Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priyankaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: roopshas1

Yup, like he seriously did not understand that she was putting an end to their "relationship" in every manner. And remember how Junaid said, he had been actually been rejected or dumped!!smiley36 And Salar was all like no, no she has finally accepted my friendship. I was like BRO!!!! How delulu are you right now????smiley37

salar will always pick the only line he likes ... baki conversation jaaye bhaad m smiley37
Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Me neither. I just can't. It was frankly emotionally exhausting at some point.

there are many good shows but very few with leads having killing chemistry ...

and honestly jis hisab se shows ki ending dikhate h i am not interested in wasting my emotions ...

Schrute thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

True. I think the writer messed up. I was watching clips of Rang Mahal and somehow, I couldn't find myself being able to forgive Rayed's family. Rayed was still somewhat understandable because he was manipulated but his family, yeesh, those last scene where Rayed's mom was asking for her hand in marriage in such a cavalier manner. Like Lady, you should be begging for forgiveness. I think ultimately, PTV or ITV cannot show the sasural as being completely irredeemable until and unless they are completely evil and the FL is a dumb saint.

Exactly. The way they crushed her soul, like at one point she even said she had no will to live. How do you even forgive that?

Within 10 episodes they broke her down to her lowest point, she had no support, her self respect and deeams were crushed and everything even kindness done to her was turned out invitations to more troubles, and for like next 30 episodes she had no one to rely on. Her existence was questioned, uske baad if she even chose not to forgive those people even if they all asked for kaffara was acceptable. Even her not trusting salaar even 8f he was doing everything jusf for her was also acceptable. I am sure Nobody who has gone through this trauma can function normally. Trust issues hona is not a big deal. That's why i could never hate her, even after crass language, and her behaviour not making sense at few points. What writers failed to address was this thing. Which they never did. All the so called villains would have neved understood her, had similar things did not happen with tehir own children. Are people that unempathetic that they can go around torturing an orphan because she has no one to rely on, unless something similar happens to their own kid? And then those very same people will forget that those very same dictums of society. Mehreen also treated her so badly, spewing below the belt comments on her, and was okah once she realised her son couldn't function without that very girl. Then she was achanak se alright. How is this fair. Agaf aapki beti naa ho to aap kuch bhi bolege kyaa. I don't think iske baad there exists any scope for their redemption.

Ek to in sare shows mein redemption ke liye yaa to jail ya mental hospital bhejh dete hain. That's not justice. Jailworthy to nahi the crimes. Eccept salman deserved it for doin thaf with kiran, but mental turmoil dikhana chahiye. Tai ki family ka redemption phir bhi theek tha. The trauma of what happened with kiran and what kiran did will never leave them.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Schrute

Exactly. The way they crushed her soul, like at one point she even said she had no will to live. How do you even forgive that?

Within 10 episodes they broke her down to her lowest point, she had no support, her self respect and deeams were crushed and everything even kindness done to her was turned out invitations to more troubles, and for like next 30 episodes she had no one to rely on. Her existence was questioned, uske baad if she even chose not to forgive those people even if they all asked for kaffara was acceptable. Even her not trusting salaar even 8f he was doing everything jusf for her was also acceptable. I am sure Nobody who has gone through this trauma can function normally. Trust issues hona is not a big deal. That's why i could never hate her, even after crass language, and her behaviour not making sense at few points. What writers failed to address was this thing. Which they never did. All the so called villains would have neved understood her, had similar things did not happen with tehir own children. Are people that unempathetic that they can go around torturing an orphan because she has no one to rely on, unless something similar happens to their own kid? And then those very same people will forget that those very same dictums of society. Mehreen also treated her so badly, spewing below the belt comments on her, and was okah once she realised her son couldn't function without that very girl. Then she was achanak se alright. How is this fair. Agaf aapki beti naa ho to aap kuch bhi bolege kyaa. I don't think iske baad there exists any scope for their redemption.

Ek to in sare shows mein redemption ke liye yaa to jail ya mental hospital bhejh dete hain. That's not justice. Jailworthy to nahi the crimes. Eccept salman deserved it for doin thaf with kiran, but mental turmoil dikhana chahiye. Tai ki family ka redemption phir bhi theek tha. The trauma of what happened with kiran and what kiran did will never leave them.

thats what i said previously ... these writer shows that it is okay for a ML to destroy a girl's life as long as he is doing it out of love... dekha jaaye toh salar ne jo kia was not acceptable by any girl , but scenes ko aise dikhaya h ki sabko lagega kitna romantic h ...

kuch chizein fantasies tak hi sahi h ,reality m nhi chalta

roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

One thing I have noticed in PTV is that cousin as a love interest or a potential spouse is extremely common. I am just curious whether it is really that common in Pakistan or not? None of my Muslim friends (I am Indian) have married (neither arranged nor love) or dated any of their cousins and are really opposed to that idea. Like even in their families, cousin marriage was more common in their grandparents' generation but not in their parents or in our own generation. But is it really that prevalent in Pakistan even in urban areas?

Don't get me wrong. This is just curiosity. Cousin marriages (first cross cousins) do happen in some communities even amongst Hindus, but it is just that rare and very uncommon, especially in our generation. It is like either family pressure or last resort or something kind of forbidden love but definitely unusual enough. So I was wondering whether it is an exaggeration in PTV or is it really that common?

Edited by roopshas1 - 3 days ago
roopshas1 thumbnail

Also, the same query as above. Would love to know the social dynamics of this because honestly initially found it so hilarious that Salar was jealous of Salman even before anything was going on between Sitara and Salman.

I was baffled at why he was being so territorial with Salman regarding Sitara? He is her cousin. Of course, he has some familial obligations towards her like Ehtisham does. THEN, I realised he is treating Salman as a potential love rival from the get go rather than a family figure to Sitara.

So I am really curious about this social dynamics. Is it really that common that a first cousin can be automatically be considered a love interest without any other context in drama?

Edited by roopshas1 - 3 days ago
roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Schrute

So so true. While I did mind her caustic language, I did get where her issues were coming from. Honestly, Sitara needed space, time and therapy, not a marriage at that point of time.

roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

thats what i said previously ... these writer shows that it is okay for a ML to destroy a girl's life as long as he is doing it out of love... dekha jaaye toh salar ne jo kia was not acceptable by any girl , but scenes ko aise dikhaya h ki sabko lagega kitna romantic h ...

Exactly, the way Salar was going about in the initial episodes. And then his fans were like but he is trying to save her. Yes, save her from what? Circumstance that he created foolishly right? That is not a hero.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail

Exactly, the way Salar was going about in the initial episodes. And then his fans were like but he is trying to save her. Yes, save her from what? Circumstance that he created foolishly right? That is not a hero.

have you noticed ajkal green flag ML ka trend chl rkha h , so har dusre show m as long as ML is doing anything romantically for FL , chahe kitna bhi galat ho , that will be labeled as green flag .. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

salar was way better in this show

Edited by Priyankaakdha - 3 days ago
roopshas1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

Honestly, I would have been genuinely freaked out by someone interfering with my life the way Salar did with Sitara's. Yes, he genuinely loves her. But from her POV, she has no context except that this guy has defamed her publicly, has no intensions of marrying and yet keeps breaking up her weddings.