Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chooseme thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

bold: I agree smiley1...and as for my life, I just would reply: concentrate on yours smiley16

That's exactly nwhat I am doing.

monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ofcourse Amir in Rangeela >>>>>>> SRK in DDLJ

Both movies were trendsetters

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Sorry, that was Urmila. That film is synonymous with her so when one thinks of Rangeela, they think of her especially since the title song is picturized on only her. The second half of the movie barely features Aamir because it's all from Urmila's POV. Her dances and clothing became iconic and made her a star overnight and also launched the career of Manish Malhotra who dressed her.

Go back and watch the opening of the movie. See how it shows each of the great stars in Hindi cinema leading up to Amitabh, Rekha, and Sridevi. After Sridevi, the opening credits end and pan to Urmila in the iconic title song. The message was clear that in this pantheon of stars, Urmila is the next big one and successor to Sridevi. This was a Ram Gopal Varma film. Sridevi was his original muse and then Urmila was his next one. All of his films with Urmila always highlighted her and it's no coincidence that her career began with him and ended with his decline.

Aamir was overshadowed by his female co-star here and history would repeat itself next year with Raja Hindustani. After years of playing inane roles, Karishma truly became a star and the industry's top heroine thanks to her makeover.

But urmila didn't become the successor of sridevi

Urmila was good no doubt , but for me I remember the movie for amir

I watch the movie for entertainment and amir entertained me in rangleela

Urmilas clothes , dance stood out more than her acting for me

Banned

Posted: 12 days ago

[Post Removed]

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

But urmila didn't become the successor of sridevi

Urmila was good no doubt , but for me I remember the movie for amir

I watch the movie for entertainment and amir entertained me in rangleela

Urmilas clothes , dance stood out more than her acting for me

I was reading this article and came across something interesting. It mentioned that Aamir's first four big hits at the box office were all overshadowed by his heroines (Juhi, Madhuri, Urmila, and Karishma).

https://boxofficeindiarecords.blogspot.com/2018/06/sridevi-very-rare-female-star.html

"Dil had Aamir Khan but it became a Madhuri Dixit film, coincidentally the first four big hits of Aamir Khan (Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Dil, Rangeela and Raja Hindustani) all propelled the heroines as they took the credit."

Chingaari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Most Liked (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: a day ago

I have developed a secret crush on fazgostososmiley43

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Of course Aamir was fantastic. SRK was cute, handsome and all sure but Rangeela role was different and it required acting which Aamir excelled in. Those two roles are not comparable as they are different.

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

SRK's Raj n DDLJ is forever iconic. No one even remembers Rangeela or Amir's character name .

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 hours ago

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Of course Aamir was fantastic. SRK was cute, handsome and all sure but Rangeela role was different and it required acting which Aamir excelled in. Those two roles are not comparable as they are different.

bold:That's what I often think when comparisons are done here...

There is another difference that often isn't respected (imo): being a popular actor/actress is another quality-term than being a skilled actor/actress.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 hours ago

Originally posted by: chamchamgirl

why are you so pretentious. why can't you let a bitch be?? let us breathe without you talking over us u psychpath!!!!

Wow... what happenes here... one person doing three ID's or three different "Beginners" with the same goal...to pollute the threads here...also reported