6 - West Indies Women*

5 - New Zealand Women*

4 - India Women

4 - South Africa*

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

India

Posted: 5 hours ago

- West Indies Women reached the T20 World Cup semi-final for the first time since 2018.

- This is the first win for West Indies Women against England Women after a gap of 13 T20I matches.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Hayley Matthews | West Indies Women captain: Pretty good. I don't think many people had us reaching that point [semis] in this tournament. Up against the odds tonight but to put up a performance like that with the bat, incredibly proud, Qiana Joseph scoring her first ever 50, what a time to do it man. Probably the first six or seven overs of our innings when batting, it did slide on a bit better. We have been chasing, we back ourselves to go out there and knock off whatever runs that is there on the board. Take tomorrow off and get right back to it. We haven't won the World Cup yet and it's gonna be a big game against New Zealand and from here every game is a big game and we are up for the challenge. Pretty close, [to perfection] I think we bowled well, we could have probably fielded better, we are peaking at the right time, hopefully we can see something even better in the semis. [on if she wanted anything more than this in her 100th T20I] Couldn't be any better, this is what I hoped for when I came in today.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Heather Knight | England Women captain: Frustrated. Bad timing for me and tough to watch. Credit to West Indies and they put us under the pump. We made a few mistakes and tough one to take but credit to Hayley and her team. [on their score] I don't think we were far off, there was a bit of turn in the surface, and was tough at times, the pitch was better than Sharjah and we bowled too short, they played it well, the partnership between Hayley and Joseph put us on the back foot. [on how she is now] Feeling OK, I tweaked while going back for the two, twos are very important. We played very good cricket and a tournament like this you slip up once and it can be very costly. Still very proud of the gals and the fight they have shown.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Qiana Joseph | Player of the Match: Sure sure (a dance move as promised?) (does a little dance). She (Matthews) told me just back myself and watch the ball all the way through. I was real aggressive at the start. I like a little competition in the end. It was a bit challenging of course. Just backed myself to hit through the line of the ball. Feel real happy, I could not do it without Jesus Christ. My team-mates were supporting me all the way. Means a lot to us (semi-final spot).

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Stats by Shashikant Singh

- 142 runs is the highest successful run-chase in this tournament. This is also the highest for West Indies Women against England Women in T20Is. This is also the highest chase against England Women in the WT20 World Cups.

- This is the second time both West Indies Women's openers made 50-plus scores in a T20I match after Hayley Matthews (66) & Stafanie Taylor (59) made against Australia Women in the 2016 WC Final.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

In such a league format where only the best nations play, all it takes is one bad day as Heather Knight just said in the post-match presser and you could see yourselves knocked out. That's what has happened to England. All the previous good work in the tournament would be forgotten after what happened tonight. But that's how this game and the formats work. England go home. West Indies go to the semis. We have the four semi-finalists now. Just three more games to go as the league stage ends tonight. There's a break tomorrow before the first semi-final. That is between Australia and South Africa on 17th. Till then take care and be well. See you.

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 2 hours ago

Congratulations to West Indies for winning the match and also for reaching semi finals.

Congratulations to Qiana Joseph for winning the PoTM award.

Cheers..