Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

IshRa's Icons

Posted: 2 years ago

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Okay, okay, first of all... Before you guys throw your stones at me, let me just say... YES, a grand confession scene will be coming up! I just want to unpack Ishita's insecurities first before I do that. This track was all about Raman. Ishita comes next.

Now coming to the Mani track, the entire fandom has had complaints with this sequence on TV. Ishita and Raman's characterization went out the window with this track and we all hated it. So I've tried to recreate it to the best of my ability. Of course, I wanted to make sure Ishita wasn't at fault. She's smart and considerate; she wouldn't be stupid enough to go behind her husband's back to spend time with another man, regardless of the reason.

Therefore, in my story, I made sure to keep only Mani at fault. Not Ishita, not Raman. I never understood why in the show Mani was so involved in Ishita's life all of a sudden. That's why I tried giving a better explanation here. He's rebuilding his life in a new country after a tragedy befell him, and he needs all the help he can get. His unnecessary involvement and focus on Ishita can be explained by his unresolved, unrequited feelings for her. My attempt to explain his character motivations.

Also, in the show, I felt that Raman's anger and his taunts were too over the top. He exploded on Ishita at times in such a way that I disapproved of immensely. I found myself agreeing with some of the points that Mani made in his accusations to Raman. That's why I toned Raman down in this story. This way, Mani's accusations seem truly unfounded. I've also tried to explain the Iyers' and their tendency to rave on and on about Mani, especially Amma. That was a complaint that Raman had in the show, Mani being given more importance than the son-in-law.

My interpretation was that Raman was family whereas Mani was a guest. Think about the time a guest comes over to our house. They are given a lot more importance and service than family members, all out of formality. Madhu treats Bala and Raman like her sons. She is comfortable enough to rely on them without feeling indebted or having to worship them simply because they are son-in-laws.

Of course, this track focused on Raman and his insecurities. Now that those have been resolved, I will focus on Ishita next. Please do drop your comments below on what you thought about the Mani track. And please... be kind. Considering how much the fandom hates this track, it was the most difficult to recreate.

Next up, Mihir-Mihika's wedding! Which song do you want to see IshRa dance on in their sangeet? Drop some song suggestions below!

As always, stay happy and healthy! Keep reading and shower your love on this fic! ❤️❤️❤️

Divyalingaraju thumbnail

All the three parts were really very good and interesting please update next part soon

Mreddy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Absolutely loved all the 3 parts. As you said Ishita's character was butchered in the show during the Mani track. Your story is how it should have been. You dealt with Raman's insecurities very well. Will be waiting eagerly for the next update

-RKB- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wow... Both the updates were beautiful and you recreated superbly.. Seen at mall.. Office.. And home were awesomely described....

Mani is dumb.. Both agreed to marry for ruhi's happiness than How he thought that ishta was forced ..🤔

I loved ishita of your story she's so balanced ..

Conversation between ishra and their kiss🤗....you wrote awesomely... Loved it.

Being greedy want update in two days🙏🙏

nafnaf thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Part 44

Another amazing update!!!

Mani is getting on my nerves already!!!😡

Raman and Amma's relationship is lovely, I like it that you are creating scenes to show this (also the light bulb scene earlier update) very sweet!!!

Mani is just looking at Raman - why doesn't he see how Ishita lights up every time Raman appears!!!

Now he is obviously going to listen to Ashok and of course Ashok will take advantage of this!!😡

Never judge a book by its cover Mani!!!!

Ishita and Ruhi - as always a beautiful relationship!!!!🤗

Fabulous to see Adi interacting on the football ground - Bala is right though Adi does need professional help (but no "family" business please like in the show!!!). I know you will handle it much more professionally!!

Ishra both not wanting to think about the consequence of not getting married to each other - that scene was just out of this world

Together with sharing burgers scene in the car - wow and song choice was fabulous!!

Going to read part 45 now!

nafnaf thumbnail

Part 45

Oooooooooooooo I am so angry with Mani - how dare he judge without knowing anything and now Raman is doubting himself and I can soooooo feel his insecurities - you have described his thoughts so awesomely!!!

Please please don't let him leave her - instead he should talk to Ishita and tell her what Mani said and both should be honest with each other!!

I better read the next part to see how you have dealt with that - am sure I will not be disappointed!⭐️

Loved the flashback of what Romi did and also the fact that Raman apologised to him - so sweet!!!!

nafnaf thumbnail

Part 46

I just knew you would not let me down - you fulfilled all our dreams, absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!🤗⭐️👏🥳

Every sentence was full of emotion - full of love in Raman and Ishita!!!

This is exactly how Mani should have been portrayed on the show!!!

I absolutely loved what you said the reason was for Ishita's flinching - even I though it was because she was scared - but wow what a beautiful surprise!!

You tackled the whole Mani track just wonderfully - Raman's emotions were described so superbly!!!

You are actually making Raman and Ishita talk, communicate with each other and not hide everything - this is ideally how a married couple should behave!!!

