Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 months ago

It is now impossible for Animal to reach Kabir Singh's footfalls.Public didn't follow the numbers and were surprised at its BO.That film worked, because it was perhaps a better made film

So what lessons are to be learnt from thissmiley22. Vanga pimped his hero into doing nude scenes for what.How far is RK willing to go for his next.

Vanga knows..and he also knows that there is no turning back now.He simply has to go down the path he has chosen.He is  desperately trying hard to justify his last film, because if he doesn't make his next film dirtier..his film will flop.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

The turns this topic has taken. It’s not okay to pass casual psychoanalytical judgments on members. 

Woh Toh Everyday Hota Hai smiley36

Edited by Maroonporsche - 5 months ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: you2

It is now impossible for Animal to reach Kabir Singh's footfalls.Public didn't follow the numbers and were surprised at its BO.That film worked, because it was perhaps a better made film

So what lessons are to be learnt from thissmiley22. Vanga pimped his hero into doing nude scenes for what.How far is RK willing to go for his next.

Vanga knows..and he also knows that there is no turning back now.He simply has to go down the path he has chosen.He is  desperately trying hard to justify his last film, because if he doesn't make his next film dirtier..his film will flop.

Watched the movie? smiley4

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Anupama and Masand have always been in the business of interviewing stars.  And they have given unfavorable reviews to a movie or its actors after having interviewed the star or makers of it.  Vanga isn’t being singled out here.  He’s just trying to present himself as something extra special or important.  

If one wants to argue that it’s a conflict of interest for Anupama and Masand to do both interviews and reviews then that’s a separate debate.  Incidentally they’re not the only ones either who do reviews and interviews.  

100% Vanga isn’t the princess snowflake he pretends to be, but I think he was just pointing out the interest they took in him before the movie released and the degree of subjectivity in their reviews without covering the technical aspects of the movie. 

I bought this up because the video that’s going viral doesn’t cover the preceding 15-30 seconds and that gives context. 

Honestly, I dont know about conflict of interest in people doing both reviews and interviews but I think there’s something to be said about doing both aspects of your job well and maybe that’s where the dissatisfaction comes from… like don’t seem so kiss ass-y in interviews and then turn around and become a hard ass! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Vanga is stoking the fire to people that love "liberal tears" 

He's actually using the disdain people developed for the "isms" to his full advance.

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Novarieaa

Vanga is stoking the fire to people that love "liberal tears" 

He's actually using the disdain people developed for the "isms" to his full advance.

Seems to be a similar non-vanga jealous scenario that played out before and during the Pathaan movie release? smiley4

Edited by rckRadhe - 5 months ago
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Woh Toh Everyday Hota Hai smiley36

Maybe we can have essays on this 

https://www.reddit.com/r/tollywood/s/L321drr2sq

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: TakingAStand2

100% Vanga isn’t the princess snowflake he pretends to be, but I think he was just pointing out the interest they took in him before the movie released and the degree of subjectivity in their reviews without covering the technical aspects of the movie. 

I bought this up because the video that’s going viral doesn’t cover the preceding 15-30 seconds and that gives context. 

Honestly, I dont know about conflict of interest in people doing both reviews and interviews but I think there’s something to be said about doing both aspects of your job well and maybe that’s where the dissatisfaction comes from… like don’t seem so kiss ass-y in interviews and then turn around and become a hard ass! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

But isn’t this what objectivity is all about?  Interviewing a filmmaker as an interviewer and still judging their movie as a critic?  

Being nice and polite during an interview is not a prelude to giving a positive review.  

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

But isn’t this what objectivity is all about?  Interviewing a filmmaker as an interviewer and still judging their movie as a critic?  

Being nice and polite during an interview is not a prelude to giving a positive review.  

@bold: do they have the said objectivity though is the real question. Are you sure they critic their friends’ or big stars’ movies the same way they would write off the other movies? I still remember Anupama’s review of befikre. Why befikre, just take the recent Pathaan’s review and how she wasn’t able to find enough words to praise the ‘masterpiece’.