Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail + 3

Arshi Analyzers

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Gags05

About Arnav trying to bring contract marriage, and getting her house locked-up, and stopping water supply and all that (I hope I understood the context, and these are the episodes you are referring to)

The guy did more harm, than damage control in those episodes.. He had lived with so much hatred towards a certain section of people, esp. poor women, who as per him, always trap rich men in exchange of money, that, it was not easy for him to start trusting Khushi, even though she did so much for him and his family..

He was portrayed more like an alpha male from the beginning, where it was nowhere about equality but more about dominance, and he always treated Khushi as his property..

It was only after the kidnapping track, and later when Shyam was brought to justice, that Arnav started mellowing down, and understood how much Khushi meant to him.. As I said earlier, from a completely red flag to a green forest, the transition was very gradual, and that's the beauty of IPK for me..

But to be very frank, the apologies never came, to the extent, which Khushi deserved.. yes he loved her.. Yes, he could have died or even killed for her.. But that guy, never learnt to apologize at least for the first 75% of the show.

Having said that, He is still the Anti-Hero/ troubled ML we have adored all these years, and Barun's good looks and that delicious accent definitely helped.. smiley43

@Blue Yes. We were actually discussing the scene where Arnav tells Anjali that he only married Khushi because of her, and that he didn't love her before their marriage (this is the scene where the family walks in on Arshi hugging after Arnav misses his flight to Agra, so he comes home to woo / scare Khushi and she runs into his arms). From there, the discussion went to how Arnav was shown to be stuck between sis and wife (like typical ML of ITV smiley36) and I said that he couldn't balance them both and his approach towards both the relationships was wrong at that time. This led us to discussing his treatment of Khushi during these episodes (including the water cut and house locking stuff that you mentioned).

@Red That was exactly what I said smiley36. He is lucky that Anjali and Khushi sorted themselves out and the situation worked out in his favor... but if left upto him, the circumstances would've deteriorated.

@Green Which is why these scenes are more hurtful. Him being rude or inconsiderate in the initial episodes was expected but after all that mellowing down, how could he go back to being this way smiley24.

Edited by ssttuuttii - 4 months ago

Hi girls,

I will be moving all character discussion posts from the anniversary thread to this thread. Let us leave that thread as a dedicated thread to celebrate 13th anniversary.

You can continue all your discussions here or open separate threads for different characters I will leave it up to you. I will join you in discussions in a bit.

Cheers..

ssttuuttii thumbnail

Arshi Analyzers

Originally posted by: Savera84

Hi girls,

I will be moving all character discussion posts from the anniversary thread to this thread. Let us leave that thread as a dedicated thread to celebrate 13th anniversary.

You can continue all your discussions here or open separate threads for different characters I will leave it up to you. I will join you in discussions in a bit.

Cheers..

Oops.. sorry for spamming there smiley36. Thank you for moving the conversation here and keeping the threads organized smiley27.

Farah6 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

What are your guys opinion on sheetal track? I think they could have handled that track better but if it would have been any orher serial.. it would have been a lot worse so still thankful to the CVsMy two cents .. firstly I am glad that Arnav told the truth to khushi at first instance that she was his ex girlfriend and he was very assuring to her.. infact he even told her that why did u ask them to stay? U will feel jealous as I was of NK, initially.. but then after that, he was very warm to sheetal, which I found a bit off..even knowing thay khushi was insecure.. aaking sheetal from time to time, if she was ok and comfortable.. i know he meant nothing bit considering khushi’s insecurity..he could be more reserved.. esp him remembering their old college days..but its ok.. i choose to ignore.. thora sa tu drama karna hi tha CVs ne.

