Samantha Ruth Prabu & Naga Chaitanya divorce statement retracted

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 days ago

Samantha Ruth Prabu & Naga Chaitanya divorce statement retracted by Konda Surekha after getting slammed by Samantha, Nagarjuna, Jr NTR and others

Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya once used to be the most talked-about couples in the Telugu film industry. After meeting each other on the sets of Ye Maaya Chesave in 2010, their fairy tale romance blossomed and eventually culminated in them walking down the aisle together in 2017. A fan-favourite couple, millions of fans across the globe celebrated their professional success and perfect love story. But, fairy tales seldom play out in real life and the couple surprised everyone by opting to separate in 2021, four years into the marriage. Ever since, there has been an intense media frenzy over the two as their separation and subsequent divorce have dominated headlines.

Throughout the ugly media spectacle, both actors generally remained gracious but found the constant public glare hard to shake off. Despite the personal turmoil, Samantha and Naga Chaitanya continue to do well professionally and have moved on in their personal lives too with Naga Chaitanya recently getting engaged to Sobhita Dhulipala. Samantha Ruth Prabu & Naga Chaitanya divorce

An issue that has been consigned to history surfaced again after the Cabinet Minister for Forest and Environment, and Endowments in the Government of Telangana, Konda Surekha recently made controversial remarks where she alleged that K. T. Rama Rao (KTR), the working president of the Bharat Rashtra Samithi was the reason for the divorce of Naga Chaitanya and Samantha. She went on to say that several heroines were forced to move out of cinema due to KTR who she alleged did drugs, got the heroines addicted to drugs and rave parties and blackmailed them.

KTR wasted no time in serving a legal notice to Konda Surekha, on defamation charges. He also issued notices to other individuals and media houses alleging that Surekha had published false statements, damaging his reputation. KTR’s lawyers stated that Surekha’s statements were published with the intent to damage his public image and the political standing of KTR. It is gathered that a call was made to Surekha to immediately retract the defamatory statements Soon, Samantha came out with her reaction to these allegations too. She categorically said, “My divorce is a personal matter and I request that you refrain from speculating about it… To clarify: my divorce was mutual consent and amicable, with no political conspiracy involved.” That seems like as clear a statement as anyone could make.

Naga Chaitanya’s father and superstar Nagarjuna was also quick to come out with a condemnation. He said, “I strongly condemn the comments of the Honorable Minister Mrs. Konda Surekha. Don’t use the lives of movie stars who stay away from politics to criticize your opponents. Please respect other people’s privacy. As a woman in a responsible position, your comments and accusations against our family are completely irrelevant and false. I request you to withdraw your comments immediately.”

Amala Akkineni, Naga Chaitanya’s mother shared similar sentiments when she said on social media, “Shocked to hear a woman minister turn into a demon, conjuring evil fictional allegations, preying on decent citizens as fuel for a political war.” Other prominent celebrities too shared their opinion and expressed their disagreements over Surekha’s unhinged comment. and apologize in public.

The Devara star, Jr NTR took to X and said, “Konda Surekha garu, dragging personal lives into politics is a new low. Public figures, especially those in responsible positions like you, must maintain dignity and respect for privacy. It’s disheartening to see baseless statements thrown around carelessly, especially about the film industry.

We will not sit quietly while others make baseless allegations against us. We should rise above this and maintain respect for each other’s boundaries. Let’s ensure our society does not normalize such reckless behavior in democratic India.”

Thankfully, Surekha took to X and offered a retraction of her statement about Samantha. She wrote (Translated to English from Telugu), “My intention was only to point out how a leader is belittling towards woman but not to hurt your sentiments, Samantha. The way you have grown exponentially by yourself is something I admire and aspire to. If you or your fans have been hurt by my words, I unconditionally retract them. Please do not take it otherwise.” Well, the retraction helps, but why make statements like this in the first place?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

"Sometimes" I feel bad for celebrities. Anyone can make crass statements about their life and there will always be a section of people who will keep believing things about them which "maybe" totally incorrect.

We will never know if what this woman is saying is true but now she has planted a doubt in people's minds. No matter how much the concerned celebs deny it, the harm is done.

For people who are actually innocent, it must be so painful. (Provided they are innocent.)

Edited by Daebak - 11 days ago
beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

7,106 Absolutely Stock Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

There are following errors in the Post:

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/nagarjuna-on-rs-100crore-lawsuit-on-surekha-konda-after-no-apology-says-what-about-my-family_212420

Minister has apologised only to Sam and not to Naga and Akkineni family.. so this lawsuit is valid..

Hope it teaches a lesson to all politicians not to use actors for their political gain

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 days ago

What was her comment