Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 months ago

smiley36Ha ha...my translator tells me that after the greeting, it's

It has been said in a human manner only. Looking away and speaking in a low tone is against our Nawabi pride.

now, does it make more sense to you???

Originally posted by: Clochette

smiley36Ha ha...my translator tells me that after the greeting, it's

It has been said in a human manner only. Looking away and speaking in a low tone is against our Nawabi pride.

now, does it make more sense to you???

Hehe your translation makes sense.. mine said "will you be my boyfriend?".. I was thinking... ok.. but no holding hands girlfraaaad ...😘

..hehe thanks C

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: D3viL

Sorry for the late reply. It's just that.. I need help understanding what you have said. So I have tagged Clochette ...we can decode what you have said together

Clochette.. look ..it looks like English.. but its notttt..... she has misspelt everyyy single word!!! What do you think she is trying to say? ..

It’s ok. I understand. Because I had the same problem with your post but I tried my best using up all my non existent Urdu vocabulary to reply to go with the flow. clearly it didn’t work.🥹

Just saw the other two posts , guys what did you do to the page to make it unreadable like this?

Edited by e1t53e - 5 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Ha ha, I copy-passed the translation and that made the change...and before I could edit my post, Devil had quoted it with the mistake not being able to get changed...(next time, I'll be attentive to that smiley1)

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Just finished watching the series.

I liked the end episodes though the change of events was a bit fast smiley36 Fareedan and Mallika teamed up way too early smiley36 But yeah I kinda get the patriot factor. It makes sense for BibboJaan’s character do that as she was always like that, but suddenly Mallika , Faredaan and Waheeda became patroic too. Though these 3 characters had better acting and performances their characters lacked the consistency.

The two sisters (Mallika’s daughters) characters were more consistent and better written. And finally that Alamzeb improved her acting somewhat in the end, but still not good enough.

All the Nawabs except for Tajdar were so spineless and useless lol, even Cartwright had better impact than them smiley37Cartwright actor did a good job (if not all these years i thought he was a useless model in one of the BB seasons), I really hated him a lot smiley37Someone mentioned Tajdar character was like those wattpad characters bruh so true!

That gossip guy delivered a powerful performance too.

Sorrento thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

SLB doesn’t fail with this one. The series is well made with opulent and aesthetic looking sets, gorgeous period costumes and jewelry, the grandeur is obvious in every frame. It’s a feast for the eyes. As is his passion in every one of his movies, he loves to depict women who are strong, ethereal, but also exploited victims in a male dominated society.At times, one gets the sense that the tawaif and kotha culture is glorified and eulogized which can get uncomfortable.

The story is a combination of Pakeezah, Umrao Jaan, Kalank, Gangubai with a dash of freedom struggle thrown in. All the actors have performed well. Mainisha Koirala has a meaty role as the brothel madam and she is menacing. Sonakshi has outdone herself as the rival to Manisha, out for revenge, portraying the cunning, manipulative charm of her character very convincingly. A special shout out to the actor who played the role of Ustaad. As for SLB’s niece Sharmeen, she is a let down. Her ordinary face is inexpressive, her dialogue delivery flat and she has no screen presence. After casting divas like Aishwarya, Deepika, Priyanka, Madhuri and even Alia, one wishes SLB hadn’t fallen prey to nepotism and chosen his ordinary niece in a pivotal role. She is the weakest link, everyone else delivers.

There are times when the series drags, especially when the love affair between Alam and Tajdar is progressing. However despite this, this series is a must watch. Hopefully the global non Indian audience on Netflix will watch this series and get an exposure to a well made opulent show, depicting the tawaif kotha culture with a love story and Indian independence struggle as a back drop. Hats off to SLB.

Edited by Sorrento - 5 months ago

Originally posted by: e1t53e

It’s ok. I understand. Because I had the same problem with your post but I tried my best using up all my non existent Urdu vocabulary to reply to go with the flow. clearly it didn’t work.🥹

Just saw the other two posts , guys what did you do to the page to make it unreadable like this?

Main gehri dard aur afsos mehsoos kar raha hoon. Apka jawab mera zindagi bhar ka sabse pyara jawab tha jo mujhe mila hai lolol not even kidding....so Hiiii 🖐 I am d3vil... brown on the outside ..white on the inside.. Clochette is the opposite of me.. she is white on the outside ..brown on the inside.. together we make the perfect desi person. ✨️ .. nice to meet you!

e1t53e thumbnail

Here is an insight into the actual history of Heeramandi. I haven’t finished watching the complete series so not sure if they covered how heeramandi turned into a mere red light area.

https://youtu.be/_aOgS8X6fxM?si=eHEf-7WEsiliQVQf

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

Main gehri dard aur afsos mehsoos kar raha hoon. Apka jawab mera zindagi bhar ka sabse pyara jawab tha jo mujhe mila hai lolol not even kidding....so Hiiii 🖐 I am d3vil... brown on the outside ..white on the inside.. Clochette is the opposite of me.. she is white on the outside ..brown on the inside.. together we make the perfect desi person. ✨️ .. nice to meet you!

Hi right back to you…..Nice meeting you too…:)

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

I loved it smiley19 except i should have done alem but okay smiley36 ending was a cryfest and now my nose is red.

4/5

Excellent acting manisha

Also sanjida aditi saima jayati farida ustad iqbal

Edited by Billi_Bangalan - 5 months ago