But theres one scene which i cant ignore.. before the basket ball game.. when Arnav and sheetal were arguing on who used to win.. sheetal said I used to win, then Armav said you won because I let you win.. this line.. I cant ignore.. throughout the serial they have emphasized that its only Khushi, who Arnav cant see losing.. otherwise Armav was always only about winnjng.. he never could handle defeat.. first time he let khushi win when he danced on teri meri with her.. aa he also said before that we have to win at any cost but then couldnt see khushi losing so danced with her and let her win.. his whole personality was about winning before that..But now he says tht he let Sheetal win basket ball matches.. this is one scene which i cant make sense of.. no matter what.. I think this was biggest blunder by CVs to make aarnav say that.. it negates the whole poont of serialI just think now that its a blunder on part of CVs and Arnav could never say that

Edited by Farah6 - 4 months ago
Farah6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

No matter how desperate the situation was, he shouldn't have brought up the contract marriage. After everything that had happened... after Khushi nearly died saving him... after Arnav knew that he had misunderstood the terrace confrontation between Shyam and Khushi, so the entire foundation of their marriage was baseless. Instead of apologizing for the contract marriage, he goes on to call her the biggest mistake of his life (admittedly while angry)... and then brings up the contract to stop her smiley11. Put yourself in Khushi's place and think whether you would have been up for listening to any explanations or justifications after that? smiley24

She was hurt and perhaps also feeling guilty, so his apologies were obviously not going to work at that moment. But I think she would have been more conducive to listen later on, had he not reduced their relationship to a deal again. Let's not forget that he also started yelling at her when he went to Buaji's home the next day... is that how you pacify or convince someone?! smiley24 Then he starts off by gifting her thoughtless items (again, this is the Arnav that put gold coins in a detergent packet bcz he knew how happy winning a prize would make her). So why would he make Aman choose her birthday gift?! smiley29

My explanation is that Arnav has gone through trauma bcz of the kidnapping so his brain is not fully functioning yet smiley37. (Not belittling actual trauma... just trying to find some humor in this awful track.)

Jokes apart, I think we will have to agree to disagree... bcz no matter how much I like IPK and Arshi, I find Arnav's behavior unjustifiable here. Arnav was always meant to be an anti-hero, a very complicated and flawed character... and that's his charm. But, like you said in one of your other comments, his character growth throughout the show is interesting. IPK is supposed to be his journey from gray to white... or at the very least from dark gray to light gray smiley36. Which is why these scenes hurt even more smiley28. Arnav in the beginning... from the office track.. was probably more ruthless. But back then, Khushi was a kinda nobody for him so it was easier to accept his harsh behavior. The contract marriage itself can be justified somewhat... bcz he did confront Shyam and try to find out the truth... but Shyam manipulated him into believing that Khushi was equally at fault. This though, nope! After all that growth, they can't just take him back to zero and expect the viewers to be okay with it.

The Arnav who can gift her bangles, or buy a whole shop worth of Pattal plates, or dance with her to make sure she doesn't lose... can surely do better than this smiley22.

P.S. Keep bringing up more scenes... I'm loving these riveting discussions smiley10.

Whats your opinion on sheetal track? Do u think it was handled well? I have also shared my POV on this track here ... .. you also share your opinion on that

ssttuuttii thumbnail

Arshi Analyzers

Originally posted by: Farah6

What are your guys opinion on sheetal track? I think they could have handled that track better but if it would have been any orher serial.. it would have been a lot worse so still thankful to the CVsMy two cents .. firstly I am glad that Arnav told the truth to khushi at first instance that she was his ex girlfriend and he was very assuring to her.. infact he even told her that why did u ask them to stay? U will feel jealous as I was of NK, initially.. but then after that, he was very warm to sheetal, which I found a bit off..even knowing thay khushi was insecure.. aaking sheetal from time to time, if she was ok and comfortable.. i know he meant nothing bit considering khushi’s insecurity..he could be more reserved.. esp him remembering their old college days..but its ok.. i choose to ignore.. thora sa tu drama karna hi tha CVs ne.

