Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 hours ago

Also shocking to see you2 shoot this hard for Ranveer given how she used to be more passive aggressive towards him pre their marriage and even later, I guess the baby sealed the deal for jiju with atleast some crazenssmiley36

Edited by elaichichai - 3 hours ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

For people saying that Dhoom 4 will be a reboot and scrap Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra, I find that ridiculous. We saw what happened to the Race franchise with Race 3 when Salman Khan took over. You can't get much bigger than Salman but that film failed and derailed the franchise. Saif is not a big star but people want him back because they have nostalgia for Race. It's not Race without him which is why they're listening to the audiences and bringing him back. Would be very foolish for Dhoom 4 to make the same mistake as Dhoom 3.

And I don't believe Uday Chopra would be cut out of his own brother's production. So that's another thing. Dhoom franchise is all he has left for a film career.

I don't see Dhoom 4 happening at all, at least if Adi hasn't gone senile. First of all, you can't replace Abhishek and Uday and keep the spirit of that movie. Secondly, no big actors now will agree to do those roles because they know you will get overshadowed by the villain. Abhishek would only agree due to the legacy factor and considering it his film, you know? And why would Adi kick out his own brother when people actually like Uday in Dhoom? What's the point?

Also, the story is too played out. What more can they do with cops and robbers where the villain always wins? Dhoom 3 itself was so bad despite ripping off elements from The Prestige. People just watched it for the Dhoom name but nobody likes that movie.

The whole idea is illogical. Even if they absolutely wanted to redo the same thing again, it makes more sense to do an actual reboot with 25-year-old actors for the new generation--not some 45 year old bald uncle who is always upcoming.

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Also after all this talk about YRF insta and twitter I went to scan it and so glad to see that it is mainly Shah after every few posts that they post on, as it should be, the king of YRF...his career revival with Pathan was so sweet for me also cause it was a YRF production (his homecoming) and ofc also cause it starred my Deepu.

P.S. Love this bop

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_2ceZkoN59/

Edited by elaichichai - 3 hours ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hotchoco

I don't see Dhoom 4 happening at all, at least if Adi hasn't gone senile. First of all, you can't replace Abhishek and Uday and keep the spirit of that movie. Secondly, no big actors now will agree to do those roles because they know you will get overshadowed by the villain. Abhishek would only agree due to the legacy factor and considering it his film, you know? And why would Adi kick out his own brother when people actually like Uday in Dhoom? What's the point?

Also, the story is too played out. What more can they do with cops and robbers where the villain always wins? Dhoom 3 itself was so bad despite ripping off elements from The Prestige. People just watched it for the Dhoom name but nobody likes that movie.

The whole idea is illogical. Even if they absolutely wanted to redo the same thing again, it makes more sense to do an actual reboot with 25-year-old actors for the new generation--not some 45 year old bald uncle who is always upcoming.

The Chopras and the Bachchans have not been on good terms since Dhoom 3. Abhishek Bachchan apparently had issues even with Dhoom 2, where he felt he wasn't given anything to do. But there at least he was still given some importance and a heavy role, while in Dhoom 3, he feels like less than even a side character and is treated as such. Reportedly this is why Abhishek wasn't asked to come back for Bunty Aur Babli 2 as both families are not on speaking terms anymore.

So unless the two families patch things up and Abhishek is given a lead role again, I don't see Dhoom 4 happening. Because if you don't have Abhishek and Uday, it's a completely different franchise and audiences are more clever than filmmakers give them credit for. They will not be fooled again. We already saw their reactions to Dhoom 3 and especially Race 3.

This is also one of the reasons why I think a Dhoom 4 could happen if SRK was the lead. The reason for this is because Abhishek is on very good terms with SRK. He feels comfortable with him which is why he's repeatedly agreed to do supporting roles for SRK like in KANK, Happy New Year, and now he's playing the villain in King. Abhishek does not do this for just any actor. If SRK was brought on board Dhoom 4, Abhishek could likely be convinced to return as he also knows that SRK won't let him be saddled with a meaningless role. Thus, from every angle, it makes more sense to continue Dhoom with SRK rather than Ranbir, because SRK has the connections to YRF, Adi, and Abhishek.

And if they can't get Abhishek and Uday, they shouldn't bother. Try and see Ranbir lead his own franchise...oh wait, they already tried that with Brahmastra.

hotchoco thumbnail
Posted: 2 hours ago

The Chopras and the Bachchans have not been on good terms since Dhoom 3. Abhishek Bachchan apparently had issues even with Dhoom 2, where he felt he wasn't given anything to do. But there at least he was still given some importance and a heavy role, while in Dhoom 3, he feels like less than even a side character and is treated as such. Reportedly this is why Abhishek wasn't asked to come back for Bunty Aur Babli 2 as both families are not on speaking terms anymore.

