Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 21 hours ago

I hope Karan doesn’t leave his kids to ranbir and Alia in his will smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 hours ago

Originally posted by: Bekind

I don’t think Suhana Karan are that close.

I think SRK kept his kids distant from KJo in their formulative years. Especially since KJo was just dying for an opportunity to launch them and SRK refused.

I don't think Kajol's kids are close to KJo either. I'm sure KJo has tried to launch Nysa if he could.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I think SRK kept his kids distant from KJo in their formulative years. Especially since KJo was just dying for an opportunity to launch them and SRK refused.

I don't think Kajol's kids are close to KJo either. I'm sure KJo has tried to launch Nysa if he could.

Everyone is friendly enough but they are not super-close that KJo would think of them as his own kids. The big reason is simply because they have their own dad and obviously are not looking for another father-figure. Alia is a totally different case - she's hasn't had a good relationship with her dad. She's talked about it frequently. KJo ended up being the male father figure she needed and she became part of his life before his kids were born when he was lonely and wanted a family.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Everyone is friendly enough but they are not super-close that KJo would think of them as his own kids. The big reason is simply because they have their own dad and obviously are not looking for another father-figure. Alia is a totally different case - she's hasn't had a good relationship with her dad. She's talked about it frequently. KJo ended up being the male father figure she needed and she became part of his life before his kids were born when he was lonely and wanted a family.

Yes, Alia has talked a lot about how she had a very bad relationship with her own father and how KJo filled in that role. He's more or less done something similar to Janhvi. She's not missing a dad but she is missing her mom so KJo has filled in that parental void. And even Boney Kapoor I think is still doing more to salvage his son's career so he doesn't focus as much on his daughters.

This is one of the reasons KJo comes after Sara on KWK all the time. There are lots of stories out there about how Saif was not always present in his kids' lives but Amrita Singh was always very committed and assertive. There was no gap to fill with her around. KJo wanted Sara to sign with Dharma but Amrita kept her away from him, which is why KJo shows obvious favoritism towards Janhvi over Sara.

Bekind thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Yes some root for Karan and Srk friendship but I don’t. Like Srk said you feel alone being at the top. I think it’s good to keep Suhana and Aryan protected. Because Aryan refused Karan movie a few times and Karan always said that he will launch Aryan. I hope we get to watch Aryan interview soon. He is the wiser one.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 hours ago

Assumptions, lies, mind made stories, half truths, zero truths, personal wishes stated as mere facts etc etc...

Truly one of its kind (mad) forum

🤣🤣🤣

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 hours ago

Yes some root for Karan and Srk friendship but I don’t. Like Srk said you feel alone being at the top. I think it’s good to keep Suhana and Aryan protected. Because Aryan refused Karan movie a few times and Karan always said that he will launch Aryan. I hope we get to watch Aryan interview soon. He is the wiser one.

They have a sane friendship but there is a difference between off-work and launching...it's really separating private from filmbusiness (although they have produced movies together like SOTY and Dear Zindagi). Aryan already at his time in UCLA decided to try his hand in filmmaking (he did a film there about his father) and he graduated with a bachelor degree in fine Arts.

Just when Suhana's 6th semster had started at the New York University, Aryan's arrest and prison stay happened... as far as I know she broke up to be with the family ... Gauri's birthday had been the 8th of Oct...and Aryan was released just the day before SRK's birthday...you can imagine the distress they all went through... and then she got the opportunity to work near her family with two she knew well (Agastya from NYU and Kushi as Janhvi's sister).

So, Karan wasn't in the picture at that time. Yet Karan is in Aryan's directing debut, I think.

Edited by Clochette - 17 hours ago
Bekind thumbnail
Posted: 16 hours ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

They have a sane friendship but there is a difference between off-work and launching...it's really separating private from filmbusiness (although they have produced movies together like SOTY and Dear Zindagi). Aryan already at his time in UCLA decided to try his hand in filmmaking (he did a film there about his father) and he graduated with a bachelor degree in fine Arts.

Just when Suhana's 6th semster had started at the New York University, Aryan's arrest and prison stay happened... as far as I know she broke up to be with the family ... Gauri's birthday had been the 8th of Oct...and Aryan was released just the day before SRK's birthday...you can imagine the distress they all went through... and then she got the opportunity to work near her family with two she knew well (Agastya from NYU and Kushi as Janhvi's sister).

So, Karan wasn't in the picture at that time. Yet Karan is in Aryan's directing debut, I think.

I do not trust Karan one bit. Wasn’t he the one who liked anti Srk tweet? And Srk also comment about fat fingers? I am not too happy Srk and Karan are hosting Iffa together. Srk has a kind heart and will always be there for Karan but how Karan has always use Karan for his own gain. Like I said in another thread that Archie was not the right movie for Suhana.

Srk was the one who motivated Karan to make movies and he ditched Srk and started focusing on young actors. Dear zindagi was a very boring movie, it Srk character was not there as Dr. Khan. Aryan made a very wise decision to enter Bollywood as a director.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Posted: 9 hours ago

I do not trust Karan one bit. Wasn’t he the one who liked anti Srk tweet? And Srk also comment about fat fingers? I am not too happy Srk and Karan are hosting Iffa together. Srk has a kind heart and will always be there for Karan but how Karan has always use Karan for his own gain. Like I said in another thread that Archie was not the right movie for Suhana.

Srk was the one who motivated Karan to make movies and he ditched Srk and started focusing on young actors. Dear zindagi was a very boring movie, it Srk character was not there as Dr. Khan. Aryan made a very wise decision to enter Bollywood as a director.

Yes, he did and SRK covered up for him. This was during the period when they were on outs so it says a lot about SRK that despite not being on good terms with KJo (and I think KJo made some digs about him in public during that time too), SRK still defended him to shield him from blame.

I would prefer only SRK and Vicky host IIFA. I hope Karan's host role is limited. Whenever he's around, things get fairly mean-spirited and frankly if Karan's the host, I can already predict the awards. So I was not happy either to hear about SRK and KJo hosting together but Vicky being announced afterwards suggests it won't be KJo hogging all the attention.

I was not a fan of Archies either. I'm not sure what anyone was thinking working on that project. Especially making such a western product catering to western tastes when the audience is Indian. Maybe they thought that being on Netflix, this would get more traction internationally but I don't think just starring SRK's daughter is a big enough hook for a global audience.

KJo used to say he would never make a movie without SRK. My Name is Khan was maybe the peak of their artistic collaborations so it's really sad that KJo more or less dropped him after that. There was so much scope for where KJo, SRK (and maybe Kajol too) could have gone next with their next collabs but that doesn't seem meant to be now. SOTY was a mistake in the long run and he tried really hard with ADHM but that didn't work either. I don't think that film has much of a legacy. Rocky Aur Rani I think did serve as a return to form for KJo, but I feel the Filmfare debacle robbed that movie of all its audience goodwill. I've seen so many comments say that they can't watch the movie now after seeing how KJo and Alia rigged everything for her to win.

I only watched Dear Zindagi for SRK. Not even for him would I watch it again. I don't know why SRK agreed to co-produce that and especially SOTY, a movie he had nothing to do with and which wasn't good at all.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 hours ago

Something I agree with: SRK has a kind heart and Zoya Akthar's The Archies wasn't a good choice (Zoya royally messed up)... as for the latter: no idea how much Farhan's/Ritesh's Excel Entertainment was involved in the production although they weren't mentioned as producers.