Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 days ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Is Dhadak 2 also a Dharma film? I wonder if KJo will try to sabotage this film.

Already postponed. I expect two more postpones so that the film loses its appeal.

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: elim

Yes she was giving 1 cr opening even before OTT era smiley36

Ranveer Singh was giving Circus, Jayesh bhai type of bumper openings before RARKPK

That's true even movie reviewers forgot her cameo in stree2

smiley36 Taran and other analysts are posting daily figures with her solo poster . I dont think whom you are talking about may be kjo and aalu jealous gang. Shraddha got highest grossers, Alia lowest in same year. Karma is real jb padta hai bina aawaz bhut jor se padta hai

Banned

[Post Removed]

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: AliaBitchisOver

Tripti is the real thing. Expect Bira to dump his dumpy and old wife for a fresh hot new thing. Tripti is officially box office queen.

Dump his wife over box office ? For real ?

Banned

[Post Removed]

Maroonporsche thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Banned

[Post Removed]

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Since Chhapaak, Deepika has been reduced to playing glorified item girl roles. It's clear to her and her fans what that movie did to her, regardless of what people or fans on forums say. The results speak for themselves, she hasn’t taken any risks since. Meanwhile producers are confident enough to invest in Alia with big budgets.

Yes we know that, all the nepolas keep getting chances after chances not just Alia smiley36

Edited by e1t53e - 4 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Preity also was less expensive and more 'maniable'...and SRK liked to work with her (from Dil Se times).

Sid may have been through the 'casting couch' or not, but definitely Karan had a crush on him... but after some time, he did a lot to harm his career...

Maybe that's it too. But I don't know if KJo was casting based on who he felt SRK gelled with most. We know he wanted Aishwarya in K3G but felt due to his friendship with Kajol, and her being his first movie's heroine, that he had to politely ask her first while expecting her to say no due to marriage. That for basically every film KJo made, Aishwarya was at the top of his list for him to work with during this era. Obviously that wasn't possible post Chalte Chalte.

Then there was Kareena's original casting in KHNH. She and SRK have always been mismatched. Their romantic pairings have never worked. For me, because of K3G, it's very weird to see these two paired onscreen together because it's like watching someone with his sister-in-law. On top of that, she's one of the only actresses I think SRK can't create chemistry with because they completely fizzle together. There are no sparks. IF claims this is true of Katrina and Anushka but those two were both popular pairings with SRK whereas his pairing with Kareena never worked. So I don't know what KJo was thinking trying to put Kareena in the film as that would have been a disaster.

Whatever prompted him to cast Preity, I'm just glad he did because the film wouldn't have become so iconic without her. The entire trio was perfectly cast. I heard Salman was first choice as well for the Rohit role but he refused to play second-fiddle again. I also don't think anyone but Saif could have done that part. It needed to be someone with comic timing, good chemistry with both Preity and SRK, and likable enough that you don't see him as a rival and hate him for getting his love over SRK.

Going back to KJo, I do feel that he actually doesn't have a very good idea of chemistry onscreen. He imposes his own beliefs or ideas about which pairing should work. He was lucky with SRK/Kajol because they were already an established pairing before him. SRK has chemistry with all his heroines so the Rani/Preity pairings with SRK worked out in KJo's favor (although as you said, he didn't establish SRK/Preity). But you can see the gaps where he tried to put SRK/Kareena together. And it's really his non-SRK films where you can see where he's completely blind.

Bombay Velvet was a huge flop but KJo was the one who liked Ranbir/Anushka as a pairing and put them together in ADHM because of that. And the final film doesn't work for a lot of reasons but I think the lack of audience interest in this particular pairing is one. Then KJo foolishly tried to establish Varun/Alia as the next SRK/Kajol, failing to realize that nobody else will ever be the next SRK/Kajol. He should have focused on making Varun/Alia their own thing instead of copying a more beloved and lucrative pairing. And this pairing was doomed because they'll never have the iconic status of SRK/Kajol or mint as much money as they made. Then he swapped out Varun for Ranveer, which is more popular due to his higher status as an actress but his best heroines were Parineeti, Anushka, Deepika, etc. Alia lacks the same level of compatibility with him even if they're way better together than Ranbir/Alia who KJo is also pushing but failing to do so.

Banned

Posted: 3 days ago

[Post Removed]