So unless the two families patch things up and Abhishek is given a lead role again, I don't see Dhoom 4 happening. Because if you don't have Abhishek and Uday, it's a completely different franchise and audiences are more clever than filmmakers give them credit for. They will not be fooled again. We already saw their reactions to Dhoom 3 and especially Race 3.

This is also one of the reasons why I think a Dhoom 4 could happen if SRK was the lead. The reason for this is because Abhishek is on very good terms with SRK. He feels comfortable with him which is why he's repeatedly agreed to do supporting roles for SRK like in KANK, Happy New Year, and now he's playing the villain in King. Abhishek does not do this for just any actor. If SRK was brought on board Dhoom 4, Abhishek could likely be convinced to return as he also knows that SRK won't let him be saddled with a meaningless role. Thus, from every angle, it makes more sense to continue Dhoom with SRK rather than Ranbir, because SRK has the connections to YRF, Adi, and Abhishek.

And if they can't get Abhishek and Uday, they shouldn't bother. Try and see Ranbir lead his own franchise...oh wait, they already tried that with Brahmastra.

Bunty and Babli sequel failed too even though Saif is a good actor. Race 3 had the same problem. Why would you want sequels that don't have the same actors? It makes no sense.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Bunty and Babli sequel failed too even though Saif is a good actor. Race 3 had the same problem. Why would you want sequels that don't have the same actors? It makes no sense.

This is a perfect example. I love the original movie. The sequel was very disappointing. The equation was completely different because Saif is not Abhishek. It's like making a Hum Tum 2 but replacing Saif with Abhishek. Rani has great chemistry with both leads but for Bunty aur Babli 2, you need Abhishek. Everything felt off right from the opening sequence which recaps the original movie but randomly inserts Saif's face onto Bunty's character.

Much of the Bachchan/Chopra fallout is also due to Rani though. She was angry that she wasn't invited to the Aish/Abhishek wedding, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's played a hand in sidelining the Bachchans in future YRF films, since she had tiffs with all four main members of the family (Amitabh, Jaya, Abhishek, and Aishwarya). It was notable that Jaya Bachchan was not invited to Yash Chopra's birthday bash, after his death, even though all the main Yash Chopra heroines were there. And Amitabh, who had his own long partnership with Yash Chopra before SRK, was not there either.

There's been a cold war between these two families since Yash Chopra's death, which is when Rani was able to instigate herself into the family and marry Adi, leading to the Dhoom 3 fallout.

hotchoco thumbnail

This is a perfect example. I love the original movie. The sequel was very disappointing. The equation was completely different because Saif is not Abhishek. It's like making a Hum Tum 2 but replacing Saif with Abhishek. Rani has great chemistry with both leads but for Bunty aur Babli 2, you need Abhishek. Everything felt off right from the opening sequence which recaps the original movie but randomly inserts Saif's face onto Bunty's character.

Much of the Bachchan/Chopra fallout is also due to Rani though. She was angry that she wasn't invited to the Aish/Abhishek wedding, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's played a hand in sidelining the Bachchans in future YRF films, since she had tiffs with all four main members of the family (Amitabh, Jaya, Abhishek, and Aishwarya). It was notable that Jaya Bachchan was not invited to Yash Chopra's birthday bash, after his death, even though all the main Yash Chopra heroines were there. And Amitabh, who had his own long partnership with Yash Chopra before SRK, was not there either.

There's been a cold war between these two families since Yash Chopra's death, which is when Rani was able to instigate herself into the family and marry Adi, leading to the Dhoom 3 fallout.

Rani was with Adi for many years before Yash Chopra died. I think she was hurt and felt rejected by Abhishek because they used to be close friends but he started ignoring her after Aish and didn't invite her to the wedding either. Around that time, they were shooting a YRF movie together - Laga Chunari me Daag and Aish went on location/set and stayed with Abhishek while he was shooting with Rani. It must have been awkward. After that, obviously Rani must have used her clout with Adi to keep Abhishek away from YRF stuff.

