Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AAKMH2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 days ago

Wow..itni ronaq thread parsmiley31Glad to see u all active here. My brother wedding date got fixed today, was busy in that...let me catch up smiley17

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AAKMH2

Wow..itni ronaq thread parsmiley31Glad to see u all active here. My brother wedding date got fixed today, was busy in that...let me catch up smiley17

Oh my! Congratulations to your brother and your entire family!!!!!smiley10

AAKMH2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: roopshas1

One thing I have noticed in PTV is that cousin as a love interest or a potential spouse is extremely common. I am just curious whether it is really that common in Pakistan or not? None of my Muslim friends (I am Indian) have married (neither arranged nor love) or dated any of their cousins and are really opposed to that idea. Like even in their families, cousin marriage was more common in their grandparents' generation but not in their parents or in our own generation. But is it really that prevalent in Pakistan even in urban areas?

Don't get me wrong. This is just curiosity. Cousin marriages (first cross cousins) do happen in some communities even amongst Hindus, but it is just that rare and very uncommon, especially in our generation. It is like either family pressure or last resort or something kind of forbidden love but definitely unusual enough. So I was wondering whether it is an exaggeration in PTV or is it really that common?

My parents are not cousins, me and my siblings are not married to cousin. Even in our closer inlaws nobody has cousin marriage. But Yes Cousin marriage is definitely common here. let me explain, 3 reasons are usually behind it

Your parents relation with their siblings, or sibling spouse is good. Your parents want it .

Both individual develop special bond, friendship, love...special feelings for eachother.

Shared buisness or property between brothers or sister, which they dont want to divide with someone "bahir wala".

Zbrdsti pressure nhi hota, but as a muslim, in our culture we get chance to freely interact with opposite sex is our cousins. Jo zyada bde ya chote hote hain, wo sublings ki trhan hi treat hite hain..but when u r if same age or have same interest Mostly like and attraction develop...behn bhai wala relation . Parents bhi usualy oppose nhi krte, aur kahin bche razi hote hain to bdo ki narazgi hoti, wo nhi mante. And the last ...proprty , agriculture lands wahan kbhi bde bhi pressure dal dete hain. Lekin end mein mrzi hi hoti hai. Bura nhi smjhte. Kuch family jahan bdo k bond ache hon wo prefer bhi krti hain

Koi naa krna chahe shadi to nhi bhi krta...caste l bahir bhi ho jati hai...

Ab jese sitara ki family dikhai, ooper se sb ek dusre k sath ache ..phupo ko ghar vgra se hissa ka bhi lalch tha.to salman ka rishta manga .ehtisham ne nhi bhi ki .zohaib chota tha to sb ko bhai hi tha. .it differ in situations

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

mujhe toh abhi tk smjh nhi aya the reason of nimmi kiran's hatred for sitara ... salar ko nimmi psnd hi nahi thi , sitara ka kya lena dena tha usse ... or kiran ki jealousy bhi ajeeb thi ...

Kiran ka I get. Agar even siblings me bhi one is perfect looking then comparisons in south asian societies are a regular thing. Which gives birth to insecurity complexes. Even in beginning her mother used to tell hr to embibe sitara like qualities in her and fufo's Constant praise of her children. Constant comparison and rejection for not being pretty according to societal standards take a huge toll on people where that's the only asset considered to get married which is the ultimate goal for girls in these societies. So complexes are pretty common. Kiran internalised this complex and constant comparison into bullying her.

Nimmi on the other hand was privileged, beauty and constant praise by her mother made her feel that she was entitled to the best things. And when salar came, ofcourse he was handsome and rich and she had a crush on him,but when he became friends with sitara, she became jealous. Remember it was not only salar, she even had problems with sitara marrying qasim and salman. She wanted only best things to happen to her and kiran and sitara to not have as good fate as hers.t

Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Social Spotlight

congratulations, mubarak ho bohot🎊
Queeen thumbnail

Social Spotlight

Es time pe i used to watch kaffara daily... i miss salar .. smiley28 would we ever get an ml like him smiley6

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Woww, congratulations to your brother and your family!!! 🎊🎊🎊🎊

Queeen thumbnail

Social Spotlight

Originally posted by: roopshas1

One thing I have noticed in PTV is that cousin as a love interest or a potential spouse is extremely common. I am just curious whether it is really that common in Pakistan or not? None of my Muslim friends (I am Indian) have married (neither arranged nor love) or dated any of their cousins and are really opposed to that idea. Like even in their families, cousin marriage was more common in their grandparents' generation but not in their parents or in our own generation. But is it really that prevalent in Pakistan even in urban areas?

Don't get me wrong. This is just curiosity. Cousin marriages (first cross cousins) do happen in some communities even amongst Hindus, but it is just that rare and very uncommon, especially in our generation. It is like either family pressure or last resort or something kind of forbidden love but definitely unusual enough. So I was wondering whether it is an exaggeration in PTV or is it really that common?

Nope in our elders yes it was more common.. in our parents too mostly thdy are married first cousins but now our gen is like no we are growing up like siblings so we ain't gonna but still some cousins are getting married in our family too but mostly are not .. so it is common and not at the same time

AAKMH2 thumbnail

Thanks everyone for your warm wishes... Realy miss my salar sitara badly smiley19 jitna bhi silly track dikha rhe the..wo dikh to rhe the naasmiley18 mene ek confrontation scene write kya tha..u ppl read that?

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

My parents are not cousins, me and my siblings are not married to cousin. Even in our closer inlaws nobody has cousin marriage. But Yes Cousin marriage is definitely common here. let me explain, 3 reasons are usually behind it

Your parents relation with their siblings, or sibling spouse is good. Your parents want it .

Both individual develop special bond, friendship, love...special feelings for eachother.

Shared buisness or property between brothers or sister, which they dont want to divide with someone "bahir wala".

Zbrdsti pressure nhi hota, but as a muslim, in our culture we get chance to freely interact with opposite sex is our cousins. Jo zyada bde ya chote hote hain, wo sublings ki trhan hi treat hite hain..but when u r if same age or have same interest Mostly like and attraction develop...behn bhai wala relation . Parents bhi usualy oppose nhi krte, aur kahin bche razi hote hain to bdo ki narazgi hoti, wo nhi mante. And the last ...proprty , agriculture lands wahan kbhi bde bhi pressure dal dete hain. Lekin end mein mrzi hi hoti hai. Bura nhi smjhte. Kuch family jahan bdo k bond ache hon wo prefer bhi krti hain

Koi naa krna chahe shadi to nhi bhi krta...caste l bahir bhi ho jati hai...

Ab jese sitara ki family dikhai, ooper se sb ek dusre k sath ache ..phupo ko ghar vgra se hissa ka bhi lalch tha.to salman ka rishta manga .ehtisham ne nhi bhi ki .zohaib chota tha to sb ko bhai hi tha. .it differ in situations

Aur hamare yahaan to non-blood related wale bhi bhai ban jaate hain. smiley36 Apne khoon ya adoption wale to complete incest category mein aate hain.

I see. Thanks for explaining. Still, it took me some time to get used to this dynamic in PTV. In ITV, someone like Qasim who is not related through blood directly, only through marriage to an aunt would still be considered a "brother" to someone like Sitara. Like he would be really really skirting around the acceptable lines of marriageability here and would be somewhat really out of the line in wanting to marry Sitara if they have had a rakhi ceremony.