Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

She’s literally passing the “critisism” that sultan should have been a story abt arpha 🤦‍♀️
The entire arc of sultan is a guy who learns after his downfall and in the end even symbolically fights his own self to overcome his deamons …if she can’t even analyse cut and dry story telling like that ….why even is she being paid to review 

She’s been getting away with this for 7 and half years it seems like smiley36

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Also saw someone talking about Anupama's review of A Wednesday on Reddit and looked it up. It's something smiley36  

https://archive.ph/20130129175332/http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_review.aspx?lang=hindi&id=338&moviename=A++Wednesday+

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I haven’t seen Animal so I won’t bother defending his style of cinema, but dude at least has guts to fully call out those 2rs critics by NAME. KJo recently shaded Ritesh Deshmukh and even he didn’t have the guts to call him out directly. Nice to see someone do it tbh, even if i’ll never like his style of movies.

UniqueChaos thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

But he’s educated? I bet he hasn’t finished high school 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Although, the critics mentioned have valid criticisms, it feels rich coming from Vanga. 

I don't think SRV is that brilliant of a filmmaker. Sure he has his strengths. His action set pieces are creative, imaginative, and fresh. He extracts an extreme ruggedness from otherwise softboy romantic actors (Shahid and Ranbir). But a few great action set pieces and an aggressive male character do not make a good movie. 

While I have not seen Animal, many people have pointed out a lack of cohesion in the narrative. The scenes abruptly shift to a different tone and event. Sub plots are introduced that never get resolved. There is an extreme abandonment of logic and social norms to accomodate the action sequences. 

There's a lot for him to work on. 

SRV is just a petty petty manchild prone to massive tantrums. He is incapable of accepting his massive box office success gratefully and instead obsesses over the critics who do not like his content. He made an entire movie simply to get back and critics and offend the sensitive. It's childish and he needs to grow up and show some maturity. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I watched his interview with Faridoon. He still seems butthurt about the critics criticizing his movies. smiley36 Gawd this is one petty director I’ve seen. 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Faridoon is so much in shocksmiley36

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1EiZr0p1ZA/?igsh=MjM0N2Q2NDBjYg==

Edited by Bekind - 5 months ago
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: pathaka

…that’s not a decision u get to make on behalf of everyone, sadly ..

.arshad warsi, aparshakti khurrana recently went in a Roundtable for actors where they claimed to love the film and the way it’s scenes were done …allu arjun (national award winning actor btw) gave the film a glowing review …so did Telugu actor nani, so did madhur bhandarkar, so did kunal kohli, so did  Trisha…so did rgv…

Back during kabir Singh, several directors from rajamouli to kjo praised vangas ability as a director…

So turning a completely blind eye to / mocking any positive discourse abt the film or the filmmaker and attributing it’s success solely to mysoginy,  is also not reasoning one can argue with 

He’s making a blanket statement abt Anupama, Sucharita and Masand based on the reviews they have given his films so far (collectively got kabir Singh and animal)…where the focus was extensively fixated on the moral standpoint of the film…and no such fixations happened in some of their other reviews for filmmakers they like …it’s a valid point and valid expectation for a critic to be objective ….because I have seen them gush abt such “morally bankrupt” cinema before …

Um, where am I making the decision for others? I was solely speaking for myself and other reviews I have read for this film which I also shared on the BO thread on the forum during the first week of its release. 

Whatever positive attention the movie is garnering cannot be taken away by any critic or the audience who happen to dislike the film though. Negative reviews can coexist with positive reviews. If all those directors and actors have praised his work, then good for Vanga. But must that mean that a negative review shouldn't be entertained just because a Allu Arjun or Rajamouli praised his work? That's bull. The film is a success at the end of the day. Now what reason a section of audience or critics attribute to it is not something he or his crew can control though. Like Gadar 2 was said was BB because it spoke to the RW sentiment and nationalist audience, same with TKF, and many others. But does that mean he'll fight every critic and audience and abuse them? And most of the stuff is not unfounded either. There really are theaters full of guys wanting to see this because they want to stick it to feminists, or watch raunchy scenes. It's not a shocker. 

@Bold - Now that just means he's carrying a vendetta when he's bringing up the reviews from KS. If he were to see Animal reviews alone, I still maintain that the reviews have been about the movie alone. The critics can be phony and you can make out who are their friends with their reviews alone but nobody psychoanalysed him this time. Even Anupama who he challenged and rather gave a rude interview to, praised the movie in her review at few points she liked. She was balanced this time. Although he's taking the criticism of his movie, as a personal criticism of himself. He himself is not objective, he's still out there defending Rannvijay instead of saying it's a flawed character. 

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/s/ee1gjudp80

Watched this longer video on Reddit 

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

The 10 second clip on twitter paints a much different light than the full video. Writing moralistic essays on essays on 10 sec clips has become such a trend.