But theres one scene which i cant ignore.. before the basket ball game.. when Arnav and sheetal were arguing on who used to win.. sheetal said I used to win, then Armav said you won because I let you win.. this line.. I cant ignore.. throughout the serial they have emphasized that its only Khushi, who Arnav cant see losing.. otherwise Armav was always only about winnjng.. he never could handle defeat.. first time he let khushi win when he danced on teri meri with her.. aa he also said before that we have to win at any cost but then couldnt see khushi losing so danced with her and let her win.. his whole personality was about winning before that..But now he says tht he let Sheetal win basket ball matches.. this is one scene which i cant make sense of.. no matter what.. I think this was biggest blunder by CVs to make aarnav say that.. it negates the whole poont of serialI just think now that its a blunder on part of CVs and Arnav could never say that

I don't like this track much. Like you said, Arnav was shown to be quite considerate and I liked that change. On the other hand, Khushi was behaving illogically sometimes, which I'm not fond of... although Arnav accepting her eccentricities is cute smiley9. But the Arshi scenes were the only saving grace in the otherwise sinking ship that IPK was at that point.

The Basketball match scene was a huge blunder no doubt. In fact, it has spawned so many fictional stories here on the forum... where they write that match differently or change the ending or have some other AU events smiley36. So yeah, no one was happy about that.

Arnav doing nok-jhok was so out of character. In fact, Sheetal's so called friendship with him was itself inconceivable... I mean, just take one look at Arnav's relationship with Lavanya in the starting episodes... does this seem like a guy who would be best buddies and go joking around with friends... when that is how he talks to his girlfriend smiley22.

Like you said, at least in the beginning, when they showed Arnav being uncomfortable with Sheetal's presence in their home, I thought she might be more of a classmate than friend, and he was merely being courteous because of Khushi's invitation.

But the match was outlandish and the scenes before (about Arnav letting Sheetal win) and afterwards (Awesome Twosome + Hi 5) were also cringeworthy smiley26. I was happy to see Khushi making Jalebis after a long time... but they ruined that too with the nightmare of hers. Worse was how Mami tried to feed Aarav Jalebis and everyone jumped in with a no.... I mean, this is Khushi... she makes sugar-free Jalebis all the time!! Why couldn't they show Arnav defending her by saying that Khushi makes sugar-free sweets for me so Aarav can have it too.. or something along those lines. Their purpose of showing Arnav-Aarav bond would have been fulfilled while keeping in line with Arshi's characterizations.

You are right, there are a lot of dialogs during these scenes that Arnav would never say. I'll be honest, rather than Arnav, the dialog delivery and expressions were more like Barun. I understand that after playing a character for so long, the actors' mannerisms might starting bleeding into the character... but this was a bit too OOC for me smiley24.

Farah6 thumbnail

I don't like this track much. Like you said, Arnav was shown to be quite considerate and I liked that change. On the other hand, Khushi was behaving illogically sometimes, which I'm not fond of... although Arnav accepting her eccentricities is cute smiley9. But the Arshi scenes were the only saving grace in the otherwise sinking ship that IPK was at that point.

The Basketball match scene was a huge blunder no doubt. In fact, it has spawned so many fictional stories here on the forum... where they write that match differently or change the ending or have some other AU events smiley36. So yeah, no one was happy about that.

Arnav doing nok-jhok was so out of character. In fact, Sheetal's so called friendship with him was itself inconceivable... I mean, just take one look at Arnav's relationship with Lavanya in the starting episodes... does this seem like a guy who would be best buddies and go joking around with friends... when that is how he talks to his girlfriend smiley22.

Like you said, at least in the beginning, when they showed Arnav being uncomfortable with Sheetal's presence in their home, I thought she might be more of a classmate than friend, and he was merely being courteous because of Khushi's invitation.

But the match was outlandish and the scenes before (about Arnav letting Sheetal win) and afterwards (Awesome Twosome + Hi 5) were also cringeworthy smiley26. I was happy to see Khushi making Jalebis after a long time... but they ruined that too with the nightmare of hers. Worse was how Mami tried to feed Aarav Jalebis and everyone jumped in with a no.... I mean, this is Khushi... she makes sugar-free Jalebis all the time!! Why couldn't they show Arnav defending her by saying that Khushi makes sugar-free sweets for me so Aarav can have it too.. or something along those lines. Their purpose of showing Arnav-Aarav bond would have been fulfilled while keeping in line with Arshi's characterizations.