Abhishek's career is going nowhere though so if they offered him a movie on professional terms, I don't see him saying no.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Rani was with Adi for many years before Yash Chopra died. I think she was hurt and felt rejected by Abhishek because they used to be close friends but he started ignoring her after Aish and didn't invite her to the wedding either. Around that time, they were shooting a YRF movie together - Laga Chunari me Daag and Aish went on location/set and stayed with Abhishek while he was shooting with Rani. It must have been awkward. After that, obviously Rani must have used her clout with Adi to keep Abhishek away from YRF stuff.

Abhishek's career is going nowhere though so if they offered him a movie on professional terms, I don't see him saying no.

They were together yes, but Yash Chopra and Pamela both wouldn't accept Rani as a daughter-in-law. This is why Rani didn't get married to Adi until his father had passed away. As long as Yash Chopra was alive, he wasn't allowing Adi to get married and only after his death did Pamela relent.

Rani gave an interview about how hurt she was that she wasn't invited to Abhishek's wedding. However, there was a lot of friction between her and the Bachchans in general, not even considering Aishwarya. Rani and Abhishek weren't just close friends but they actually dated. They were polar opposites in personality though. Abhishek was more westernized and enjoyed going to restaurants and hotels for continental food, whereas Rani liked to sit at home and eat typical Indian food. Jaya did not like Rani at all. Both Jaya and Amitabh had heard about Rani's "closeness" to Adi and her attempts to break his marriage since he was still with Payal at this point. They didn't want that linked with their family (similarly when Hrithik and Shweta were seeing each other, Kangana came out with her allegations against Hrithik, and Shweta was ordered by her parents to stop seeing Hrithik so the family wouldn't be touched by this scandal).

Jaya and Rani had a legendary feud during the filming of Laaga Chunari Mein Daag (also Rani's last film with Abhishek). They were both constantly swiping taunts at each other between takes. Rani had also messed up her relationship with Amitabh on the set of Black. This is when Rani was dating Abhishek. The kiss scene between Rani and Amitabh made Amitabh uncomfortable as this was his son's girlfriend. Bhansali refused to remove the kiss from the film so Amitabh asked Rani to step down from the movie out of respect for Abhishek and the family's values. Rani refused and told Amitabh he should leave the movie, she's not going anywhere. And I always find that funny because imagine any young and budding actress telling the biggest superstar of all time to quit. So needless to say, Rani was not liked by any of the Bachchans which is why their long relationship with the Chopras more or less ended after Yash Chopra's death and Rani becoming a Chopra herself.

If you look at the pic of the birthday bash I posted above, what's very telling are the notable omissions. The Bachchans, like I said were absent, with much media attention to the fact that neither Amitabh or Jaya were invited. You could argue this was because Rekha was there, but Jaya has gone to plenty of events with Rekha around and they even meet publicly, although Amitabh doesn't.

Media also pointed out that Kajol and Aishwarya were not invited. You can claim they were not Yash Chopra heroines as they were Adi Chopra heroines, but it's long been said that Yash Chopra ghost-directed DDLJ and Mohabbatein (the latter especially has the DNA of a Yash Chopra movie). More than that, Parineeti Chopra was never a Yash Chopra heroine but she was there since she was the latest YRF heroine to be signed along with Anushka, plus she had been an employee of the company. So the issue with Kajol and Aishwarya's absences were deeper than that.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan had the big clash with Ajay Devgan's Son of Sardaar. Ajay had made allegations against the Chopras for taking all the screens. Kajol was pointedly not invited to the Jab Tak Hai Jaan premiere, even though I believe she always used to come to the YRF premieres before this. Kajol and Rani always had an antagonistic relationship with Kajol looking down on Rani. That dynamic has changed in the last decade because now Rani is too powerful as the wife of Adi Chopra so Kajol has to tolerate her. So Kajol's omission was due to all that. The Chopras are too powerful so Ajay and Kajol play nice with them now.

As for the lack of Aishwarya, even if the Bachchans could not attend the birthday bash because Rekha was there, they could have sent Aishwarya as a representative. But she was not invited either because of her friction with Rani. This is why there's no Kajol or Bachchan family presence despite both sides having had a long affiliation with YRF.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: an hour ago

Originally posted by: elaichichai

Also shocking to see you2 shoot this hard for Ranveer given how she used to be more passive aggressive towards him pre their marriage and even later, I guess the baby sealed the deal for jiju with atleast some crazenssmiley36

Every single member will disagree with you on this. I fought for Ranveer,since 2012,single handedly..the same way,I am doing now. Let us see who refutes my claimsmiley14.

P.S. I posted their Dubai pics together here.

Edited by you2 - an hour ago

Banned

Posted: an hour ago

[Post Removed]