be enlightened …

Edited by pathaka - 4 months ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: pathaka

There is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the problematic aspects of animal 

And there is nothing wrong with not liking a movie / expressing disdain for it either 

But if you want to question the morals ppl who liked it ….then that is why I said that some ppl do not watch films with the same lens as you ..not everyone views cinema with societal impact and moral correctness in mind …and that is ok …to each his own…questioning it implies there is a “correct” way to view films …and that imo, leads to the excessive censorship 

There is absolutely no engaging with morality when watching a film as far as I’m concerned …I’m not watching amar chitra katha expecting a moral at the end …I’m watching to be intrigued, entertained and purely looking at it as a story that is being told …not a story that is implying something against a certain community, a story that is telling u what to do, or a story where u imagine urself as a hero or idolise the hero 

I don’t expect to have takeaways from it or be enlightened …

Too much irrelevant discussion, a lot of people aren't addressing the ...

actual content of the movie because they haven't watched the movie smiley4

Watched the movie yet?