Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 22 hours ago

Originally posted by: Schrute

I didn't understand Sitara and Junaid 's conversation. Can someone please explain what he meant?

He was saying that it's a husband who should protect the wife n Sitara was like if the wife can't protect the husband then she shouldn't expect same from him. I suppose they both realised that both husband and wife should protect each other.

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I've noticed that the characters don't explicitly spell out everything, but others notice and then at later stage there 's an action that can be attributed to what they had shown previously. Like Sitara looking at her brother's pic, salar saw that n now he's trying to fix their relationship.

Btw the only thing I can think of that they'll have against SiLaar is salar ne Sitara ko as Sitara says 'kharida' and that it what these ppl will use against SiLaar to humiliate them. šŸ˜‚

And Qasim is marrying nimmi to take revenge as he holds her responsible.

Salar keeping track of Sitara 's wardrobe was funny and cute. šŸ˜‚

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I didn't understand Sitara and Junaid 's conversation. Can someone please explain what he meant?

me too

Sounded regressive

Junaid ended it by saying a kam-haisiyat (poor) wife loves and respects her husband or something like that and Sitara smiled. He also said a woman should worry about protecting her thoughts while her man can worry about protecting her in the physical sense. Wtf. It made me wonder do actors just parrot the written dialogues. Do they not critically think about what theyā€™re saying

Pakistani shows can have weird regressive dialogues at times. If reminded me of that Meerab-Murtasim convo at night where Murtasim tells Meerab about women and men after giving her a book on menā€™s rights. I shouldā€™ve stopped watching that show right then šŸ˜‚

Schrute thumbnail
Posted: 21 hours ago
Yeah it was wierd dude. I thought I was the one who was misunderstanding his words, but if we recall he is kind of a chauvinist( not liking saba working) while tahir seems more progressive.
Sunshinem thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What i understood is.. junaid is trying to convince sitara to love and respect saar & to let salar protect and take care of her (Basically i think he means sitara should submit herself to salaršŸ§)

This reminded me of murtasim's adam eve conversation in tere bin lolšŸ˜‚

Edited by Sunshinem - 20 hours ago
princessjojo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sunshinem

What i understood is.. junaid is trying to convince sitara to let salar protect and take care of her (Basically i think he means sitara should submit herself to salaršŸ§)

This reminded me of murtasim's adam eve conversation in tere bin lolšŸ˜‚

submit herself? šŸ˜®Like he also suggested submitted herself physically? I did not understand a couple words he used

Sameeee god reminded of tere bins adam eve convo

Edited by princessjojo - 21 hours ago
princessjojo thumbnail

We need some jealousy tracks from both side

I want to see what Salar will have to say if Sitara goes for an aise hi birthday dinner with somebody. We need to see someone ogling at her making Salar upset. Sitara going to law school and Salar feeling insecure about some guy in her study group

We need a different girl hitting on Salar and Sitara feeling insecure and Salar reassuring her. Would be even better if this girl praises his life for animals so Sitara realizes she needs to respect his interests

We need Salar unintentionally making passing comments on how he wonā€™t place certain pressures on ā€œtheirā€ kids unlike his father or hoe they will go retire in such and such place 30 years later. Little things that tell her this guy is down for me for life

there is soooo much potential here and we are stuck in this slap fest. I donā€™t mind all of it if we get more meaningful interactions between the couple

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: princessjojo

me too

Sounded regressive

Junaid ended it by saying a kam-haisiyat (poor) wife loves and respects her husband or something like that and Sitara smiled. He also said a woman should worry about protecting her thoughts while her man can worry about protecting her in the physical sense. Wtf. It made me wonder do actors just parrot the written dialogues. Do they not critically think about what theyā€™re saying

Pakistani shows can have weird regressive dialogues at times. If reminded me of that Meerab-Murtasim convo at night where Murtasim tells Meerab about women and men after giving her a book on menā€™s rights. I shouldā€™ve stopped watching that show right then šŸ˜‚

See. In Islam a husband is the head of the family. He is responsible and he has to protect his family members. It is his duty. He has rights on his wife.. like she should obay him, and doesn't allow a person whom he hates to enter his house.

Edited by awida - 21 hours ago
Sunshinem thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 hours ago

Originally posted by: princessjojo

submit herself? šŸ˜®Like he also suggested submitted herself physically? I did not understand a couple words he used

Sameeee god reminded of tere bins adam eve convo

I think junaid was implying that a wife should love, respect her husband and should submit herself to her husband's keeping/protection (physically and mentally) and shouldn't let her thoughts stray to other men.. basically what murtasim was saying to meerab that night with adam and eve reference lolsmiley36.

The only difference is murtasim said explicitly without any filter, but junaid said implicitly with filter lolsmiley37.

Edited by Sunshinem - 20 hours ago
princessjojo thumbnail
Posted: 20 hours ago

Originally posted by: awida

See. In Islam a husband is the head of the family. He is responsible and he has to protect his family members. It is his duty. He has rights on his wife.. like she should obay him, and doesn't allow a person whom he hates to enter his house.

I understand. Iā€™m Muslim too šŸ™‚

But we are watching a culturally set show rather than a religiously inclined one. These are new age, affluent families. There is no way Tahir and Salar pray except on Eid. Salar and Junaid go to a beach house with the boys (what do they do there?). Junaid encouraged or at least condoned Salar having a premarital relationship and stalked a girl around on Salarā€™s request. Theyā€™re not traditional conservative Muslims.

I donā€™t expect traditional philosophies coming out of such a character out of the blue. He has gone against the norm and left his family for a girl, Saba.

Further, Salar hates on Sahiba for wanting her fiance to ditch his interests and provide for her. He tells Sahiba if you want it work for it. Salar gets impressed when Sitara says she will study, work and provide for herself and her brother. That is one instance that makes him fall in love with her finally.

I think if Junaid just said men like to protect and provide that wouldā€™ve been fine but he says much more than that.