You are right, there are a lot of dialogs during these scenes that Arnav would never say. I'll be honest, rather than Arnav, the dialog delivery and expressions were more like Barun. I understand that after playing a character for so long, the actors' mannerisms might starting bleeding into the character... but this was a bit too OOC for me smiley24.

I will just pretend that basket ball match and the scenes before and after never happened and some newbie writer came up with this basket ball scenario and wrote it who had no idea about Arnav khushi.. this epi must be written by newbie and it was just a blunder and it never happened..

Also about Arnav being warm with Sheetal and asking him from time to time about her well being and if shes ok.. I will just assume that Arnav has started to get suspicious abt sheetal long back, and he deliberately did all this to make her comfortable so that he could judge her real motives.. Although he got suspicious abt her only when she claimed abt Aarav being his son, and her telling abt graduation night but Inwill assume that he had got doubts abt her way before that and intentionally played along..thats the only explanation I can come up with..

Farah6 thumbnail
Ok .. I feel there was lack of romance after their second marriage.. only much later they added few romantic scenes.. they showed so much romance during their wedding functions but after their wedding very less.. dont know why Infact i was expecting an emotional scene between Arnav khushi after shyam finally got exposed in front of Anjali but nothing Much later only they added few emotional and romantic scenes.. consisering they showed so much anticipation and romance during their wedding festivities, it delt bit odd to show so less romance after they finally got married Infact there was more passion and intimacy during their first marriage
ssttuuttii thumbnail

Arshi Analyzers

Originally posted by: Farah6

Ok .. I feel there was lack of romance after their second marriage.. only much later they added few romantic scenes.. they showed so much romance during their wedding functions but after their wedding very less.. dont know whyInfact i was expecting an emotional scene between Arnav khushi after shyam finally got exposed in front of Anjali but nothingMuch later only they added few emotional and romantic scenes.. consisering they showed so much anticipation and romance during their wedding festivities, it delt bit odd to show so less romance after they finally got marriedInfact there was more passion and intimacy during their first marriage

So true. It's almost like... once the takraar was over, they had nothing left smiley18. I don't think that's true... but that is how it comes across to viewers. They had much more passion when at odds with each other... but once they actually got together, it all seemed to fizzle out.

I think most shows (and even movies) suffer from the problem of showing intimacy without the actors having to get intimate in real. When they're fighting or the situation is adverse, it is easier to show their romance getting interrupted and all those almost kisses and missed opportunities. But when that is out of the way, the creators are left unsure of what scenes to show that will convey closeness but not go beyond what the actors are comfortable with. There was that shadow kiss scene and a few others, but otherwise, they mostly just skipped it altogether.

Farah6 thumbnail

So true. It's almost like... once the takraar was over, they had nothing left smiley18. I don't think that's true... but that is how it comes across to viewers. They had much more passion when at odds with each other... but once they actually got together, it all seemed to fizzle out.

I think most shows (and even movies) suffer from the problem of showing intimacy without the actors having to get intimate in real. When they're fighting or the situation is adverse, it is easier to show their romance getting interrupted and all those almost kisses and missed opportunities. But when that is out of the way, the creators are left unsure of what scenes to show that will convey closeness but not go beyond what the actors are comfortable with. There was that shadow kiss scene and a few others, but otherwise, they mostly just skipped it altogether.

If the actors were uncomfortable .. they wouldnt do it earlier also na.. after marriage, they didnt even show much scenes at par with earlier ones.. there were more kisses and hugs before their actual wedding.. they showed consumation scene also before the wedding.. but after that..for a longer time.. they hardly showed any…which felt weird.and then later they added romantic scenes.. must have been on fans demands.. like karwachauth and few others