Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: Schrute

In our parents and grandparents era Marriage was governed by strict caste laws. Baki in same caste we have gotras to detect lineage. Baki now it has become pretty much relaxed. Urban settings me people are getting marrying inter-caste. That's pretty much normal now.

True. Caste issue is really receeding, especially in urban areas. As long as you guys belong to the same socio-economic class, you will be fine.

roopshas1 thumbnail

Ohh, wow that's a new thing. We don't have rakhee brothers like that. We only tie rakhi to our cousins, and if some bhaiya is there whom we call bhaiya ekdum bachpan se toh we tie them rakhis. And that bond is rarely breached. Not anyone i know of. Rest, i do have rakhi brothers who are school friend , or college friend and tht is also very consensual. Aise jabardasti nahi , and even parents don't force us to tie rakhi to anyone. Its mostly blood-related cousins only.( Ab yeh baat alag hai hhat wo smae rakhii brother is eyeing you secretly, then it becomes creepy i think). ( I think agar ek baar bhaiya bol diya to maryiage ka scene mushqil hi hota hai)

See. It is creepy right? If your rakhi sibling has an eye for you?

The other category is the forced category. It is a rejection tactic. Tum mere bhai jaise ho just does not cut it with some guys and you have to force them into accepting that now you are really ineligible for anything more. Good, because now even they cannot cut their hands or something stupid like that and do drama because they will get their ass kicked for harassing their rakhi sibling then.

roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

I liked reading your discussions about marriages and cousin marriages.

One thing which made me surprised while watching Pakistani dramas is that cousin marriages are common. I thought only in villages and small towns cousin marriages are norm. But it turned out that even in cities cousin marriages are preferable. smiley3

3 of my siblings got married to their cousins. But this is because our parents are from a small town . In cities ppl tend to make different relationships and love marriages are common. That's why I thought the same is happening in Pakistan.

I see. It is so nice to know about different cultures. I didn't know that love marriages are common in Yemen. smiley27

roopshas1 thumbnail

Ohh, wow that's a new thing. We don't have rakhee brothers like that. We only tie rakhi to our cousins, and if some bhaiya is there whom we call bhaiya ekdum bachpan se toh we tie them rakhis. And that bond is rarely breached. Not anyone i know of. Rest, i do have rakhi brothers who are school friend , or college friend and tht is also very consensual. Aise jabardasti nahi , and even parents don't force us to tie rakhi to anyone. Its mostly blood-related cousins only.( Ab yeh baat alag hai hhat wo smae rakhii brother is eyeing you secretly, then it becomes creepy i think). ( I think agar ek baar bhaiya bol diya to maryiage ka scene mushqil hi hota hai)

Seriously. Ek baar bhaiya bol diya to marriage ya romance scene is difficult or even creepy at times.

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: roopshas1

See. It is creepy right? If your rakhi sibling has an eye for you?

The other category is the forced category. It is a rejection tactic. Tum mere bhai jaise ho just does not cut it with some guys and you have to force them into accepting that now you are really ineligible for anything more. Good, because now even they cannot cut their hands or something stupid like that and do drama because they will get their ass kicked for harassing their rakhi sibling then.

Hahaha, that is basically brozoning guys because apparently they cannot take rejection..

I don't think it's a cultural thing, it's more of a safety precaution so that they don't get blamed for him unable to process their own emotions and accept women to have their own agency to select their partners, warna har koi radhe bhaiya hi ban jane ko ready rehta haii😭

Edited by Schrute - 3 days ago
roopshas1 thumbnail

Hahaha, that is basically brozoning guys because apparently they cannot take rejection..

I don't think it's a cultural thing, it's more of a safety precaution so that they don't get blamed for him unable to process their own emotions and accept women to have their own agency to select their partners, warna har koi radhe bhaiya hi ban jane ko ready rehta haii😭

Honestly, these kind of men are actually so common, so this is the only way they will be able to accept things as it is. They do not understand no. They do no understand tum mere bhai jaise ho. Unfortunately, they and their parents only understand rakhi. Then they can't blame the girl either. She has that social protection because maine to inko apna bhai mana tha, yeh dekhiye proof- maine inhe rakhi bandhi thi.

Edited by roopshas1 - 3 days ago
Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Social Spotlight

LMAO. Thank God. That baraat thing is so weird to me. Like twenty years ago, that may have been acceptable. Today? People will be weirded out if someone went out to marry someone, the bride or groom ran away or died and the other party just married the sibling. Like what even? Why? smiley36

ikr that is plain crazy and how did that save the so called izat is beyond me 😭🤣🤣🤣
Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Social Spotlight

LMAO. You are so right. He was like anyone who is eligible, iska patta kato. smiley37

Salar will always be iconic for me smiley27

Whatever he did, he did it with style and i loved him for everything .. oska galat bhi sahi lagta hai mujhysmiley27

Few lines for my pasandida mard onscreen:

Alag tujhme asar kuch hai

Ke dikhta nahi magar kuch hai

Sahi woh bhi lage mujhko

Galat tujh mein agar kuch hai

Alag tujhme asar kuch haismiley27smiley42

Edited by Queeen - 3 days ago
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Posted: 2 days ago

I see. It is so nice to know about different cultures. I didn't know that love marriages are common in Yemen. smiley27

Not in whole Yemen.. but in cities. In my city: Aden. Here you can find all types of marriages: love marriages, arranged marriages, nieghbour marriages, net marriages smiley36. there are also cousin marriages although they happen only in families which origins are from villages and small towns. There are still families who prefer to interfere in their children choises, but not like what we see in Pakistani dramas. I think even in Pakistan the picture isn't like we watch in dramas.

I think cousin marriages rise the problems in the families, and create complications. I hate to go to my hometown because some of my relatives consider me enemy because they have a problem with my sister, or so.smiley44

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by: Queeen

Salar will always be iconic for me smiley27

Whatever he did, he did it with style and i loved him for everything .. oska galat bhi sahi lagta hai mujhysmiley27

Few lines for my pasandida mard onscreen:

Alag tujhme asar kuch hai

Ke dikhta nahi magar kuch hai

Sahi woh bhi lage mujhko

Galat tujh mein agar kuch hai

Alag tujhme asar kuch haismiley27smiley42

Masha Allah. You write beautifull poetry. So you've gone my friend. smiley2smiley27

This poetry music we learn in Arabic . There are 16 types of poetry music . And yours belong to what we name : Bahr ul Hazaj.

I am a poet too. smiley9

Edited by awida - 2 days ago