I am enjoying every minute of these update and I am so looking forward to Ishita's thoughts and of course the big confession!!!❤️❤️

Please please please update very very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤗😳

nafnaf thumbnail

Oh no I completely forgot to mention the kiss - oooooohhhhhh wow it was the icing on the cake!!!!!!☺️☺️☺️

GBSC thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Wow.Lovely updates .

Is this the end of mani track ?

Well,Raman’s supporters would have hated this track .N Ishu’s chr was definitely butchered .

But in defense of mani’s chr ,I would say that Mani is an unmarried man n it appears as though he has no idea about how a marriage works .Nor does he understand marital love in a big family in India .

Too bad ishu never mentioned about mani’s marital status to him .Nor did. Raman .This had not been an issue for them nor were they indecent enough to talk about it .But I feel that ishu,being a childhood friend of his ,should talk about it to him .Instead of simply getting angry at him for his stupid behaviour .Raman too seemed to overreact by giving importance to mani’s words as mani’s behaviour appeared intruding n pretty much crappy .

Based on the show,Raman’s reaction being partly in response to mani’s business status would have been more appropriate

This is something that has not been discussed by the watchers of this show .

Mani was in a similar situation as Raman was .Two kids .No wife .A caring mom needed .A loving ,beautiful .n dutiful wife .Maybe it was more than friendship .Manj was jealous of Raman .Mani was a bit late in meeting ishu .Mani was deliberately creating trouble in ishu’s life .An important reason why everyone hated Mani .Raman’s insecurity in the show was created by ishu’s close to embarrassing behaviour with her childhood friend .She did. this because of what Raman did. with shagun in the accident track .
One point in Raman’s defense .Appa,Subbu Bala n for that matter even Romi n Bhallaji are soft natured chrs .While Raman isn’t in the show .So his behaviour might appear barbaric for an outsider .But a wife knows best .I think Seeing Mani as a foreign return too would have made amma n the iyers in general to overly praise Mani in the bhalla family’s presence as the bhallas were financially superior to the iyers .They were showing off their friendship .

Thankfully ,that track ended on a good note .Now coming to your story.I feel that you have the capacity to elaborate on this track .But are avoiding backlash .I feel that ishu is being painted as a saint here .Raman ‘s behaviour is not justified enough .

Ishra’s convo is always a welcome in your story .

Ishra seem to be in love already .Hence this insecurity through mani over a woman appears unnecessary .The accident track showed a possibility of a betrayal by Raman .Ishra overcame it .Hence their misunderstanding was a little acceptable .

I guess their love grows stronger with challenges .I think you can up your villains in your story .’Shagun seems to have lost her power .Adi being civil makes me wonder .Are your finishing this story soon .With your capacity ,this story can be dealt beautifully .Ruhi’s maturity amazes me.One more reason for Raman’s supposed insecurity .What if he loses this shangrila..I totally loved that weekend stay at the lakeside. .Pl give more like that .Adi too can do more than play football .They can meet at the iyers .Adi in the show did like them n the Tamilian food .

Pl update soon .

Aditi_X thumbnail

IshRa's Icons

Originally posted by: GBSC

Is this the end of mani track ?

Yes. This is the end of the Mani track. I might have him reappear for one more small appearance, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Thankfully ,that track ended on a good note .Now coming to your story.I feel that you have the capacity to elaborate on this track .But are avoiding backlash .I feel that ishu is being painted as a saint here .Raman ‘s behaviour is not justified enough .

Ishra’s convo is always a welcome in your story .

Ishra seem to be in love already .Hence this insecurity through mani over a woman appears unnecessary .The accident track showed a possibility of a betrayal by Raman .Ishra overcame it .Hence their misunderstanding was a little acceptable .

You are right in a way. I am trying to avoid backlash. The fandom hates the Mani character and I'm scared to elaborate on his track. I might have him reappear once to elaborate on his changed dynamics with IshRa though. I'm not sure.

Yes, IshRa are in love already, but before Mani introduced this bump in their lives, they didn't know that the other person loved them too. I think Mani's character served the purpose to finally get them to talk about their feelings and for Raman to realize that Ishita loved him too.

Also, coming to your comment that Ishu is being painted as a saint. I have much more content planned to discover Ishu's human side and her mistakes & insecurities. Stay tuned.

I guess their love grows stronger with challenges .I think you can up your villains in your story .’Shagun seems to have lost her power .Adi being civil makes me wonder .Are your finishing this story soon .With your capacity ,this story can be dealt beautifully .Ruhi’s maturity amazes me.One more reason for Raman’s supposed insecurity .What if he loses this shangrila..I totally loved that weekend stay at the lakeside. .Pl give more like that .Adi too can do more than play football .They can meet at the iyers .Adi in the show did like them n the Tamilian food .

Pl update soon .

The story is definitely not finishing soon. Shagun will make a reppearance soon and her power will be upped. I just don't want to give the villains too much power like they had in the show. But she is going to come up again and try to create trouble in IshRa's life.

Lots of scenes of Adi are coming up too. His entire assimilation into the IshRaRu unit is yet to be shown.

I have much more content planned, so the story is definitely not ending soon.