Users

Frequent Posters

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

or saare shows m ek hi chiz dikhate h ladkiya hi ladkiyo ki dushman h smiley11

society ko acha nahi banne denge yh log

Why can't people write people taking rejection on their chin and trying to respect the feelings of the person they love and maintain their dignity and then try to move on? Is it that difficult?

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
True to some extent. But she always been vocal about her choices, which her older cousins weren't. She knew taht her relatives do not consider her as a perosn. They are entirely selfish. Although she was dependent on her brogher, but wjen this whole incident didn't happened she would have eventually figured it out that she had no one to rely on, and education was her only way out. She was just waiting and biding her time in taya's place. She was not delusional about everyone's intention. She knew that house and business belongez to her father, and these people couldn't twist her hand into marrying just anyone. Remember like she never wore anything given by others. She would have eventually figured out her way of life. She was that strong.
Priyankaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: roopshas1

Why can't people write people taking rejection on their chin and trying to respect the feelings of the person they love and maintain their dignity and then try to move on? Is it that difficult?

mujhe toh abhi tk smjh nhi aya the reason of nimmi kiran's hatred for sitara ... salar ko nimmi psnd hi nahi thi , sitara ka kya lena dena tha usse ... or kiran ki jealousy bhi ajeeb thi ...

the way the both were enjoying Sitara's humiliation was intolerable ...

Edited by Priyankaakdha - 3 days ago
roopshas1 thumbnail

mujhe toh abhi tk smjh nhi aya the reason of nimmi kiran's hatred for sitara ... salar ko nimmi psnd hi nahi thi , sitara ka kya lena dena tha usse ... or kiran ki jealousy bhi ajeeb thi ...

the way the both were enjoying Sitara's humiliation was intolerable ...

Nimmi is a spoiled sociopath who thinks she is the queen of the world. She is what pop culture calls a mean girl. She is the kind of person who chooses targets based on perceived weaknesses. Sitara was her equally gorgeous cousin whose only weakness was that she was orphaned and people like Nimmi just use that to hurt others to make themselves feel better. In her delulu eyes, Sitara was actively pursuing Salar's attention and unlike in Nimmi's case, Salar was actually responding positively to Sitara. It had far less to do with Salar himself and more to do with Sitara being happy and looking at a potentially happy (and wealthy) future with Salar.

Kiran's insecurities were different. Sitara was the beautiful and brilliant younger cousin who was practically chosen above her, the plain Jane, the moment any rishta came. Kiran was the hurt insecure one, unlike Nimmi who is straight up a vial of poison, but unfortunately thanks to her mother's influence, she was being intolerable mean to Sitara.

Ultimately, Kiran's arc was satisfying because it delved into insecurities and showed that had she have had love and upbringing without comparison from the get go, she would have turned out to be a nice human being. Nimmi was however a bad person til the end, it just happened that the person she married was an equally vile human being and we were forced to feel sorry for her circumstances.

But yes, frankly, outside of the context, there is actually very little difference between Nimmi and Kiran's actions. They were so happy at Sitara's wedding to Majid and frankly that is why I wanted them both to be humiliated in their marriages or weddings. Unfortunately that did not happen.

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Also, the same query as above. Would love to know the social dynamics of this because honestly initially found it so hilarious that Salar was jealous of Salman even before anything was going on between Sitara and Salman.

I was baffled at why he was being so territorial with Salman regarding Sitara? He is her cousin. Of course, he has some familial obligations towards her like Ehtisham does. THEN, I realised he is treating Salman as a potential love rival from the get go rather than a family figure to Sitara.

So I am really curious about this social dynamics. Is it really that common that a first cousin can be automatically be considered a love interest without any other context in drama?

He was and would have been territorial about all males who were not brother, father or uncle and therefore could marry Sitara. No one should do anything for Sitara except him šŸ˜‚

From my experience of having few Pakistani friends, I do think itā€™s common in the middle class

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessjojo

He was and would have been territorial about all males who were not brother, father or uncle and therefore could marry Sitara. No one should do anything for Sitara except him šŸ˜‚

From my experience of having few Pakistani friends, I do think itā€™s common in the middle class

he was even jealous of zohaib ... next day jaake jo thappad mara salman ko smiley37
Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Nimmi is a spoiled sociopath who thinks she is the queen of the world. She is what pop culture calls a mean girl. She is the kind of person who chooses targets based on perceived weaknesses. Sitara was her equally gorgeous cousin whose only weakness was that she was orphaned and people like Nimmi just use that to hurt others to make themselves feel better. In her delulu eyes, Sitara was actively pursuing Salar's attention and unlike in Nimmi's case, Salar was actually responding positively to Sitara. It had far less to do with Salar himself and more to do with Sitara being happy and looking at a potentially happy (and wealthy) future with Salar.

Kiran's insecurities were different. Sitara was the beautiful and brilliant younger cousin who was practically chosen above her, the plain Jane, the moment any rishta came. Kiran was the hurt insecure one, unlike Nimmi who is straight up a vial of poison, but unfortunately thanks to her mother's influence, she was being intolerable mean to Sitara.

Ultimately, Kiran's arc was satisfying because it delved into insecurities and showed that had she have had love and upbringing without comparison from the get go, she would have turned out to be a nice human being. Nimmi was however a bad person til the end, it just happened that the person she married was an equally vile human being and we were forced to feel sorry for her circumstances.

But yes, frankly, outside of the context, there is actually very little difference between Nimmi and Kiran's actions. They were so happy at Sitara's wedding to Majid and frankly that is why I wanted them both to be humiliated in their marriages or weddings. Unfortunately that did not happen.

for me kiran was no lesser than nimmi ...both enjoyed bullying and degrading sitara ... I never saw any guilt in their eyes when they were walking all over her ...

infact all of them took advantage of the fact that she has no one who will speak for her ....

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

If Salar had no feelings for Sitara, he would not have insulted her so horribly at the walima. Heā€™d be indifferent just like he was with Nimmiā€™s advances. Salar Sikandar had better things to do than care about chhote middle-class nobodies.

BUT the guy was already semi-obsessed with Sitara upon returning from Hyderabad. He was looking at her photos soon as he got back and also even while in Hyderabad he was thinking about her on the terrace. So he couldnā€™t deal with the pain he was feeling in response to being ā€œbetrayedā€ or ā€œtrappedā€ by the girl he was subconsciously falling for. How could he misjudge her intentions and character and start falling for her? Gussa agaya and he needed to hurt her back. How dare you take me for a ride wala anger tha. Kiranā€™s text was the final trigger.

roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessjojo

Seriously though. In real life, such a person would have been so difficult to handle. How many rakhis would have been given out to assuage such a possessive person's feelings? smiley5

roopshas1 thumbnail

he was even jealous of zohaib ... next day jaake jo thappad mara salman ko smiley37

That was too hilarious. It was like "baby, dekho, tumhare bhai ne thappad nahi mara to kya hua? Dekhna mai maar kar aaunga."smiley36