Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: Schrute

Yes, same thing in UP as well. Yeah exceptions do exist. Even one of my cousin married her maternal uncle's son. Her mom died in het childhood and she had no connection with them for 20 years. They met after her husband when the family rekindled. Her father was quite upset but they let her marry him. Also qasim was distant cousin for them i think. That's why i think he liked sitara on the first sight while she was dancing. Baki i have heard news about people even killing their children for marrying in same gotras. Baki rakhi brothers are a no - no category i guess. During rakhi i think we tie ralhi to every male present in our vicinity.

True. Some families let it go. In same gotra marriage, actually my own parents are from the same gotra. And so my mom never needed to change her surname. But it is rare. Really rare. Plus, in Bengal, these rules are not as strictly applied as Hindi belt.

Qasim is second cousin (children of cousins) to Ehtisham, Salman, Nimi and Zoya (and her brother). Like his late father and Ehtisham, Salman and Nimi's dad and Zoya's mom were cousins. ES and N's dad and Zoya's mom were siblings. Khala Bi is the khala saas to Phupho that Khala Bi is the maternal aunt of Phupho's late husband. Honestly, Qasim was not related by blood to Sitara but still, here, it would have been really awkward.

Rakhi brothers are a wholly different category. Can cut across religions and everything. Also, there are two types of rakhi brothers - those who are genuinely like your brothers and then there exists a whole category of unwanted admirers who are forcibly made rakhi brothers by girls just so that they stop trying to woo them. smiley37

roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AAKMH2

Salar had very strong feeling for sitara from the start. Khud ko hi realize nhi hua tha, jiese us bnde ko mara market mein, ya qasim se jealous...i think the day she said naa dekho mujhe..sitara jahan bhulne ki cheez hai? The way he stared and then look away....smiley27 hyderabad mein hi she has become special for her. Agr ye msg ka kand na hota, to peeche phir bhi nhi chodna tha isne

Seriously, he was so smitten with her. And he was so protective and possessive about her and always sought out her company.

AAKMH2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: roopshas1

Honestly, I loved how neither of the leads ever entertained other options romantically speaking. Like they were never confused about whom they had feelings (this person or that person) - it was more of a case being unable to accept that they are in love - and also boundaries man. I love neither of them ever allowed others to step into their relationship. Whatever drama was there it was because of their own selves.

Thats I love the most about both of them...it is what them make unique...tere bin mein murtasim se issue hi mujhe ye tha wo aoni cousin ko jhelta kyun hai...A man should react the way salar react to sahiba and nimmi advances. Love tayii lines in last epi about him" badtmeez hai, mun zor hai..par rishto ka khrra hai" smiley27

roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Schrute

Yes, jo bhi ladai jhagda hai khud hi karnaa hai. Even during seperation he never once entertained the idea of divorce. I am sure he blocked her so she could not ask for khula/talaq by calling him. Even khud gussa ho jata tha, but sitara ko kisi ko bhi bolne nahi deta tha..he was cute tho😂

Also not once did he show pity towards her, this was so refreshing. He liked her for who she was, and was so smitten.

I don't think we can call him toxic right? Maybe ignorant and privileged bol sakte hain. He never meant harm for her. Apne tarike se handle karna was coming because of his privilege rather than toxicity?

True. He was not toxic. He was just generally, I dunno, insensible and somewhat naive about the world. Like he had and still has a lot of growing up to do. Honestly, he is supposed to be what, only 24 or so and so he IS pretty young.

AAKMH2 thumbnail

True. Some families let it go. In same gotra marriage, actually my own parents are from the same gotra. And so my mom never needed to change her surname. But it is rare. Really rare. Plus, in Bengal, these rules are not as strictly applied as Hindi belt.

Qasim is second cousin (children of cousins) to Ehtisham, Salman, Nimi and Zoya (and her brother). Like his late father and Ehtisham, Salman and Nimi's dad and Zoya's mom were cousins. ES and N's dad and Zoya's mom were siblings. Khala Bi is the khala saas to Phupho that Khala Bi is the maternal aunt of Phupho's late husband. Honestly, Qasim was not related by blood to Sitara but still, here, it would have been really awkward.

Rakhi brothers are a wholly different category. Can cut across religions and everything. Also, there are two types of rakhi brothers - those who are genuinely like your brothers and then there exists a whole category of unwanted admirers who are forcibly made rakhi brothers by girls just so that they stop trying to woo them. smiley37

Realy thats fun ..acha tell me can u wed a guy, if u tie a rakhi on his hand ever or in childhood...like brother friends etc?

I never knew u ppl had so restriction..than it must be odd fir u to watch ptvs

AAKMH2 thumbnail

What does gotra mean? Caste? Yahan to sane caste ki shadi ko prefer krte hai ..mtlb aao ki language aap ka mahol milta hai...u know from our religion pov we can wrd to our parents cousins also ..but culturally hota nhi hai aesa ...dusra age factor

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

True. He was not toxic. He was just generally, I dunno, insensible and somewhat naive about the world. Like he had and still has a lot of growing up to do. Honestly, he is supposed to be what, only 24 or so and so he IS pretty young.

And i really liked when tahir acknowledged taht mard apne pasandeeda aurat ke liye hi baldalta hai. It's not women's job to fix their partner. Like here sitara ne nahi badla use. Ne changed, realised his responsibilities becuase of her, so that she doesn't have to face problems. It was such a nice thing to do.. it was also a lesson for people like mehreen who suggested doosri biwi le aayenge to theek ho jaega. People just assume that gettinb their manchild of son married is the best thing they can do. That only girl can fix him. And that's why many women are struck with manchild entitled husbands.

roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AAKMH2

Oh wow..thats a information. Mujhe lga tha in your culture only your first cousin is not allowed..i didnt know k itni restructions hau

Yeah. It is true, like anyone who can trace down a bloodline with you automatically becomes ineligible for you. You really have to go against the grain if want to marry that person here. Even in South Indian Hindus and even amongst Indian Muslims, it is becoming rarer. I remember that I was so shocked when someone told me that they were engaged to their third or fourth cousin (something like that) back in Bengaluru. I had to make them repeat what they had said and actually confirm from them that yes, they are related by blood.smiley36 Like even if you are say eighth cousins, even if you belong to the same gotra which is patriline and are legally eligible, you are just...I dunno....still looked upon weirdly. Like that is still your distant cousin.

AAKMH2 thumbnail

OOOhhhh. I remember that one. No. No. It was good. Frankly, I was amazed that you were kin a mood to write fanfic. I was completely washed out by then.

Thank yousmiley14..its just that when I fall love with characters, my mind play out the scenarios , the way I want to see them or turn out the situationsmiley17

Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Social Spotlight

I see. So it is like, say, 50-50, like it can and it can not be, depending on individual circumstances?

Thanks for explaining. smiley27

yaa like nothing like suno chanda dada dying tou you gotta marry someone smiley37 zabardasti kisi ki barat chali gyi tou shadi kara de kisi se ya like sharjeena jysa scene koi nhi hota.. most people are open minded they let their kids decide and some are extra so they will force their kids to merry according to them so 🤷