Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 days ago

Mind blowing word reminds me of Rajpal sir's legendary english here.

https://youtube.com/shorts/VhDRktbY8is?si=vj_DVukfS2RnKrtz

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Deadinside

Mind blowing word reminds me of Rajpal sir's legendary english here.

https://youtube.com/shorts/VhDRktbY8is?si=vj_DVukfS2RnKrtz

what....u recalled naata Rajpal, but not rangeela wali nangi pungi Urmila...? 🤔😮

Now I am convinced u r dead "inside" 😂

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sharaban

what....u recalled naata Rajpal, but not rangeela wali nangi pungi Urmila...? 🤔😮

Now I am convinced u r dead "inside" 😂

Goood, stay convinced then.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deadinside

Goood, stay convinced then.

Universal fact ko lay kay kaahay ka convince hona😂

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I find it hilarious that a self-proclaimed fan of this film is now gatekeeping on what to appreciate about this film. If anyone dares compliment Urmila instead of Aamir, the attacks begin. Not just against the fans for daring to favor Urmila but also personal and misogynistic attacks against Urmila that all she did was expose herself and she doesn't deserve credit. smiley21 Absolutely disgusting mentality.

The truth of the matter is that Urmila is Rangeela and there is no Rangeela without her. A star was born with this movie. It's perfectly all right to feel Aamir is being underappreciated for his performance in this movie but to retaliate by attacking Urmila with claims that all she did was strip her clothes is absolutely offensive. This is no different than the likes of Kangana calling her a p*rn star.

Such remarks coming from a Pakistani Muslim sound even worse when you consider that Urmila has long said that she's received so much love from Pakistani fans. That she was proud to make Pinjar because she felt it was less jingoistic than Gadar and more respectful of both religions and countries, even if Pinjar failed to have the commercial success Gadar had (probably because it wasn't jingoistic). She's even married a Muslim despite so many political attacks on her and her husband, and for all of this she has my utmost respect. So to see another Pakistani now attacking Urmila just because they're upset people like her more than Aamir in this movie feels so callous and cruel. Pakistanis are a proud people and we do not need such a backwards mentality reflecting on the rest of us. It was bad enough making homophobic remarks about Fawad Khan and now this.

Please do better.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 8 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Like with DDLJ (who released some weeks later) I wished to have got to know what happenend with them after...

Without the competition that Rangeela faced with DDLJ, the FF most probably would have showered awards on Rangeela (I guess)...and Aamir would got - maybe - another opinion about accepting awards.

RGV made a lot of interesting movies (btw, he co-produced SRK's Dil Se...and I genuinely was interested in his time-machine project with SRK which didn't happen, though).

Coming from a Telugu background, I can understand that his focus went back to Telugu Cinema when he didn't got success anymore in Hindi Cinema. But even there, movies gain in lakhs only...

In a world where DDLJ did not clash with Rangeela at the awards, I would have been ecstatic to see Urmila win the Filmfare for Rangeela. I think she was the most likely candidate since the other nominees were Manisha for Akele Hum Akele Tum and Madhuri for Raja and Yaarana.

Manisha's film flopped. Yaarana was heroine-centric but flopped too. Madhuri for Raja was likely the other most likely contender to win since Raja was also a blockbuster and heroine-centric. Also more often than not, if there's a double nominee that year, the double nominee wins. If Kajol had not been in the race, I'd hope Urmila would win for Rangeela over Madhuri for Raja because Urmila deserved at least one Filmfare.

As for Aamir, my personal guess is that even if he won the Filmfare, I feel he would have been offended by another snub years later on and his boycott Filmfare/boycott awards mentality would sprout up regardless. It was always a matter of when rather than if.

What I've read on Box Office India is that Bollywood tried to make RGV a bigger thing than he was. His films were critically acclaimed but never had mass appeal and this is why the masses never went to his movies. Why box office was always low and his films usually underperformed or flopped. I think Rangeela was his biggest commercial success but that was the exception rather than the norm. And this is also why Urmila's stardom never shone as brightly afterwards as it did with Rangeela because she mostly worked with RGV as his muse, so the bulk of her films flopped under his name. She rarely ventured outside of his films and rejected big banners like YRF.

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 days ago

Originally posted by: sharaban

There was nothing remotely "silly" in Rangeela.

Seems like you are referring to the "surreal environment & treatment" Rgv chose to design this film.

The direction, screenplay, treatment, all of the performances and everything about this movie was par excellence and top notch, everything was a saving grace.

Please don't insult this legit master piece by limiting its merits only to music and Urmila's exposing.

That's unfair.

------------

I'm not insulting the movie. I love the soundtrack and Urmila is the best part about Rangeela. She looked lovely in every song.

Urmila isn't the only one who exposed. Jackie Shroff also exposed a lot, especially in Tanha Tanha song.

sharaban thumbnail
Posted: 7 days ago

Originally posted by: Sparkling_Wine

I'm not insulting the movie. I love the soundtrack and Urmila is the best part about Rangeela. She looked lovely in every song.

Urmila isn't the only one who exposed. Jackie Shroff also exposed a lot, especially in Tanha Tanha song.

Lol as if anyone cared about Jackie in his buddhon waala kaala speedo bouncing his flat ass here & there like an idiot... 😂

----------------------

Edited by sharaban - 7 days ago