Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

During Fanney Khan promotions in 2018, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan said that she was the first choice for Bajirao Mastani and Padmaavat.

Aishwarya: "Sanjay Leela Bhansali wanted me to do Bajirao Mastani but he didn’t get the Bajirao for me. He wanted me to do Padmaavat, but could not get the Khilji for me, at the casting time. So, that’s how it didn’t happen."

However, Sanjay Leela Bhansali immediately issued a statement completing contradicting Aishwarya.

Bhansali's statement:

Apparently Bhansali is quite miffed with the reports and has reportedly said that no such film was offered to Aishwarya. 

"It was also reported that Aishwarya was offered Bajirao Mastani and Padmaavat, both of which are untrue. When Bajirao Mastani was first announced over a decade ago, it was with Kareena Kapoor Khan. Padmaavat too was offered only to Deepika Padukone, who was the first choice. Aishwarya has not been offered any Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed film after Guzaarish. The filmmaker is wondering where these rumours are stemming from."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiatoday.in/amp/movies/gossip/story/bhansali-rubbishes-reports-that-aishwarya-walked-out-of-his-film-1328648-2018-08-31

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Anil Sharma didn't say he wanted to cast Aishwarya Rai in Gadar. He said he had a lot of names on his mind including Aishwarya and Kajol. He narrated the script to many actresses, some turned it down. 

A known actress agreed to star in it but was charging a lot of money (It was probably Aishwarya as she is known to charge exorbitant amounts. For Mangal Pandey, Aishwarya hiked her price after signing the contract and refused to shoot until the filmmakers gave in to her demands so Aamir Khan replaced her with Ameesha). 

Anil Sharma then said that he had to choose between that actress who was overcharging and Amrish Puri. He chose Amrish Puri and casted a new face. 

“When we were doing the film, I had a lot of names of actresses on my mind, Aishwarya, Kajol. There were a lot of them. I had to narrate the script to them, and two-three of them heard and also liked it. A few of them turned it down as well. I don’t want to go into why they rejected it.

Zee told me that they spoke to an actress who had agreed to star in it but was charging a lot of money. But the budget was tight, so they told me I had to choose between the heroine or Amrish Puri! So I chose Amrish ji and said I will cast a new heroine. Amrish ji was absolutely necessary. There would have been no film without him. He had to be this powerful Ashraf Ali. Then we decided to cast a new face,” he added.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/anil-sharma-reveals-he-had-thought-of-aishwarya-rai-kajol-for-gadar-8960324/