Was Madhuri’s performance in HAHK better than Kajol in DDLJ?

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 days ago

Both these movies are classics. Kajol was outstanding in DDLJ. But I felt Madhuri was better in HAHK. Her million dollar smile and amazing charisma made this movie what it is. What do you feel? 🥸

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail

Madhuri was perfect for HAHK

Kajol was perfect for DDLJ

End of the story.

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I find Madhuri much better than Kajol.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Its Kajol for me. Current generation does not care about HAHK, but everyone is still obsessed with DDLJ and KKHH too

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Its Kajol for me. Current generation does not care about HAHK, but everyone is still obsessed with DDLJ and KKHH too

Did you surveyed the whole new generation..lol

No movie crossed HAHK , so far till date, DDLJ done almost just half of the business of HAHK despite been dragged in one theater at one show for decades.....lol

-------------

Edited by sharaban - 19 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sharaban

No movie crossed HAHK , so far till date, DDLJ done almost just half of the business of HAHK despite been dragged in one theater at one show for decades.....lol

-------------

I agree with Shaitan. DDLJ has way more clout and relevance, whether it's the SRK/Kajol jodi, the iconic characters of Raj and Simran, the train scene, the songs, Karwa Chauth for men, Euro vacations, etc.

I grew up in the 2000s and I knew about DDLJ but HAHK was way before my time and I was exposed to it much later because it was never talked about or rarely referenced by the youth. Also if HAHK had the staying power of DDLJ, then it would be the one in theaters everyday for the last few decades. It's a question of demand and supply and DDLJ clearly has the demand, hence why it gets the re-release treatment HAHK doesn't. And DDLJ is the one getting a Broadway show.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

in all the many galaxies 😂
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

-------------

I don't need to. Its quite obvio.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I don't need to. Its quite obvio.

Chup kar , trolling na kar....

Nothing obvio shobvio

Ddlj, hahk kay saamnay kuch nahi, zabardasti laalchi huklay nay barson aik show may iss ronduu film ko ghaseeta phir bhi HAHK ka sirf 55℅ business hee kar paai...🤣🤣🤣

----------

Edited by sharaban - 19 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

More proof of DDLJ's supremacy from this comment.

as for bollywood hitting abroad more previously thats an absolute lie. DDLJ was a monsterr in foriegn markets - i went morocco a year ago - the girl couldnt speak english yet she sang tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam perfectly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bollywood/comments/1522fg7/90s_bollywood_has_pushed_hindi_movie_industry_at/

Notice even in Bombay Talkies, the group song with all the actors has its grand finale with SRK to the music of Tujhe Dekha To.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igd4N1GxcBo