KJO wanted Alia to make sarees 'cool' again

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 days ago

In a conversation with Allure, Alia Bhatt revealed that Karan Johar wanted young girls to think sarees are cool after watching her in Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani. “Karan Johar [the film's director] said, ‘I want you to only wear saris in the film, and we need to make a saree cool. Young girls should be like, 'Oh, I only want to wear a saree,’ ” the actor said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/alia-bhatt-on-why-karan-johar-made-her-wear-chiffon-sarees-for-rocky-aur-rani-need-to-make-sarees-cool-101726801247667.html

Did Alia follow his advice in real life though? I do not see Alia sport the saree often. Add to it quite a bizarre claim that saree needed a Alia intervention to make it fashionably cool again. smiley36

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Oh please 🙄🙄🙄

Aishwarya made saris cool in 2000s. Then Deepika and even Priyanka did 2010s. As a matter of fact Deepika still wears saris on a regular basis. Wasn’t Madhuri always in a sari in the 90s?

The biggest irony in this is, there’s an episode of KWK where KJo indirectly makes fun of Kangana by mentioning how some people’s airport fashion is showing up in a sari with big glasses on their head. I’m paraphrasing, but you got the gist.

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ab kl ko ye kahey gy puri india mai Sirf yhi sari pehanti thy smiley8

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Alia looked absolutely stunning in Rocky aur Rani in those saree looks smiley20 indeed a likable factor of the movie and worked perfectly!! Good vision KJo! smiley20

Movie and real life are different 🤦‍♀️ just because they wanted certain type of look in a movie doesn’t mean she has to start wearing saree in real life!!

Alia wore/promoted Saree at Met Gala international event, where DP wore western outfit smiley36

find some other reasons to bash guys!! smiley36

Edited by Nishita123 - 7 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Oh I can believe t h a t ... a touch of Yashji...however, I would not associate wearing a sari with "cool".

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Alia Jo bhi phookti hai, she should stop that at once to come out of these bizarre delusions.😅smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

The sarees were popular, her in them is a completely different story.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

sarees are always trendy in India. Even Kim kardashian, Gigi hadid, Zendaya wore sarees in recent time.

When it comes to movies, who can forget Sushmita sen in main hun na.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yup I totally started wearing sarees daily after watching this film! smiley41

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

and she did with aplombsmiley16 not only sarees, her hair..those beach waves, that smudged smoked eyes...the jewels, damn smiley27well done baapu and betiyasmiley40