Celebrating 29 years of the mindblowing RANGEELA

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 days ago

Mind blowing story

Mind blowing direction

Mind blowing performances by all

Mind blowing Music

A film way ahead of its time in every way possible, still feels fresh and seems to be made in 2024 and not 1995.

Let's celebrate 29 years of Rangeela.

https://ibb.co/QJfT3tZ

https://ibb.co/HVcHZJk

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 10 days ago

The movie where we saw Urmila for the first time in a glamorous role. She got lot of fame and popularity because of Rangeela. I think this is the first fullfledged bollywood movie of A.R. Rahman too as a music director. Before this movie, he used to give music to hindi dubbed movies of south. He too garnered lot of praises for his songs.

The movie that gave this message that love is above money and comforts. I guess the climax of this movie too can be debatable like HDDCS.

sharaban thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

This should be the spirit 😅

https://youtu.be/jRHvgvQ3D1w?si=hLQXlNZQ8kxeIuco

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Movie was ok

But why celebrate now----faltu ka time pass kisko hai kya?smiley36

sharaban thumbnail

Movie was just OK?

Have u even watched it ?

-----------------------

Edited by sharaban - 8 days ago
Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 days ago

Rangeela's plot is so silly.... I watched it recently with my cousins and we were laughing at how bad the story and the dialogues were. The ending is very abrupt. The only saving grace of the movie was AR Rahman's music which catapulted Aamir Khan, Ram Gopal Varma, and Urmila to fame.

When I saw the movie in 1995, I fell in love with Urmila the moment this song started. She was beautiful, seductive, and hot.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sparkling_Wine

Rangeela's plot is so silly.... I watched it recently with my cousins and we were laughing at how bad the story and the dialogues were. The ending is very abrupt. The only saving grace of the movie was AR Rahman's music which catapulted Aamir Khan, Ram Gopal Varma, and Urmila to fame.

When I saw the movie in 1995, I fell in love with Urmila the moment this song started. She was beautiful, seductive, and hot.

There was nothing remotely "silly" in Rangeela.

Seems like you are referring to the "surreal environment & treatment" Rgv chose to design this film.

The direction, screenplay, treatment, all of the performances and everything about this movie was par excellence and top notch, everything was a saving grace.

Please don't insult this legit master piece by limiting its merits only to music and Urmila's exposing.

That's unfair.

------------

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

The movie where we saw Urmila for the first time in a glamorous role. She got lot of fame and popularity because of Rangeela. I think this is the first fullfledged bollywood movie of A.R. Rahman too as a music director. Before this movie, he used to give music to hindi dubbed movies of south. He too garnered lot of praises for his songs.

The movie that gave this message that love is above money and comforts. I guess the climax of this movie too can be debatable like HDDCS.

Like with DDLJ (who released some weeks later) I wished to have got to know what happenend with them after...

Without the competition that Rangeela faced with DDLJ, the FF most probably would have showered awards on Rangeela (I guess)...and Aamir would got - maybe - another opinion about accepting awards.

RGV made a lot of interesting movies (btw, he co-produced SRK's Dil Se...and I genuinely was interested in his time-machine project with SRK which didn't happen, though).

Coming from a Telugu background, I can understand that his focus went back to Telugu Cinema when he didn't got success anymore in Hindi Cinema. But even there, movies gain in lakhs only...

-raVen- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Maybe the first bollywood movie ever that became popular only because of music and the actress as box office india said.

sharaban thumbnail

Why this forum is so hell bent against Aamir royally ignoring him for Rangeela, giving all of the credit to Urmila's exposing and brutally ignoring the beautiful story, wonderful direction and outclass Performance by Aamir...

As if filmfare was already not enough for massively ignoring Aamir for the much deserving main lead award, that now this delulu forum also contributing its share .. ..😅

(If music and Urmi's body show were the only reason for its blockbuster success, than Urmila's DAUD would have been a bigger hit than Rangeela)

---------