Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 hours ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

Katrina really surprised me with her Kay beauty products …she completely understands the consumer needs and gives them great products that are reasonably priced ….no wonder her products are flying off the shelf…they are actually good

Deepika cant even be bothered explaining the science behind her skincare formulations beyond her “rose extracts are cooling and calming to the under eye” nonsense jargon ..

Her products are so over priced. Kat's brand although is a make up brand, is so modestly priced.

TorinoPasta thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitt3n

Katrina and Hrithik are huge stars, so if they’re backing quality stuff, unlike Deepika with her patchouli and ashwagandha nonsense, it’s no wonder they’re doing well.

But what really blew my mind was finding out how much Renee Cosmetics, started by Aashka Garodia, is worth now. Last I remember, she was just a TV actress and a Bigg Boss contestant from that season with Urvashi and Imam Ali. But here she is now, practically swimming in cash, thanks to a makeup line that ballooned into a $100-200 million empire over the last few years.
Seriously? If that’s the world we’re living in, I might as well start my own makeup line. though the odds of it becoming a multimillion-dollar empire are about 0.00001%. 😪

India's consumer base's size is close to none. Not everyone can buy expensive make up products. A lot of people make do with lower priced products. I feel skincare products are difficult to sell beyond the usual face wash, face pack, normal creams, etc. Having said that Ashka must have invested a huge amount of money at the start of her make up brand.

TorinoPasta thumbnail

HRX suceeding and Virat's WROGN facing losses is big news. It is very surprising to see Virat's brand fall behind.

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Snake oil Salesmen- both husband and wife. Ashwagandha in a topical lotion, husband probably has hyaluronic acid in his testosterone boosting drugs. 🤣

Perfect description of both smiley37

Edited by Surly_Devil - 10 hours ago
.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I am using hrx shoes since last three years

Walked miles during pregnancy

So comfortable

SmittenKitt3n thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 hours ago

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

India's consumer base's size is close to none. Not everyone can buy expensive make up products. A lot of people make do with lower priced products. I feel skincare products are difficult to sell beyond the usual face wash, face pack, normal creams, etc. Having said that Ashka must have invested a huge amount of money at the start of her make up brand.

Oh, I agree that those fancy makeup and skincare products aren’t exactly for your everyday household in India. But India does have a huge consumer market for affordable beauty, especially among lower middle class families. That’s probably why brands like Kay Beauty and Renee Cosmetics are thriving. They’ve figured out how to straddle that fine line between being easy on the wallet and still offering something that doesn’t make you question your life choices every time you look in the mirror.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Posted: 9 hours ago

Its a business. It does not matter if her skincare failed. Nobody can guarantee success in business. Kudos to Deepika for trying.

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 hours ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

I wouldn’t think ashwagandha has a direct impact on skin when topically applied …in Ayurveda there are other herbs that are considered more potent for topical application on the skin and have more benefits (neem, turmeric, sandlewood, multani mitti)

I mean they could do clinical studies and research to back up their claims but for now, ashwagandha is most popularly used as an adaptogen when consumed orally - it can help with stress and balancing hormones- leading to better sleep quality …

All that could result in better skin as an after affect (good hormones and good sleep will mean the skin is good) …but ashwagandha itself might not be improving skin unless there is more research on its effects …

Thanks for your response..

My nani always makes a mixture of besan and green moong flour to use as a face wash, then there is kesar, chandan infused oil to be used as moisturizer and manjista and licorice powder to be used as face packs (with raw milk or rosewater depending upon skin oiliness). Never heard of topical application of ashwagandha for skin improvement..

Edited by bashful_moon - 5 hours ago
Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 hours ago

What about Anushka's brand? I know it flopped but is it still in the market?