Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

Finally someone agrees with me. People on twitter are praising her like she is some sort of great actress, when she wasn’t even that big during her prime. The kind of role required someone who had gigantic screen presence and that’s definitely not Manisha. Vidya would have ate up this role considering how terrific an actress she is smiley17

Honestly I am not finding her bad, she has good screen presence and as I am watching more and more episodes I am liking her, though it’s nothing to write home about tbh, she tends to go OTT in some scenes and there’s something off about the dialogue delivery as well, also, Sonakshi is simply awful in this one.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

On the contrary, I am continuing to watch the series just for Manisha, and I am on episode 4 btw.

Otherwise, I would have probably left after episode 1.smiley36

Edited by diasingh2 - 5 months ago
infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

On the contrary, I am continuing to watch the series just for Manisha, and I am on episode 4 btw.

Otherwise, I would have probably left after episode 1.smiley36

First episode was quite boring but as the series progresses, it becomes more and more intriguing. I guess SLB has not invested only in grandeur sets and costumes this time lol. He has tried to show a story as well.
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: infinity101

Honestly I am not finding her bad, she has good screen presence and as I am watching more and more episodes I am liking her, though it’s nothing to write home about tbh, she tends to go OTT in some scenes and there’s something off about the dialogue delivery as well, also, Sonakshi is simply awful in this one.

Really..i am finding her so good..like her dialogue delivery is so good..non of these from current lot can speak and delivery dialogues as well as she did in this one..but i am hearing this from many people what you are saying & I cannot understand why..guess opinions really do differ from person to person..

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I have not seen Heera Mandi yet, but Manisha was pretty bad in a similar script, based on prostitutes /brothel in her early 2000s movie "Market"... her dialogue delivery felt kinda faster than required and she hyper ventilated in few scenes which made the scenes kind of non effective.

Manisha is kind of an Inconsistent performer in my opinion.

She is most suitable in subtle roles with subtle expressions like in 1942 a love story, just like Ash, who also overacts in firey characters but shines with subtle expressions in films like Raincoat and Jodha Akbar.

Edited by sharaban - 5 months ago
infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Really..i am finding her so good..like her dialogue delivery is so good..non of these from current lot can speak and delivery dialogues as well as she did in this one..but i am hearing this from many people what you are saying & I cannot understand why..guess opinions really do differ from person to person..

Manisha is good in this series, but she tends to go OTT in a lot of scenes which I find quite cringe, the subtlety is lacking I guess. Also, I am thoroughly impressed by Sanjeeda in this one, never thought she could perform so well, she is even miles better than Sonakshi, I would say Sonakshi is a miscast in this series, she is not able to pull off a courtesan’s role with conviction! She speaks with pauses in between and it’s very annoying, like she is trying to give that dramatic effect to her performance. Aditi looks damn beautiful and is good as well, contrary to the popular opinion, I am liking the girl playing Alamzeb.
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: infinity101

Manisha is good in this series, but she tends to go OTT in a lot of scenes which I find quite cringe, the subtlety is lacking I guess. Also, I am thoroughly impressed by Sanjeeda in this one, never thought she could perform so well, she is even miles better than Sonakshi, I would say Sonakshi is a miscast in this series, she is not able to pull off a courtesan’s role with conviction! She speaks with pauses in between and it’s very annoying, like she is trying to give that dramatic effect to her performance. Aditi looks damn beautiful and is good as well, contrary to the popular opinion, I am liking the girl playing Alamzeb.

I like to know how did Sonakshi got the role???smiley36

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Manisha has never been that good anywayssmiley36 overrated as hell

I concur
TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Manisha has never been that good anywayssmiley36 overrated as hell

This.

Only a very competent director could extract just correct amount of acting from her. Otherwise she is terrible on her own. Overacting ki showroom he wo.

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

I watched 2 episodes & I felt she didn’t do justice to such a powerful role. She lacks the screen presence big time!!!

They should have casted Vidya Balan for MallikaJan’s role. She would have hit it out of the park I am pretty sure.

Manisha is better than Bahurani Hadia. I am shocked you are saying this. smiley37