Racism on the sets of Heeramandi?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

Racism against white skinned people in India is as true.......as Hindus being in khatra in Hindustan....or white lives not mattering in America...

1243752 thumbnail

Racism? Nah, sounds more like snubbing those with less fame or privilege and treating them with casual disrespect — sth that’s been running wild in Bollywood since forever.

Jason Shah killed it in the series though. nailed it as the cold-blooded scumbag British cop, to the point where it's gonna take me a while to warm up to the actor behind the character.

Originally posted by: SmittenKitt3n

Racism? Nah, sounds more like snubbing those with less fame or privilege and treating them with casual disrespect — sth that’s been running wild in Bollywood since forever.

Jason Shah killed it in the series though. nailed it as the cold-blooded scumbag British cop, to the point where it's gonna take me a while to warm up to the actor behind the character.

Not just the less famous....SLB makes even the famous ones cry.....so many established actors have said this that with SLB...it is always my way or highway...smiley36

BTW I haven't watched HM yet.......did you like it? Is there a lot of sexual content?? OTT dramas are generally full of sex....wants me to throw up....smiley11

1243752 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Not just the less famous....SLB makes even the famous ones cry.....so many established actors have said this that with SLB...it is always my way or highway...smiley36

BTW I haven't watched HM yet.......did you like it? Is there a lot of sexual content?? OTT dramas are generally full of sex....wants me to throw up....smiley11

I gave it a shot cuz it's SLB's work and he's known for his stunning cinematography. The cast is stellar too (minus Sharmin).

Something tells me you're not into dark dramas or power plays where everyone's constantly throwing each other under the bus though. You seem more like the feel good, family friendly movie and TV show kinda person.

So, with that in mind, you likely won’t dig the show.smiley36 It’s not exactly a favorite of mine either but it features some of the best performances by Manisha, Sanjeeda, Jason Shah, and the whole supporting cast. Surprisingly, Taha is quite good in it too, despite his questionable offscreen antics.

I'd say watch an episode and see if it's your cup of tea. there are a couple of parts (literally just one or two) in the whole series that might make you squirm, but it's definitely not one of those nudity, sex, and violence fests.

it's gonna take me a while to warm up to the actor behind the character.

Carry along smitten, no need to warm up to him smiley11 stay cold.

__________________SMITTENS

Edited by D3viL - 4 months ago
1243752 thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

Carry along smitten, no need to warm up to him smiley11 stay cold.

__________________SMITTENS

😹 If I find myself with s’mittens, will they not warm my hands faster than going bare pawed? 💅

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I really appreciate how the TM is always fighting for the rights of the real oppressed groups like White British men. It's a lonely fight, but you keep going. Respect. smiley27

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Racism against white skinned people in India is as true.......as Hindus being in khatra in Hindustan....or white lives not mattering in America...

This topic was not about that it's about what happened on Heeramandi set but since you brought it up I've heard, seen desis mocking them, making rude comments about them in their presence, of course in local language and ofcourse it's no where as bad as desis treat black foreigners. Don't know if things have changed in recent times.

Edited by TotalBetty - 4 months ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yup, that could be it. He's sqid the set lacked basic human niceties like introducing people to him, which is very common practice in West, considered rude not to do that

He said they didn't give him enough time for the role or explain things to him properly, but looks like he still did a great job

But If he's planning to work in BW he should get used to these things